Lakshmi Devi Gottemukkula, Rishika Singh, N. Prathyusha, J. Akhila, B. Devender, Ramya Sri. S
Lakshmi Devi Gottemukkula1*, Rishika Singh1, N. Prathyusha1, J. Akhila1, B. Devender1, Ramya Sri. S2.
1Department of Pharmaceutics, Joginpally B. R Pharmacy College, Moinabad, Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
2Department of Pharmaceutics, University College of Technology, Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
Volume - 16,
Issue - 8,
Year - 2023
The current study's objective is to directly compress a Zopiclone rapid release tablet and assess it. The superdisintegrants (crospovidone, croscarmellose sodium, fenugreek) were used to hasten drug release from tablets. The prepared tablets pre-compression, post-compression characteristics were scrutinised. The interactions between the medication excipients were investigated using FTIR. The research shows that direct compression F3 formulations had a faster drug release of 100.05% over a 45-minute period than other Zopiclone formulations, which had lower dissolving rates when utilising Crospovidone.
Cite this article:
Lakshmi Devi Gottemukkula, Rishika Singh, N. Prathyusha, J. Akhila, B. Devender, Ramya Sri. S. Formulation and Evaluation of Immediate Release Tablets of Zopiclone. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(8):3755-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00620
Lakshmi Devi Gottemukkula, Rishika Singh, N. Prathyusha, J. Akhila, B. Devender, Ramya Sri. S. Formulation and Evaluation of Immediate Release Tablets of Zopiclone. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(8):3755-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00620 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-16-8-40
1. Manish J, Sonam R, Amit K, Sanjay KS, Bhupendra SC. A Review On Immediate Release Drug Delivery System By Using Design Of Experiment. Journal of Drug Discovery and Therapeutics. 2013; 1 (12): 21-7.
2. Vaseeha Banu TS, Jaiswal VA, Mohammad SA. Formulation and Evaluation of Transdermal Patches of Decongestant Drug. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2022; 14(3): 195-8.
3. Dedhiya MG, Rastogi SK, Chhettry A. Lercanidipine Immediate Release Compositions. United States Patient Application. 2006; 134-212.
4. Patrik E, Barbro J. New Oral Immediate Release Dosage Form. United States Patient Application. 2006.
5. Kaur V, Mehara N. A Review on: Importance of Superdisintegrant on Immediate Release Tablets. International Journal of Research and Scientific Innovation. 2016; 3: 39-43.
6. Yujie Z, Le L, Zheng L, Qinying W, Qida Z, Wei Z. Development and evaluation of zopiclone compression coated tablet for time-controlled pulse release: Mechanism and in vivo study. Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology. (2020); 57: 101714-24.
7. United States Pharmacopeia: Bulk Density and Tapped Density of Powders, USP 32, 226.
8. Indian Pharmacopoeia, (1996) Vol I and II, The Controller of Publications, Delhi, 137-8.
9. Ramya Sri Sura, Subrahmanyam CVS, Shyam sunder Rachamalla. Design and evaluation of liquisolid compacts of nebivolol hydrochloride. International Journal of Applied Pharmaceutics. 2022; 14(2): 293-307.
10. Venkata Phani Deep M, Varma V, Naveen T, Yona P, Vamsi D, Ramya Sri S. Formulation and in vitro evaluation of olanzapine immediate Release tablets. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2019; 7(2): 574-80.
11. Ramya Sri Sura and Pavani S. Formulation And Evaluation Of Bioadhesive Buccal Tablets Of Mosapride Citrate. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2014; 3(10): 1545-76.