Clofarabine is an anti-cancer drug. A new stability indicating isocratic RP-HPLC and LC-APCI-MS methods have been developed and validated for the quantification of Clofarabine as per ICH guidelines. Thermo scientific-TSQ Quantis with Vanquish HPLC coupled with MS was employed for the present study. Simpack C18 column was used for chromatographic resolution and a triple quadrupole mass spectrometer with atmospheric pressure chemical ionization (APCI) source, running in the positive mode (as well as negative mode) was used for detection. A mixture of 0.1% Formic acid: Acetonitrile was used as mobile phase on gradient mode and a mixture of Methanol: Water (50:50, v/v) was used as diluent. A wide linearity concentration range 5.0-150 µg/mL was shown by the proposed method. The proposed methods are simple, precise, and accurate are used to quantify the marketed formulations of Clofarabine. Stress degradation studies were performed and the method is found to be selective and specific.
Cite this article:
Sai Gnaneswari Aluri, Mukthinuthalapati Mathrusri Annapurna. A new stability indicating HPLC and LC-APCI-MS methods for the estimation of Clofarabine in pharmaceutical dosage forms. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(5):2485-1. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00409
Sai Gnaneswari Aluri, Mukthinuthalapati Mathrusri Annapurna. A new stability indicating HPLC and LC-APCI-MS methods for the estimation of Clofarabine in pharmaceutical dosage forms. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(5):2485-1. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00409 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-16-5-68
1. Nijstad AL, Nierkens S, Lindemans CA, Boelens JJ, Bierings M, Versluys AB, van der Elst KCM, Huitema ADR. Population pharmacokinetics of Clofarabine for allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation in paediatric patients. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2021; 87(8): 3218-3226.
2. Chaithanya Sudha PD. Validated RP-HPLC method for the determination of Clofarabine in bulk and tablet dosage. /Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research. 2019; 11(5): 1781-1786.
3. Jinal N Tandel, Jimi N Patel and Samir K Shah. Quantification of Clofarabine and its impurity substances by RP-HPLC method in parenteral formulation. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Nanotechnology. 2017; 10(4).
4. Jagadeswara Rao K, Murali Mohan SV and Rama Rao Malla. Validated Reverse Phase Stability-Indicating HPLC Method for Clofarabine in the Presence of Degradation Products and its Process-Related Impurities. 2016; 11(6): 63-72.
5. Dhananjay Prasad D, Ravi Kumar B, Sidda Reddy K and SreeramLu J. Ultra-performance liquid chromatographic method for quantification of Clofarabine related substances in an injection formulation. International Journal of Innovative Science and Research Technology. 2017; 2(7): 334-345.
6. Zhang X, Jia X, Tong W, Chen H, Lei N, Li G, Tai J, Li P. Quantification of clofarabine in urine and plasma by LC-MS/MS: suitable for PK study and TDM in pediatric patients with relapsed or refractory ALL. RSC Adv. 2022; 12(51): 33091-33098.
7. ICH Validation of analytical procedures: Text and methodology Q2 (R1), International Conference on Harmonization (2005).
8. ICH Stability testing of new drug substances and products Q1A (R2), International Conference on Harmonization (2003).