Shivani Sharma, Amar Deep Ankalgi, Arti Devi, Mahendra Singh Ashawat
Shivani Sharma1*, Amar Deep Ankalgi1, Arti Devi1,Mahendra Singh Ashawat2
1Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance, Laureate Institute of Pharmacy Kathog Jawalaji, H.P., India.
2Department of Pharmaceutics, Laureate Institute of Pharmacy KathogJawalaji, H.P., India.
Volume - 16,
Issue - 5,
Year - 2023
Cardiovascular diseases are managed through multi drug regimens. For better patient compliance and cost effectiveness, desired therapeutic efficacy is achieved through combination of more than two drugs in single dosage form. Nebivolol Hydrochloride is ß1 receptor blocker and Pravastatin sodium exhibits its pharmacological action through inhibition of cholesterol synthesis. Both drugs are therapeutically compatible and can be administered in single dose formulation. A review of the literature found that there was no effective strategy for the selected drug combination. As a result, an attempt was made to establish a simple, efficient, sensitive, specific, and rapid method for simultaneously estimating Pravastatin sodium and Nebivolol hydrochloride in bulk drugs using RP-HPLC.Column C-18 (Shim-pack) 250 x 4.6 mm, particle size 5 m, mobile phase acetonitrile and water in the ratio 20:80 at 257 nm were found to be the optimal chromatographic conditions. Pravastatin sodium and Nebivolol hydrochloride had retention times of 2.092 and 3.623 minutes, respectively, with average percentage recovery of 99.38% and 99.54%, respectively.The proposed technique was found to be in accordance with the guidelines of the International Conference on Harmonization (ICH).
Cite this article:
Shivani Sharma, Amar Deep Ankalgi, Arti Devi,Mahendra Singh Ashawat. Development of Efficient Analytical method for the multicomponent analysis of Pravastatin Sodium and Nebivolol Hydrochloride in Bulk Drug by RP-HPLC. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(5):2477-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00408
Shivani Sharma, Amar Deep Ankalgi, Arti Devi,Mahendra Singh Ashawat. Development of Efficient Analytical method for the multicomponent analysis of Pravastatin Sodium and Nebivolol Hydrochloride in Bulk Drug by RP-HPLC. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(5):2477-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00408 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-16-5-67
6. Beckett AH, Stenlake JB. Text book of practical pharmaceutical chemistry. Part II, CBS, Publishers and Distributors, New Delhi. Pg No158-164. 2005.
7. Lloyed R, Joseph J et al. Practical HPLC method development. 2nd ed. Jhon Willy and Sons, New York. Pg No653. 2004.
8. Hema, Swati Reddy G. A review on new analytical method development and validation by RP-HPLC. Int Res J Pharm Biosci. Pg No41-50. 2017.
9. Ravisankar P, Navya CN, Pravallika D, Sri DN. A review on step by step analytical method validation. ISOR J Pharm. Pg No 7-19. 2015 doi.org/10.22159/ijap.2018v10i6.28279
10. ICH, Q2 Validation of Analytical Procedures: Text and Methodology. International Conference on Harmonization of Technical Requirements for Registrations of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use, ICH harmonized Tripartite Guideline, Nov 2005.
12. Shaikh HA, Jain V. Novel Reverse-Phase High-Performance Liquid Chromatography method development and validation for estimation of telmisartan and nebivolol hydrochloride in pharmaceutical dosage form. Asian J Pharm Clin Res. 2018;11(9):431-5doi.org/10.22159/ajpcr.2018.v11i9.27016.
13. Doshi DB, Bhatt PA. Development and Validation of UV Spectrophotometric Methods for the Estimation of Pravastatin Sodium in Bulk and Tablet Dosage Form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2010;3(3):869-71.
14. Seetharaman R, Lakshmi KS. Development and Validation of a Reverse Phase Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatographic Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Nebivolol and Valsartan in Pharmaceutical Capsule Formulation. Journal of Chromatography and Separation Techniques. 2014;5(3):1doi: 10.4172/2157-7064.1000229
15. Patel SR, Patel SM, Patel JI, Patel PU. Simultaneous determination of nebivolol and amlodipine in combined dosage form by derivative spectrophotometry. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2011;4(1):109-12.
16. Raju NA, Begum S. Simultaneous RP-HPLC method for the estimation of the emtricitabine, tenofovir disoproxil fumerate and efavirenz in tablet dosage forms. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2008;1(4):522-5doi: 10.4103/2229-4708.103876.
17. Vasanthan K, Vijayageetha R, Arcot AS. Method Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for Estimation of Nateglinide in Bulk Drug and Pharmaceutical Formulation. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2010;3(3):804-6
18. Dinda SC, Desireddy RB, Kumar PJ, Chand AS, Rao PS, Kumar BA. Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for qunatitative analysis of Amlodipine besylate in pure and Pharmaceutical formulations. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2013;6(2):204-7.Maslarska V. Development, optimization and validation of HPLC method for determination of Pravastatin Sodium in Tablets. Int. J. Adv. Pharmacy, Biol. Chem..2014;3:230-4.
19. Maslarska V. Development, optimization and validation of HPLC method for determination of Pravastatin Sodium in Tablets. Int. J. Adv. Pharmacy, Biol. Chem..2014;3:230-4.
20. Jacob J, Vishal JM. Development and Validation of Analytical Methods for Pravastatin. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2013;6(10):1116-20.
21. Dey S, Sarkar S, Malakar J, Ghosh A, Gangopadhyay A, Mazumder B. Spectrophotometric method for simultaneous determination of atenolol and atorvastatin in tablet dosage forms. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Research. 2012; 3:40-3.
22. Raj ND, Kumaravel S, Murugan R, Narayanan SS, Vijayalakshmi R. Reverse phase HPLC method for determination of pravastatin in tablet dosage forms. Int J Res Pharm Sci. 2010;1:187-9.
23. Rao AL, Rajeswari KR, Sankar GG. Spectrophotometric method for the determination of nebivolol hydrochloride in bulk and pharmaceutical formulations. E-Journal of Chemistry. 2010;7doi:10.1155/2010/902697.
24. Meyyanathan SN, Rajan S, Muralidharan S, Birajdar AS, Suresh B. A validated RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of nebivolol and hydrochlorothiazide in tablets. Indian journal of pharmaceutical sciences. 2008;70(5):687doi:10.4103/0250-474X.45420.
25. Pramod K, Amar Deep A, Pooja K, Mahendra Singh A. Method Development and Validation for Multicomponent Analysis of Rosuvastatin Calcium and Losartan Potassium in Bulk Drug by RP-HPLC. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics.2020;10(5-s):76-84doi https://doi.org/10.22270/jddt.v10i5-s.4341