Bhakti Shah, Manisha Kotadiya, Zankhna Sheth, Ravi J. Bhatt
Bhakti Shah1, Manisha Kotadiya2*, Zankhna Sheth3, Ravi J. Bhatt4
1Department of Pharmaceutics, Shree Swaminarayan Sanskar Pharmacy College, GTU, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India.
2Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Shree Swaminarayan Sanskar Pharmacy College, GTU, Gujarat, Gandhinagar, India.
3Department of Pharmaceutics, Associate Professor, Sardar Patel College of Pharmacy, Bakrol, Anand , GTU, Gujarat, India.
4Department of Quality Assurance, B.Pharmacy College, Rampura, GTU, Gujarat, Gandhinagar, India.
Volume - 16,
Issue - 5,
Year - 2023
The oral route of drug administration is more common and convenient where tablets and capsules emerged as popular dosage form but many patients have dysphasia or difficulty in swallowing which is currently affecting 35% general population. Aprepitant is anti-emetic drug and used in the treatment of chemotherapy in cancer. Fast onset of action is required in this indication there for it was thought to prepare Oral Dispersible Tablet of Aprepitant which would help to avoid first pass metabolism and improve bioavailability also Aprepitant is insoluble in water so, to increase the solubility solid dispersion method (kneading method) was used. Here, Aprepitant ODT is prepared by direct compression method using Polyplasdone XL10 as superdisitegrant and optimized by 32 Full factorial design. Here, Polyplasdone XL10 (x1) and Mannitol(x2) is use as independent variable. while dependent variable are disintegration time and wetting time. Optimized formulation F8 batch showed drug content (98.41±0.91); disintegration time is (18.02±1.20) Wetting time (22.53±0.43). The formulation is stable at 40ºc/75% RH for 30days.
Cite this article:
Bhakti Shah, Manisha Kotadiya, Zankhna Sheth, Ravi J. Bhatt. Formulation and Characterization of Oral Dispersible Tablet of Aprepitant. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(5):2375-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00391
Bhakti Shah, Manisha Kotadiya, Zankhna Sheth, Ravi J. Bhatt. Formulation and Characterization of Oral Dispersible Tablet of Aprepitant. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(5):2375-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00391 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-16-5-50
1. Raval V. Deshmukh G. Seth A. Ghelani T. Kumar S. Patel H. Chauhan S. Formulation and Evaluation of Oro Dispersible Tablets of Famotidine Using Superdisintigrants Indo. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2011; (1):42-50.
2. Manasa L. Ramana G. Roy D. Formulation and Evaluation of Oral disintegrated tablets of Alfuzosin Hydrochloride Using Super- Disintigrants. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science. 2011; 01(09): 161-165.
3. Wagh M. Yewale C. Zate S. Kothawade P. Mahale G. Formulation and Evaluation of Fast Dispersible Tablets of Aceclofenac Using Different Superdisintegrant. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2010; 2(1):154-157.
4. Rane D. Gulve H. Patil V. Thakare V. Paatil V. Formulation and Evaluation of Fast Dissolving Tablet of Albendazole. International Current Pharmaceutical Journal. 2012; 1(10): 311-316. doi:10.3329/icpj.v1i10.11848
5. Sukhavasi S. Saikishore V. Formulation and Evaluation of Fast Dissolving Tablets of Amlodipine Besylate by Using Fenugreek Seed Mucilage and Ocimum basilicum Gum Fundamentals and Applications. International Current Pharmaceutical Journal. 2012; 1(9): 243-249. doi:10.3329/icpj.v1i9.11614
6. Gupta M. Patel V. Formulation and Evaluation Oral Dispersible Tablet of Cinnarizine. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics. 2013; 3(2): 12-17.
7. Singh S. Mishra D. Jassal R. Soni P. Fast Disintegrating Combination Tablets of Omeprazole and Domperidone. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. 2009; 2(4):74-82.
8. Arshady R. Microspheres and microcapsules: A survey of manufacturing techniques. Part 1: Suspension cross-linking Polymer Engineering and Science30. 1989; 29(24):1746-1758. https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.760292404
9. Jayadev P. Kadam. Formulation, Design and Evaluation of Orally Disintegrating Tablets of Lotardine Using Direct Compression Process. International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences. 2011; 2(2): 389-400.
10. Mahajan Y. Tekade B. Thakare V. Patil V. J S. Formulation and Evaluation of Orally Disintegrating Tablet of Ondansetron Hydrochloride. International Journal of Drug Delivery. 2012; 4(1): 9-19.
11. Sharma S. Sharma N. Gupta G. Formulation of Fast-Dissolving Tablets of Promethazine Theoclate. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2010; 9 (5): 489-497. doi:10.4314/tjpr.v9i5.61063
12. Jain D. Mishra A. A Review - Formulation and Development of Orodispersible Tablet” International. Journal of Pharmaceutical. Research. 2014; 4(1):21-38.
13. Goyal R.. Elementes of Pharmacology. B.S. Shah Prakashan Eighteenth Edition, Ahmedabad. 2009:484-486.
14. Rao C. Vidyadhara S. Chowdary YA. Dissolution Enhancement of Poorly Soluble Drug Aprepitant by Hot Melt Extrusion Method Using Hydrophilic Polymer: A Solid Dispersion Technique. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical. 2014; 5(3):1469-1485.
15. Bhavani D. Harinadha K. Reddy V. Sahoo V. Formulation and Evaluation of Nano Suspension of Aprepitant by Wet Milling Technique. International Journal of Advanced Pharmaceutics. 2013; 3(1):20-29.
16. Apripitant .2005.www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB00673
17. Kolhe S. Chaudhari P. More D. Formulation Development of Solid Dispersion Prepared by Newer Approach: A Research. Asian Journal. Pharmaceutical Research.2013; 3(4):172-180.
18. Umalkar D. Shinde G. Bangale G. K R. Murthy R. Design and Evaluation of Orodispersible Tablet of Aceclofenac Using Different Superdisintegrants by 23 Factorial Designs. Research Journalof Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2010; 2(2):198-203.
19. Ahad H. Chinthaginjala H. Rahamtulla S. Barji P. Shashanka C. Jangam P. A Comprehensive report on Solid Dispersions by Factorial Design. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2021; 14(4):297-301. https://doi.org/10.52711/0974-4150.2021.00051
20. Yadav P. Alexander A. Thapa H. Banjare T. Agrawal P. Bhandarkar A. Ajazuddin. Development of Lamotrigine Solid Dispersion for the Fo rmulation and Evaluation of Fast Dissolving Tablets. Research Journal. Pharmacy and Technology. 2018; 11(6): 2468- 2472. https://doi.org/10.5958/0974-360X.2018.00455.9
21. Nandare D. Mandlik S. Khiste S. Mohite Y. Formulation and Optimization of Mouth dissolving tablets of Olanzapine by using 32 Factorial Design. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2011; 4(8):1265-1268.
22. Choudhary H. Yadav B. Patel P. Pillai S. Formulation and Evaluation of Ramipril Fast Dissolving Tablet using Solid Dispersion. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2019; 12(8): 3764-3772. https://doi.org/10.5958/0974-360X.2019.00645.0
23. Mandlik S. Nandare D. Joshi M. Chudiwal P. Jain K. Statistical Optimization of Orodispersible Tablets Containing Telmisartan Using Factorial Design and Response Surface Methodology. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2009; 2(3): 548-551.
24. Shah R. Kondawar M. Shinde S. Shah N. Formulation and Evaluation of Spray-dried Combination Dispersible Powder Based on Selection of Excipients for Pulmonary Delivery: Comparison between Lactose and Mannitol Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2011; 4(10):1604-1614.
25. Patel C. Patel P. Sen D. Patel J. Enhancement of Solubility of Poorly Water-Soluble Drug (Allopurinol) Through Solid Dispersion. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2010; 2(2):156-163.
26. Sadul S. Gavaskar D. Kalaivan R. Development and Validation of Method for the Estimation of Aprepitant Form-II in Aprepitant Drug Substance (Mixture of Aprepitant Form-I and Form-II) by Powder X-Ray Diffractometer (PXRD. Research Journal of Pharmacy.and Technology. 2018; 11(6):2393-2397. https://doi.org/10.5958/0974-360X.2018.00442.0
27. Tripathi K.. Essential of Medical Pharmacology. Jay Pee Brothers Medical Publishers Ltd. 2003:601-607.
28. Singh S Baghel R. Yadav L. A review on solid dispersion. International Journal of Pharmacy and Life Sciences. 2011; 2(9):1078-1095.