A series of six - membered rings has been synthesized from Dapsone drug. In the first step examination Dapsone has been taken as initial material and treated with different aromatic aldehydes to prepare new Schiff bases compounds. then imine compounds react with (2-aminobenzoic acid and 2-mercaptobenzoic acid) to prepare Hydroqinazoline and Thiazinone derivatives. In the second step all these derivatives were tested against different bacteria (Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Staphylococcus aureus, Bacillus anthracis). The high efficacy results of these derivatives proved significantly greater than the efficacy of the same Dapsone drug. These compounds were identified and confirmed by FT- IR, 1HNMR and 13C-NMR.
Cite this article:
Nadia Sadiq Majeed, Fatima Naeem Abdul-Hussein. Synthesis, Characterization and Studying of Biological Activity of some new Six–membered Compounds derived from Schiff bases. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(5):2280-6. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00374
Nadia Sadiq Majeed, Fatima Naeem Abdul-Hussein. Synthesis, Characterization and Studying of Biological Activity of some new Six–membered Compounds derived from Schiff bases. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(5):2280-6. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00374 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-16-5-33
1. Sherin A. Hameed, Joyamma Varkey, P. Jayasekhar. Schiff bases and Bicyclic derivatives comprising 1, 3, 4-thiadiazole moiety- A Review on their Pharmacological activities. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2019; 9(4):299-306.
2. Kavitha P.N., S. Mohan, J. Saravanan, Subhajit Dutta. Microwave Assisted Synthesis, Characterization and Antimicrobial Activity of Some Schiff Bases of 2- Amino (4- Chloro Phenyl) Thiazoles. Asian J. Research Chem. 3(3): July- Sept. 2010; Page 751-754.
3. Pharmacopeia, British. The Requirements of the 5th Ed. of the European Pharmacopoeia, 2005.
4. Tomas L. Principles of Medical Chemistry, pp. 11212- 11217. 2008
5. Huang S, Pan Y, Wu A and Zhu Y. Solid-Phase synthesis of bicyclic dipeptide mimetics by intramolecular cyclization of alcohols, thiols, amines, and amides with N-acyliminium intermediates. Organic letters. 2005; 7(17): 3601-3604
6. Simerpreet AG. and Cannoo SD. Synthesis and biological evaluation of 1, 3-thiazines- a review. Pharmacophore. 2013; 4(3): 70-88.
7. El-taweel FM and Elnagdi MH. Synthesis of new coumarin-3-yl azoles, coumarin-3-yl azines, coumarin-3-yl azoloazines, coumarin-3-yl pyrone and coumarin-2-yl benzo [b] furans. Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry. 2001 ; 38(4): 981-984.
8. LiX MU, Goodwin M, Knox J, Lipinski C, Keller T, Barry C and Dowd C. Synthesis and antitubercular activity of 7-(R)-and7-(S)-methyl-2-nitro-6-(S)-(4-(trifluoromethoxy)benzyloxy)-6,7-dihydro-5H-imidazo[2,1-b][1,3]oxazines. Bioorganic And Medicinal Chemistry Letters. 2008; 18(7): 2256–2262.
9. Essam MS and Nagwa M. Synthesis and antimicrobial evaluation of some pyrazole. Molecules. 2012; 17: 4962-4971..
10. Kumar S, Hager E, Catherine P, Gurulingappa H, Davidson N and Khan S. Design, synthesis and evaluation of novel boronic-chalcone derivatives as antitumor agents. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2003, 46(14): 2813-2815.
11. Ekhlass N. Synthesis (in vitro) antitumor and antimicrobial activity of some pyrazoline, pyridine and pyrimidine derivatives linked to indole moiety. Journal of American Science. 2010; 6(8): 338-347.
12. Srikanth J., Sandeep T., Divya K. and Govindarajan R. Screening of in-vitro antiinflammatory activity of some newly synthesized 1, 3-thiazine derivatives. International Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Chemistry. 2013; 3(2): 213-220.
13. Mosaad, SM. Mohamed KI., Alafify AM., Abdel-Hamide SG. and Mostafa AM. Synthesis and anti-inflammatory evaluation of some new quinazoline derivatives. International Journal of Pharmacology. 2005;1(3):261-266.
14. Gharib A., Vojdanifard L., Noroozi PN., Hashemi Pour Khorasani, BR., Jahangir M. and Roshani M. Catalytic synthesis of bis-2,3-dihydroquinazolin-4(1H)-ones and 2,3- dihydroquinazolin-4(1H)-ones derivatives with the aid of silica-supported preyssler nanoparticles (SPNP). Bulgarian Chemical Communications. 2014; 46(4):667-679.
15. Al-Majidi SMH. Isatin LH. Synthesis, Identification and evaluation of antibacterial activity of some new substituted N-benzyl-5-Bromo Isatin. Journal of Zankoi Sulaimani, 2015; 17(1): 49-59. D.OI: https://doi.org/10.17656/18124100
16. Majeed NS. Mohsen HF. Aldujaili RA. Synthesis, characterization and biological activity of some new heterocyclic compounds derived from 4- aminoacetophenone. Biochem. Cell. Arch.2018; 18 (S1): 1107-1116.
17. Navneet K, Prasad AV and Pratima SH. Synthesis and antibacterial evaluation of some new schiff bases. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review Research. 2013; 23(2): 231-236.
18. Tomma, JH. Synthesis and characterization of novel schiff base containing iso oxazoline or pyrazoline unit. Ibn-Al-Haitham Journal for Pure and Applied Science. 2011; 24(2): 73-80.
19. Jafar NN, Majeed NS. Microwave assisted synthesis of amide derivatives of the drug ciprofloxacin and screening the biological properties. International Journal of ChemTech Research. 2016; 9(7): 387-395. DOI: 10.17350/HJSE19030000204.
20. Jafar NN, Majeed NS. Microwave-assisted synthesis and biological activity of ester, carbothioate and carbohydrazide derivative compounds of the drug Ciprofloxacin. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences.2017; 10(1):515-521 .