Drug design, commonly known as rational drug design, is the novel process to develop new medications based on existing knowledge of the required biological target. The term drug design can be misleading by taking its literal meaning. It is a design of a small molecule that will bind tightly to its target. This present work on the anti-oxidant activity of rutin by inhibiting the normal functioning of lambda-class GSTLs of specific xenobiotic inducible GSTLs, TaGSTL1 has been observed that it firmly bind the rutin. The pharmacophore pattern and 2D- and 3D- descriptors of rutin were derived and analyzed to determine the structural features that govern the anti-oxidant activity. The Physico-chemical parameters of rutin were also studied and presented in this article.
Cite this article:
K. Soujanya, C. Chandra Shekar. Studying the Inhibition Activity of Rutin on Xenobiotic Inducible Lambda-Class Glutathione Transferases (GSTLs) along with its 2d- and 3d Pharmacophore Pattern. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(4):1940-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00318
K. Soujanya, C. Chandra Shekar. Studying the Inhibition Activity of Rutin on Xenobiotic Inducible Lambda-Class Glutathione Transferases (GSTLs) along with its 2d- and 3d Pharmacophore Pattern. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(4):1940-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00318 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-16-4-67
1. Kadam S. S. QSAR, Molecular Docking and Toxicology Profile of Synthesized Derivatives of 1, 3, 4-Thidiazole-2-Amine. Curr. Pharm. Res. 2019; 9(2): 2743-2751.
2. Yuichi Matsuzaki Yuya Yoshimoto Sadayuki Arimori So Kiguchi Toshiyuki Harada Fukumatsu Iwahashi Discovery of metyl tetraprole: Identification of tetrazolinone pharmacophore to overcome QoI resistance Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry.2020; DOI: 10.1016/j.bmc.2019.115211
3. V. S. Kawade S. S. Kumbhar P. B. Choudhari M. S. Bhatia 3D QSAR and Pharmacophore Modelling of some Pyrimidine Analogs as CDK4 Inhibitors. Asian J. Research Chem 2015; 8(4): 231-235. DOI: 10.5958/0974-4150.2015.00040.1
4. Hanine Hadni Menana Elhallaoui Molecular docking and QSAR studies for modeling the antimalarial activity of hybrids 4-anilinoquinoline-triazines derivatives with the wild-type and mutant receptor pf-DHFR Heliyon. 2019; 5(8): https://doi.org/10.1016/j.heliyon.2019.e02357
5. Garima Verma Mohemmed Faraz Khan Wasim Akhtar Mohammad Mumtaz Alam Mymoona Akhter Ozair Alam Syed Misbahul Hasan Mohammad Shaquiquzzaman Pharmacophore modeling, 3D-QSAR, docking and ADME prediction of quinazoline based EGFR inhibitors. Arabian Journal of Chemistry. 2019; 12(8): 4815–4839 : https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arabjc.2016.09.019
6. Devi Violina Bhupen Kalita Simultaneous UV Spectrophotometric Estimation and Validation of Rutin and resveratrol in combined dosage form by Iso absorptive point method. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2018; 8(3): 147-152: DOI: 10.5958/2231-5675.2018.00027.3
7. Yoon. Y.K, Ali. M.A Wei. A.C Choon. T.S, Khaw. K.Y, Murugaiyah. V Osman. H Masand. V.H. Synthesis, characterization and molecular docking analysis of novel benzimidazole derivatives as cholinesterase inhibitors, Bio org Chem, 2013;49:33-9. doi: 10.1016/j.bioorg.2013.06.008.
8. Yeong Keng Yoona Mohamed Ashraf Ali Ang Chee Wei Tan Soo Choon Kooi-Yeong Khaw Vinkneswaran Murugaiyah, Hasnah Osman Masand,V.H. Synthesis, characterization and molecular docking analysis of novel benzimidazole derivatives as cholinesterase inhibitors, Bio Organic Chemistry. 2013;49: doi: 10.1016/j.bioorg.2013.06.008.
9. Rastija .V Nikolic. S Masand. V.H. Quantitative relationships between structure andlipophilicity of naturally accuring polyphenols, Acta Chim. Slov. 2013; 60(04): 781-789.
10. Manohar D. Kengar Rohit S. Howal Dattatray B. Aundhakar Amit V. Nikam Priyajit S. Hasabe. Physico-chemical Properties of Solid Drugs: A Review. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2019; 9 (1):53-59; DOI: 10.5958/2231-5713.2019.00010.2
11. Pavel Polishchuk Alina Kutlushina Dayana Bashirova Olena Mokshyna and Timur Madzhidov. Virtual Screening Using Pharmacophore Models Retrieved from Molecular Dynamic Simulations Int. J. Mol. Sci. 2019; 20(23): DOI: 10.3390/ijms20235834
12. Mahajan. D.T. Masand Patil. K.N Hadda T.B,Rstija.V, Integrated GUSAR and QSAR analysis for antimalarial activity of synthetic prodiginines against multi drug resistant strain, Med. Chem. Res,. 2013;22(5): 2284-2292: DOI 10.1007/s00044-012-0223-7
13. Yashpal S Kori Bhumika Yogi Sujeet Gupta Antihaemorrhoid Activity of Isolated and Semi – Synthesized Rutin Derivative from Euphorbia hirta Linn. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2020; 13(3):1333-1338. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00246.2
14. Yue Dong Min Liu Jian Wang Zhuang Dinga Bin Sun Construction of antifungal dual-target (SE, CYP51) pharmacophore models and the discovery of novel antifungal inhibitors RSC Adv. 2019; 9(45): https://doi.org/10.1039/C9RA03713F
15. V. Masand D. T. Mahajan K. N. Patil K. D. Chinchkhede R. Jawarkar T. Hadda Ahmed A. Alafeefy I. G. Shibi, quantum mechanical and field similarity based analysis of xanthose derivatives as α- glucosidase inhibitors, Med. Chem Res. 2012;21: 4523-4534: DOI:10.1007/s00044-012-9995-z
16. Muhammad Arba Jasriati Jasriati. Structure-based Pharmacophore Modelling for identifying VEGFR2 Inhibitor. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(7): 3129-3134: DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00553.3
17. Abdullatif Bin Muhsinah Abdulrhman Alsayari Kamal Yoonus Thajudeen Yahya I Asiri Mahadevan Nanjaian. Simultaneous estimation of Rutin and Quercetin in Bidens pilosa, Convolvulus arvensis and Neuradap rocumbens by RP-HPLC. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(7): 3305-3310: DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00586.7
18. Chavan.. Bandgar. H.V, B.P, Adsul L.K., Dhakane. V.D.,Bhale. P.S,Thakare. V.N.,Masand., Design,synthesis,characterization and anti-inflammatory evaluation of novel pyrazole amalgamated flavones, Bioorg.Med.Chem.Lett. 2013; 23(3): 1315-1321: DOI: 10.1016/j.bmcl.2012.10.031
19. K.V.V.S. Krishna K. Gouri Sankar M. Syam Vardhan S. Rama Krishna T. Tamizhmani. Simultaneous estimation of Gallic acid and rutin in Kaishore guggulu and Vatari guggulu by HPTLC. Res. J. Pharmacognosy and Phytochem. 2018; 10(3): 221-225: DOI: 10.5958/0975-4385.2018.00036.5
20. JianGao Baowei Chen Haijian Lin Yi Liu Yao Wei Fabo Chena WenboLia. Identification and characterization of the glutathione S-Transferase (GST) family in radish reveals a likely role in anthocyanin biosynthesis and heavy metal stress tolerance. Gene.2020; 743(15): DOI: 10.1016/j.gene.2020.144484
21. Preeti Tiwari Rakesh K. Patel. Quantification of Quercetin and Rutin in Arjunarishta Prepared by Traditional and Modern Methods by Validated HPTLC Densitometry. Asian J. Research Chem. 2011; 4(6): 1019-1024.
22. Shivayogi S. Narasagoudr, Veena G. Hegde, Ravindra B. Chougale, Saraswati P. Masti, Shyamkumar Vootla, Ravindra B. Malabadi. Physico-chemical and functional properties of rutin induced chitosan/poly (vinyl alcohol) bioactive films for food packaging applications. Food Hydrocolloids. 2020; 109: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodhyd.2020.106096
23. Ramachandran Dittakavi Kranthi Raj Kodamala Soujanya Kaki PardhasaradhiMathi., In Vitro Antibacterial and In Silico Evaluation of Indole based Molecules as Staphylococcus Aureus Sortase A Inhibitors. Res. J. Chem. Environ. 2018; 22 (6).
24. Shrestha Sharma, Syed Arman Rabbani, Jasjeet K Narang, Faheem Hyder Pottoo, Javed Ali, Shobhit Kumar, Sanjula Baboota. Role of Rutin Nanoemulsion in Ameliorating Oxidative Stress: Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamics Studies. Chemistry and Physics of Lipids. 2020;22: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemphyslip.2020.104890
25. Praveen Patidar, Sameer Singh, Darshan Dubey, Kamlesh Dashora. Estimation of Rutin in Tephrosia purpurea by HPTLC Method. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2013; 6(1): 58-60.
26. Opo, F.A.D.M., Rahman, M.M., Ahammad, F. et al Structure based pharmacophore modeling, virtual screening, molecular docking and ADMET approaches for identification of natural anti-cancer agents targeting XIAP protein. Science Report. 2021;11: https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-021-83626-x
27. K.Vijaya Sri, Guda Santhoshini, D. Ravi Sankar, K.Niharika. Formulation and Evaluation of Rutin Loaded Nanosponges. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2018; 8(1):21-24: DOI: 10.5958/2231-5659.2018.00005.X
28. David P. Dixon, Patrick G. Steel and Robert Edwards. Roles for gluthathionetransferases in antioxidant recycling, Plant Signaling and Behavior. 2011; 6(8): 1223-1227: DOI:10.4161/psb.6.8.16253
29. Mohan. A ,Kirubakaran. R, Parray. J.A , Sivakumar. R, Murugesh. E , Govarthanan. M., Ligand-based pharmacophore filtering, atom based 3D-QSAR, virtual screening and ADME studies for the discovery of potential ck2 inhibitors. Journal of Molecular Structure. 2020; 1205(10): DOI:10.1016/j.molstruc.2019.127670
30. Ramasamy Arivukkarasu, Aiyalu Rajasekaran, Syed haffan bin hussain, Mohammed Ajnas. Simultaneous detection of Rutin, Quercetin, Gallic acid, Caffeic acid, Ferulic acid, Coumarin, Mangiferin and Catechin in Hepatoprotective commercial herbal formulations by HPTLC technique. Res. J. Pharmacognosy and Phytochem. 2018; 10(1): 59-62: http://dx.doi.org/10.5958/0975-4385.2018.00009.2
31. David Schaller, Dora Šribar, Theresa Noonan, Lihua Deng, Trung Ngoc Nguyen, Szymon Pach, David Machalz, Marcel Bermudez, Gerhard Wolber. Next generation 3D pharmacophore modeling. WIREs Comput Mol Sci. 2020;10(4): https://doi.org/10.1002/wcms.1468.
32. Shiv Kumar Patel, Moumita Sinha, Mitashree Mitra. Glutathione-S-transferase M1 and T1 gene Polymorphism as Risk Factors of Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma: A Preliminary Investigation. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2012;5(7): 918-920.