Shubhangi Sutar, Puja Patil, Diptee Marchande, Sachinkumar Patil, Sandip Bandgar, Ravindra Kumbhar
Shubhangi Sutar1*, Puja Patil1, Diptee Marchande1, Sachinkumar Patil1, Sandip Bandgar1, Ravindra Kumbhar2
1Ashokrao Mane College of Pharmacy, Peth – Vadgaon.
2New College of Pharmacy, Kolhapur.
Volume - 16,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2023
Purpose: This study aims to develop and validate a RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of deferiprone and its synthesized impurity. Method: Structure of impurity was confirmed by spectral analysis while their purity was confirmed by HPLC analysis. The chromatographic separation was achieved on Agilent Zorbax Bonus-RP (250 x 4.6mm, 5µ) using mobile phase of 20 ACN-80 0.1% TFA. Detection was carried out at 280 nm using PDA detector with flow rate of 1 ml/min and temperature of 30?. Result: The method was validated as per ICH guidelines. The percent recovery was found to be within limit and %RSD for deferiprone and the impurity was found to be 0.09 and 0.48. The standard curve was linear over the concentration range of 60-140µg/ml and shows correlation coefficient (r2) of 1. The LOD and LOQ values for deferiprone were found to be 0.21µg/ml and 0.62µg/ml respectively. The method was found to be robust even by change in flow rate of ±0.2ml/min. Conclusion: Validation studies demonstrated that the proposed HPLC method is specific, reliable, rapid and reproducible. The developed method can be successfully employed for routine analysis for deferiprone in pharmaceutical dosage form.
Cite this article:
Shubhangi Sutar, Puja Patil, Diptee Marchande, Sachinkumar Patil, Sandip Bandgar, Ravindra Kumbhar. RP-HPLC Method Development for Simultaneous Estimation of Oral Iron Chelator Deferiprone and its related Impurity. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(4):1890-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00310
Shubhangi Sutar, Puja Patil, Diptee Marchande, Sachinkumar Patil, Sandip Bandgar, Ravindra Kumbhar. RP-HPLC Method Development for Simultaneous Estimation of Oral Iron Chelator Deferiprone and its related Impurity. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(4):1890-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00310 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-16-4-59
1. Sharma S, Goyal S, Chauhan K. A review on analytical method development and validation. Int J Appl Pharm. 2018; 10(6): 8-15.
2. Shefali Patel, Madhavi Apte. A Review on Significances of Impurity Profiling A Review on Significances of Impurity Profiling. Res. J. Pharm. Dosage Form. and Tech. 8(1): Jan.-Mar. 2016; Page 31-36.
3. Kathirvel S., Satyanarayana S.V., Devalarao G. A Validated Method for Development of Darifenacin Hydrobromide asActive Pharmaceutical Ingredient and Tablet Dosage form by UV- Spectroscopy. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 4(7): July 2011; Page 1115-1117.
4. Dhara Vashi, Suresh Kumar. Impurity Identification and Characterization of some Anti-Diabetic Drugs using various Analytical Methods. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2019; 9(4):243-248.
5. Prabhu Venkatesh Moodbidri, Varadaraji Dhayanithi, Ganesh Belavadi Manjunathashastry, Hari Narayan Pati, Pardhasaradhi Vasireddy. A New Simultaneous Determination of Rosuvastatin Calcium and its Lactone Impurity by Reverse Phase HPLC method. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 5(4): 2015; 175-182.
6. Sood S, Bala R, Method development and validation using HPLC technique - a review. J Drug Discovery Ther. 2014; 2(19):23-9.
7. O.S.S. Chandana, R. Ravichandra Babu. Stability Indicating HPLC Method Development and Validation for Thalidomide and its Impurity Determination. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2016; 6(2): 115-118
8. Kamal AH, El-Malla SF, Hammad SF. A review on UV spectrophotometric methods for simultaneous multicomponent analysis. Eur J Pharm Med Res. 2016; 3(2):348-60.
9. B. Thangabalan, M. Salomi, N. Sunitha, S. Manohar Babu. Development of validated RP-HPLC method for the estimation of Itraconazole in pure and pharmaceutical dosage form. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 3(4): Oct. - Dec. 2013; Page 119-123
10. Mansi H. Patel, Divya M. Jadav, Mitali Dalwadi, Ritika Gajre, Chainesh Shah, U. M. Upadhyay. Development of “Impurities Profiling” by using Morden Analytical Techniques: A Review. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2021; 13(4):329-4.
11. Dipak Nalawade, R. K. Godge, S. D. Magar. Analytical Method Development and Validation of Ritonavir: A Review. Research J. Science and Tech. 2020; 12(2): 157-162.
12. Kalpana Vasanthan, R Vijayageetha, A Shantha Arcot. Method Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for Estimation of Nateglinide in Bulk Drug and Pharmaceutical Formulation. Research J. Pharm. and Tech.3 (3): July-Sept. 2010; Page 804-806.
13. Nachiket S. Dighe, Ganesh S. Shinde, Jyoti. J. Vikhe. Simultaneous Estimation, Validation and Force Degradation Study of Metformin Hydrochloride and Empagliflozin by RP-HPLC Method. Research J. Science and Tech. 2019; 11(2):135-147.
14. Manzoor A, Jangade VK, Satishkumar SA, Vijaya Krishna CA, Anil Kumar SM. Development and validation of first order derivative spectrophotometric method for the estimation of deferiprone in bulk and capsule dosage form. Int J Univers Pharm Bio Sci. 2015; 4(3):169-76.