K. Alekhya, K. S. Nataraj, A. K. M. Pawar, Vaheeda
firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
K. Alekhya, K. S. Nataraj*, A. K. M. Pawar, Vaheeda
Shri Vishnu College of Pharmacy, Vishnupur, Bhimavaram - 534202 West Godavari District. AU College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam – 530017.
Volume - 16,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2023
The current work aims to create a simple, fast, clear and accurate chromatography-tandem mass spectrophotometric (UPLC-MS/MS). 50µl ISTD (250ng/ml concentration) and 250µl of 5mM ammonium formate buffer (pH - 2.5) were put into the samples just before liquid-liquid extraction (LLE) using 2.5ml of tertiary butyl methyl ether (TBME). Chromatographic fraction was done using Hypersil gold column (50 mmX4.65mm, 5µ) with use of 5mM ammonium formate buffer (pH - 2.5) and acetone in 20: 80 v/v (mobile phase). The rate of flow was around 0.50ml/min. Pomalidomide and Celecoxib were ionized into ions with polarity (positive) and were recognized using MRM. Quantitation was made by transitions m/z 274.43 precursor ion to m/z 201.15 for drug Pomalidomide and m/z 382.12 precursor ion to m/z 362.0 of celecoxib. The concentrations of eight standards exhibited linearity between 1.9900 to 199.8380ng/ml (r2 = 0.9968). Separation of chromatogram was obtained in two minutes. The recovery values in an average for three QC’s was 51.49% of Pomalidomide which was in concordance with acceptance. The Coefficient of variation was =15% in intra and inter batch assay values. The %CV ruggedness ranges from 1.26 - 2.25. Short and long term stability percentages of stock solutions were found acceptable like 99.76 and 98.69. Results show that all the validation parameters were in acceptable limits.
Cite this article:
K. Alekhya, K. S. Nataraj, A. K. M. Pawar, Vaheeda. Quantifying Pomalidomide in Human Plasma Employing UPLC-MS/MS. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(4):1806-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00296
K. Alekhya, K. S. Nataraj, A. K. M. Pawar, Vaheeda. Quantifying Pomalidomide in Human Plasma Employing UPLC-MS/MS. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(4):1806-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00296 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-16-4-44
1. Pramod K., Amar Deep A., Pooja K., Mahendra Singh A. An Overview: LC-MS as Tool of sample Extraction and Quantification in Bioanalytical Laboratories. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2020; 10(3):165-172.
2. Seema R. Nikam, Amol S. Jagdale, Sahebrao S. Boraste, Shrikant B. Patil. Bioanalysis - Method Development, Validation, Sample Preparation, its Detection Techniques and its Application. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2021; 11(4):297-5.
3. Prashant B. Patil. Azilsartan: A Review of Analytical Methods for estimation in Pharmaceutical Formulation. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2018; 8(4): 227-232.
4. Shivani Sharma, Navdeep Singh, Amar Deep Ankalgi, Arti Rana, Mahendra Singh Ashawat. A Laconic Review on Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS) Based Proteomics Technology in Drug Discovery. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2021; 11(3):194-1.
5. Mitesh D Phale, Dipti Korgaonkar. Current Advance Analytical Techniques: A Review. Asian J. Research Chem. 2(3): July-Sept. 2009 page 235-238.
6. R. P. Bhole, S. R. Jagtap, K. B. Chadar, Y. B. Zambare. Review on Hyphenation in HPTLC-MS. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2020; 13(2):1028-1034.
7. Kailash Chander Malik, Manoj Karwa, Gaurav K. Jain, Rohit Dutt. Development and Validation of UPLC-MS/MS Method for the determination of Rivaroxaban in human plasma using Liquid-liquid extraction. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(6):3239-3.
8. Prathyusha Vikram, Palani Shanmugasundaram. Determination of Riluzole in Human Plasma by Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography – Tandem Mass Spectrometry (UPLC – MS/MS) and its Application to a Pharmacokinetic Study. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2017; 10(1): 193-199.
9. Henny Rochaeny, Candra Irawan, Ismail Dwi Saputro, Lintannisa Rahmatia, Nilna Izzatul Mawaddah. Development and Validation of an Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry method with Liquid-Liquid Extraction for The Quantification of Sitagliptin in Human plasma using Nebivolol as Internal Standard. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(1):89-6.
10. Nirmal Thakker, Gajanan Shinde, Abhay Dharamsi, Vishnu Choudhari, Sarita Pawar. Development and Validation of Bioanalytical Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Olmesartan medoximil and Metoprolol succinate by UHPLC-MS/MS in human plasma. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(7):2909-6.
11. Sambasiva Rao Puram, G Nithya. Sensitive method for the Determination of Colchicine in human plasma by gradient UPLC-ESI-MS/MS: separation of endogenous Interference. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(7): 3274-3278.
12. Iqbal M, Ezzeldin E, Al-Rashood KA, Shakeel F. A validated UPLC-MS/MS assay using negative ionization mode for high-throughput determination of pomalidomide in rat plasma. J Chromatogr B Anal Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2015;983-984:76-82. doi:10.1016/j.jchromb.2014.12.036
13. Vasanth DA, Rajkamal B. A UPLC-MS/MS method development and validation for the estimation of pomalidomide from human plasma. Int J Appl Pharm. 2017;9(1):37-43. doi:10.22159/ijap.2017v9i1.15653
14. Jiang Y, Wang J, Rozewski DM, et al. Sensitive liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry methods for quantification of pomalidomide in mouse plasma and brain tissue. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2014;88:262-268. doi:10.1016/j.jpba.2013.08.036
15. Lu P, Wang L, Song M, Hang T jun. Identification and characterization of related substances in pomalidomide by hyphenated LC-MS techniques. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2015;114:159-167. doi:10.1016/j.jpba.2015.05.018
16. Neşetoğlu N, Kaplan C, Aslan SS, Ünal DÖ. A simple and rapid LC-MS/MS method for therapeutic drug monitoring of lenalidomide. Pakistan J Anal Environ Chem. 2020;21(1):19-26. doi:10.21743/pjaec/2020.06.03
17. Shu C, Li TF, Li D, Li ZQ, Xia XH. A sensitive and validated LC-MS/MS method for high-throughput determination of pomalidomide in human plasma and pharmacokinetic studies. Chinese Chem Lett. 2021;7-10. doi:10.1016/j.cclet.2021.07.009
18. Meiler SE, Wade M, Kutlar F, et al. Pomalidomide augments fetal hemoglobin production without the myelosuppressive effects of hydroxyurea in transgenic sickle cell mice. Blood. 2011;118(4):1109-1112. doi:10.1182/blood-2010-11-319137
19. Aydoğmuş Z, Yılmaz EM, Yildiz G. A simple and rapid spectrofluorometric determination of pomalidomide in spiked plasma and urine. Application to degradation studies. Luminescence. 2020;35(4):466-477. doi:10.1002/bio.3748.