Gupta S. K., Sachan N., Chandra P., Sharma A. K.
Gupta S. K.1,2*, Sachan N.2, Chandra P.2, Sharma A. K.3
1Devsthali Vidhyapeeth College of Pharmacy Kachhi Khamaria, Lalpur, Rudrapur, U. S. Nagar, Uttrakhand, India.
2School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, IFTM University, NH-24, Lodhipur, Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh, India.
3Pharmacy Academy, IFTM University, NH-24, Lodhipur, Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh, India.
Volume - 16,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2023
The current work reflects a simple, robustic, accurate, precise, rapid and stable RP-HPLC method and validates it for quantifying Dacarbazine in API and its parenteral preparation. it is based on identification of drug in reversed phase mode using HPLC. The mobile phase consist of mixture of 960ml of 0.5% v/v glacial acetic acid, added with 0.94g of n-hexane sulphonic acid sodium salt monohydrated and 40 ml of methanol. The drug was detected at 329nm wavelength. The method was later validated as per guidelines proposed by ICH. The drug was exposed to variable stressed conditions and was analyzed by proposed method. The chromatogram reflects no inference from degradative product, excipients or impurities. However, drug under various stress degradation conditions reflects that it is highly susceptible to oxidative condition as 21.89% of drug was degraded. In acidic and alkaline conditions, the drug was degraded by 14.96% and 11.31% respectively, while thermal and photolytic condition causes least degradation, i.e. 1.08% and 1.15% respectively. The proposed method was found to be accurate, reproducible and linear. Thus can be applicable for the quantitative estimation of Dacarbazine and can be successfully applied in the quality control of API and its parenteral preparation.
Cite this article:
Gupta S. K., Sachan N., Chandra P., Sharma A. K.. A Facile RP-HPLC Strategy for Sensitive Detection and Stability Study of Dacarbazine in API and in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(4):1674-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00274
Gupta S. K., Sachan N., Chandra P., Sharma A. K.. A Facile RP-HPLC Strategy for Sensitive Detection and Stability Study of Dacarbazine in API and in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(4):1674-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00274 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-16-4-22
1. Sun M, Nie S, Pan X, Zhang R, Fan Z, Wang S. Quercetin-nanostructured lipid carriers: characteristics and anti-breast cancer activities in vitro. Colloid Surf B Biointerface. 2014; 113: 15–24.
2. Quirin C, Mainka A, Hesse A, Nettelbeck DM. Combining adenoviral oncolysis with temozolomide improves cell killing of melanoma cells, Int J Cancer, 2007; 121: 2801–2807.
3. Eigentler TK, Caroli UM, Radny P, Garbe C. Palliative therapy of disseminated malignant melanoma: a systematic review of 41 randomised clinical trials, Lancet Oncol, 2003; 4(12): 748–759.
4. Jerant AF, Johnson JT, Sheridan CD, Caffrey TJ. Early detection and treatment of skin cancer, Am Fam Phys, 2000; 62(2): 357–368.
5. Almousallam M, Moia C, Zhu H. Development of nanostructured lipid carrier for Dacarbazine delivery, Int Nano Lett, 2015; 5: 241–248. DOI:10.1007/s40089-015-0161-8.
6. Safgren LS, Reid MJ, Rios R, Ames MM. Validated high-performance liquid chromatographic assay for simultaneous determination of dacarbazine and the plasma metabolites 5-(3-hydroxymethyl-3-methyl-1-triazeno) imidazole-4- carboxamide and 5-(3-methyl-1-triazeno) imidazole-4-carboxamide, J of Chromatography B, 2001; 754: 91–96.
7. Malik MZ, Ahmad M, Muahammad S. Rapid And Simultaneous Determination Of Adriamycin, Bleomycin, Vinblastine And Dacarbazine In Plasma Of Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Patients By A Reversed Phase HPLC Method, J Chil Chem Soc 2013; 58(2): 1674-1677. DOI: 10.4067/S0717-97072013000200006.
8. Prasanth MLL, Siddiraju S. Stability indicating HPLC method for the determination of Dacarbazine in pharmaceutical dosage form, Int J Pharm 2014; 4(3): 5-12.
9. Yanhong L, Weihua Z, Yuhui Y. Validated hydrophilic interaction LC–MS/MS method for simultaneous quantification of dacarbazine and 5-amino-4-imidazole-carboxamide in human plasma, Talanta, 2008; 77: 412-421.
10. Haque A, Stewart JT. Isocratic determination of Dacarbazine and related impurities 2-azahypoxanthine and 5-amino-imidazole-4-carboxamide by HPLC on an avidin protein column, J Liq Chromatogr Rel Tech 1999; 22(6): 933-943.
11. Gordon IK, Hays K, Kayode O, Kumar AR, Kaplan HG, Reid JM, Safgern SL, Ames MM, Easterling TR, Hebert MF. Pharmacokinetics of Dacarbazine (DTIC) in pregnancy Cancer, Chemother Pharmaccol, 2018; 81(3): 455-460. DOI: 10.1007/s00280-017-3511-6.
12. Chao-yu H, Mei-ming C, Xia-lei F. HPLC-MS/MS determination of related substance of Dacarbazine, Chinese J Pharm Ana 2010; 05: 879-882.
13. Hafeez A, Kazmi I. Dacarbazine nanoparticle topical delivery system for the treatment of melanoma, Sci Rep, 2017; 7: 16517. doi.org/10.1038/s41598-017-16878-1
14. Bahrpeyma S, Hemmateenejad B, Javidnia K. Photo-degradation study of dacarbazine by spectrophotometric–chemometrics and HPLC methods, J Iran Chem Soc 2013; 13(2): 221–229.
15. Gupta SK, Sachan N, Chandra P, Sharma AK. Application of RP-HPLC method for stability study and quantifying decitabine in bulk drug and in pharmaceutical dosage form. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2020;12(4): 261-267. doi.org/10.31838/ijpr/2020.12.04.064
16. Gupta A, Rawat S, Gandhi M, Yadav JS. Method Development and Acid Degradation Study of Doxofylline by RP-HPLC and LC-MS/MS. Asian J. Pharm. Ana., 2011; 1(1): 10-13.
17. Pinaz A K, Muralikrishna KS. Method Development and Acid Degradation Study of Rivaroxaban by RP-HPLC in bulk. Asian J. Pharm. Ana., 2013; 3(2): 62-65.
18. Kumar CN, Kannappan N. Development and validation of Bioanalytical Method for Quantification of phenytoin in rat brain tissues as per ICH guidelines. Asian J. Pharm. Ana, 2014; 4(4): 147-150.
19. Patel NK, Koradia SK. Development and Validation of stability indicating RP-HPLC method for the simultaneous estimation of Beclomethasone dipropionate and Formoterol fumarate in their combined pharmaceutical dosage form. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2016; 6(2): 83-90.
20. Patil SD, Amurutkar SV, Upasani CD. Development and Validation of Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method for Empagliflozin. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2016; 6(4): 201-206.
21. Kirthi A, Shanmugam R, Lakshmi SM, Kumar ACK, Padmini K, Prathyusha MS, Shilpa V. Analytical Method Development and Validation of a Stability-indicating RP-HPLC Method for the Analysis of Danazol in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2016; 6(4): 227-234.
22. Bhavya B, Nagaraju P, Mounika V, Priyadarshini GI. Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation for Simultaneous Estimation of Albendazole and Ivermectin in Pharmaceutical Dosage form. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2017; 7(1): 6-14.
23. Patil SD, Varpe P, Chaure S, Kshirsagar S. Comparison Study of Conventional and Microwave Assisted Force Degradation by RP-HPLC Method of Pharmaceutical Drug and Dosage form. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2017; 7(4): 218-224.
24. Gupta SK,, Sachan N, Chandra P, Sharma AK. A Robustustic Eco-Friendly Analytical Method to Quantify Topotecan in Pharmaceuticals by RP-HPLC, Research J. Pharm and Tech, 2020; 13(9): 1-4.
25. Gupta SK, Kumar B, Sharma PK. Development and Validation of a RP-HPLC method for estimation of Thalidomide in solid dosage form, Asian J Pharm Ana, 2013; 3(1): 17-19.
26. Gupta SK, Kumar B, Sharma PK. Study on Taste Masking of Ranitidine HCl Using Ion Exchange Resin, Asian J Pharm Tech, 2013; 3(2): 60-62.
27. Gupta SK, Kumar B, Sharma PK. Development and validation of a Spectrophometric method for estimation of Triamcinolone in solid dosage form, Asian J Pharm Ana, 2013; 3(2): 42-43.
28. ICH. Proceedings of the International Conference on Harmonisation of Technical Requirement of Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use (ICH Harmonised Tripartite Guidelines). Validation of Analytical Procedures: Methodology, Q2B; 1996. Geneva, Switzerland.
29. International Conference on Harmonisation (ICH) of Technical requirements for the Registration of Pharmaceutical for Human Use, Validation of analytical methods: definition and terminology, ICHQ2 R1, USA, 1994.
30. ICH, Geneva 1999. Specification test procedure and acceptance criteria for new drugs substances and new drug products, International Conference of Harmonization, IFPMA.
31. ICH, Geneva 1994. Stability testing of new drug substance and products, International conferences on Harmonization, IFPMA.
32. ICH, Geneva 1996.Validation of analytical procedure, International conference on Harmonization, IFPMA.