Abdulsalam Alhalmi, Saima Amin, Kanchan Kohli
email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Abdulsalam Alhalmi*, Saima Amin, Kanchan Kohli*
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi, 110062, India.
Volume - 16,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2023
A new Vierordt’s Method or simultaneous equation method was developed and validated for the simultaneous estimation of raloxifene hydrochloride (RAL) and naringin (NAR) in their pure binary mixture and nanoformulation dosage form. The method was based on measuring absorbance at two wavelengths 289nm and 284nm (?max of RAL and NAR) respectively in methanol. Absorptivities of RAL at 289 and 284nm were (689.5 and 683.13), and those of NAR was (282.45 and 316.75). The % recovery values for accuracy studies were found to be in the range (102% and 96.45%) for RAL and NAR, respectively. The % recovery values for precision studies were found to be in the range (Intraday precision; 102.78% and 96.13%), ( Interday precision; 102.58% and 96.02%) for RAL and NAR, respectively were found to be satisfactory. The linearity of the calibration plots was confirmed by the high value of the correlation coefficients (R2 = 0.9994 for RAL and 0.995 for NAR). The limit of detection and limit of quantification were theoretically calculated which were found to be (0.57µg/ml and 0.613µg/ml) and (4.25µg/ml and 4.55µg/ml) for RAL and NAR, respectively. Robustness was also carried out and %RSD was found to be less than 2.0%. The proposed method was successfully used to estimate RAL and NAR in the pure binary mixture and their nanoformulation dosage forms.
Cite this article:
Abdulsalam Alhalmi, Saima Amin, Kanchan Kohli, Spectrophotometric Simultaneous Estimation of Raloxifene and Naringin by Vierordt’s Method. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(3):1199-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00199
Abdulsalam Alhalmi, Saima Amin, Kanchan Kohli, Spectrophotometric Simultaneous Estimation of Raloxifene and Naringin by Vierordt’s Method. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(3):1199-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00199 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-16-3-35
1. Jain A. Kaur R. Beg S. Kushwah V. Jain S. Singh B. Novel Cationic Supersaturable Nanomicellar Systems of Raloxifene Hydrochloride With Enhanced Biopharmaceutical Attributes. Drug Delivery and Translational Research. 2018;8(3):670–92: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13346-018-0514-8.
2. Vardhana RGV. Srinivasa R V. Ramakrishna K. Quality by Design Approach for the Development and Validation of LC method for the Estimation of in-Vitro release of Raloxifene hydrochloride in Dosage Formulation. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2015;8(11):1487–94: http://dx.doi.org/10.5958/0974-360X.2015.00266.8.
3. Suseem SR. Joseph D. The Myth and The fact on Naringin –A Review. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2019;12(1):367–74: https://doi.org/10.5958/0974-360X.2019.00067.2.
4. Alam F. Badruddeen. Kharya AK. Juber A. Khan MI. Naringin: Sources, Chemistry, Toxicity, Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacological Evidences, Molecular Docking and Cell line Study. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2020;13(5):2507–15: https://doi.org/10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00447.3.
5. Fadholly A. Ansori ANM. Sucipto TH. An Overview of Naringin: Potential Anticancer compound of Citrus Fruits. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2020;13(11):5613–9: https://doi.org/10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00979.8.
6. Sivanantham B. Pleiotropic Role of Dietary Phytochemicals in Cancer : Emerging Perspectives for Combinational Therapy. Nutrition and Cancer. 2015;67(7):1021–48: https://doi.org/10.1080/01635581.2015.1073762.
7. Choudhari AS. Mandave PC. Deshpande M. Ranjekar P. Prakash O. Phytochemicals in Cancer Treatment: From Preclinical Studies to Clinical Practice. Frontiers in Pharmacology. 2020;10:1–17: https://doi.org/10.3389/fphar.2019.01614.
8. Ranjan A. Ramachandran S. Gupta N. Kaushik I. Wright S. Srivastava S. et al. Role of Phytochemicals in Cancer Prevention. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 2019;20(20):1–17: https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms20204981.
9. Kachave RN. Bhadane RN. Wagh R. Jain D. Simultaneous Estimation of Olmesartan Medoxomil and Hydrochlorothiazide by Spectrophotometry in Tablet Formulation. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technolog. 2010;3(4):1047–9: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2010-3-4-118.
10. Affas S. Sakur AA. New Simple Spectrophotometric Method for the Simultaneous Estimation of the Mixtures of Sildenafil and Some Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2019;12(2):711–6: https://doi.org/10.5958/0974-360X.2019.00126.4.
11. Kakde R. Kotak V. Barsagade A. Chaudhary N. Kale D. Spectrophotometric Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Amlodipine Besylate and Bisoprolol Fumarate in Pharmaceutical Preparations. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technolog. 2008;1(4):513–5: https://rjptonline.org/HTMLPaper.aspx?Journal=Research+Journal+of+Pharmacy+and+Technology%3bPID%3d2008-1-4-103.
12. Buchiya F V. Bhim AI. Raj HA. Jain VC. Simultaneous Determination of Cilnidipine and Valsartan in Synthetic Mixture using Spectrophotometric Technique. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2015;5(1):21–5: http://dx.doi.org/10.5958/2231-5675.2015.00004.6.
13. Babu C. Suresh Reddy KVN. Shashi Kumar KN. Development and Validation of Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method for The Determination of Related Substances in Raloxifene Hydrochloride Tablets Dosage Forms. International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2019;10(4):3325–31: https://doi.org/10.26452/ijrps.v10i4.1641.
14. VenkataSuresh P. Srujana GV. Lavany G. Manoja KML. Hadassah M. Srilekha B. et al. Development and Validation of Isocratic RP-HPLC Method for Raloxifene Hydrochloride in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Formulation. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2011;4(1):146–9: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2011-4-1-21.
15. Anil Kumar UR. Basavaiah K. Tharpa K. Vinay KB. Determination of Raloxifene Hydrochloride in Human Urine by LC-MS-MS. Chemical Industry and Chemical Engineering Quarterly. 2009;15(3):119–23. https://doi.org/10.2298/CICEQ0903119K.
16. Musmade KP. Trilok M. Dengale SJ. Bhat K. Reddy MS. Musmade PB. et al. Development and Validation of Liquid Chromatographic Method for Estimation of Naringin in nanoformulation. Journal of Pharmaceutics. 2014;2014:1–8: https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/864901.
17. Shibata MA. Morimoto J. Shibata E. Kurose H. Akamatsu K. Li ZL. et al. Raloxifene Inhibits Tumor Growth and Lymph Node Metastasis in A Xenograft Model of Metastatic Mammary Cancer. BMC Cancer. 2010;10: https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2407-10-566.
18. Giriraj P. Sivakkumar T. Simultaneous Estimation of Dutasteride and Tamsulosin Hydrochloride in Tablet Dosage Form By Vierordt’s Method. Arabian Journal of Chemistry. 2017;10:S1862–7: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arabjc.2013.07.013.
19. Affas S. Sakur AA. Spectrophotometric Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Dapoxetine and Some Phosphodiesterase-5 Inhibitors in New Combinations. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2019;12(11):5193–8. https://doi.org/10.5958/0974-360X.2019.00899.0.