Gurumurthy. Telugu, P. V. Suresh
Gurumurthy. Telugu1*, P. V. Suresh2
1Research Scholar, University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Archarya Nagarjuna University, Nagarjuna Nagar, Guntur-522510 ,Andhra Pradesh India.
2Creative Educational Society’s College of Pharmacy, Chinnatekur, Kurnool-518218 Andhra Pradesh India.
Volume - 16,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2023
A precise, very rapid and cheaper RP-HPLC method that is reproducible and stable is developed aiming for estimating Eprosartan mesylate and hydrochlorothiazide simultaneously in an active pharmaceutical ingredient and tablet dosage form. This method relies on the simplicity and easy to run fashion. The diluent/solvent was selected based on the solubility of the drugs. The RP-HPLC analysis was performed using an Agilent system C18 (150mm x 4.6mm, 5m) column with a mobile phase of 0.1% orthophosphoric acid pH (2.2): Acetonitrile (60:40), Flow rate 1.0ml/min, Detector wavelength 240nm. Calibration was linear for Eprosartan (80-3200ng/ml) and Hydrochlorothiazide (8.5-340ng/ml). The value of r2 was more than 0.999 consistently. The accuracy within the same day and during the course of estimation of plasma samples were investigated, and it was discovered that the mean percent accuracy was very highwith ranges from 100.13 to 100.66% intra-day and 99.16 to 100.87% inter-day. On the basis of the analytes and plasma samples, the precision (percent CV) was computed and found to be 0.91-1.76% for intraday and 0.98-1.58% for inter-day. Eprosartan and Hydrochlorothiazide had 98.85% and 98.67% mean recovery.The percent mean stability of Eprosartan was determined to be 99.90% at 28°C and 100.16% at 80°C. The percent mean stability of Hydrochlorothiazide was determined to be 100.94 at 28°C and 101.11 at 80°C. The newly discovered approach has been effectively used to the regular examination of pharmaceutical formulations for pharmaceutical drugs.
Cite this article:
Gurumurthy. Telugu, P. V. Suresh. Bioanalytical Method Development and Validation of Eprosartan Mesylate and Hydrochlorthiazide using RP-HPLC in Human plasma. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(3):1095-9. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00182
Gurumurthy. Telugu, P. V. Suresh. Bioanalytical Method Development and Validation of Eprosartan Mesylate and Hydrochlorthiazide using RP-HPLC in Human plasma. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(3):1095-9. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00182 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-16-3-18
1. Ruilope L. Jager B. Eprosartan for the treatment of hypertension. Expert Opin Pharmacother 2003; 4: 107-114. DOI: 10.1517/146565184.108.40.206.
2. Blankestijn PJ. Rupp H. Clinical Profile of Eprosartan: A Different Angiotensin II Receptor Blocker. Cardiovasc Hematol Agents Med Chem 2008; 6(4):253-7. DOI: 10.2174/187152508785909500.
3. Vongpatanasin W. Hydrochlorothiazide is not the most useful nor versatile thiazide diuretic. Curr Opin Cardiol 2015 ;30(4):361–5 DOI: 10.1097/HCO.0000000000000178..
4. Albero I.Ródenas V. Garcia S. Sanchez C. Determination of irbesartan in the presence of hydrochlorothiazide by derivative spectrophotometry. J Pharm Biomed Anal 2002; 29(1–2):299–305. DOI: 10.1016/s0731-7085(02)00073-0.
5. Sachse A. Verboom CN. Jager B. Efficacy of eprosartan in combination with HCTZ in patients with essential hypertension. J Hum Hypertens 2002; 16: 169-176. DOI: 10.1038/sj.jhh.1001317.
6. Joseph-Charles J. Brault S.Boyer C. Langlois MH. Cabrero L. Dubost JP. Simultaneous Determination of Irbesartan and Hydrochlorothiazide in Tablets by Derivative Spectrophotometry. Anal Lett 2003; 36(11):2485–95. https://doi.org/10.1081/AL-120024337.
7. ICH Guidelines T. Validation of Analytical Procedures, Methodology International Council on Harmonization. Brussels, Belgium; 1995.
8. Chandana OSS. Sathis D. Ravichandra D. Method development and validation of eprosartanmesylate and its impurities using reverse phase high-performance liquid chromatography. Int J Curr Pharm Res 2016; 8(4):49-53. DOI:10.22159/ijcpr.2016v8i4.15277.
9. Sharanya G. Sridhar T. Rajkumar V. Vijaykumar N. Stability indicating RP-HPLC method development and validation for the simultaneous estimation of Eprosartan mesylate and hydrochlorothiazide. Int J Pharm PharmSci 2014;6 (2): 446-451.
10. Devika G.Sudhakar M. Simultaneous determination of Eprosartan mesylate and hydrochlorothiazide in pharmaceutical dosage form by RP-HPLC. Pharm Anal Acta 2011; 2: 1-8. doi:10.4172/2153-2435.1000122
11. Nageswara ABN. Ojeyemi J. Jayathirtha JVLN. Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for simultaneous determination of hydrochlorothiazide and eprosartan in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form. Der Pharmacia Lettre 2011; 3: 318-325.
12. Sohan SC. Mohammed I. Kiran B. Sakarkar DM. A stability-indicating reverse phase high performance liquid chromatography method for the simultaneous determination of ramipril and valsartan in pharmaceutical dosage form. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2008; 1(3): 215-217.
13. Kamila M. Mondal N. Ghosh LK. Spectrophotometric determination of Eprosartan mesylate in raw material and experimental tablets. Ind J Chem.Tech 2008; 15: 194-196.
14. Fawzy AE. Hassan HH. Ghassan MS. Analysis of Eprosartan hydrochlorothiazide and irbesartan-hydrochlorothiazide binary mixtures by derivative spectrophotometry. Int J Applied Chem 2007; 1: 1-12
15. Mehulkumar P. Ramesh V. Vinay KV. Srinivas R. Prakash VD. Simultaneous Spectroscopic Estimation of Amlodipine Besylate and Olmesartan Medoximil in Tablet Dosage Form. Asian J Research Chem 2009; 2(2): 127-130.
16. Uday SR. Kawtikwar PS. Sakarkar DM. Formulation and In-vitro Evaluation of Rapidly Disintegrating Tablets Using Hydrochlorothiazide as a Model Drug. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2008; 1(4): 349-352.
17. Ashok PS. Sanjay RP. Anand MS. Roshan I. Nagori BP. Rumit MS. New Simple, Sensitive and Economical UV Spectrophotometric Method for Estimation of Risperidone in Tablet Dosage Form and its Peroxide Degradation Kinetic. Research J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech 2009; 1(2): 126-129.
18. Revathi R. Saravanan VS. Ethiraj T. Jhansi LM. RP-HPLC Analysis for Quantitation of Candesartan Cilexetil in Solid Dosage Forms. Asian J. Pharm. Ana 2013; 3(4): 115-118.
19. Chitlange S. Kiran B. Sakarkar DM. Stability Indicating RP- HPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Valsartan and Amlodipine in Capsule Formulation. Asian J. Research Chem 2008; 1(1): 15-18.
20. Tarte PS. Wate SP. Khedikar PB. Pawnikar G. Absorption Correction Method for Estimation of Nebivolol and Hydrochlorothiazide in Combined Tablet Dosage Form. Asian J. Research Chem 2008; 1(2): 74-76.
21. Tarte PS. Wate SP. Khedikar PB. Satpure BT. Pawnikar G. Simultaneous Estimation of Nebivolol and Hydrochlorothiazide in Combined Tablet Dosage Form by Multicomponent Mode of Analysis. Asian J. Research Chem 2008; 1(2): 77-79.