Athulya S, S. Thanuskodi, B. Shanthi
Athulya S1, S. Thanuskodi2, B. Shanthi3
1Ph.D. Research Scholar, Dept of Library and Information Science, Alagappa University, Karaikudi, India.
2Professor and Head, Dept of Library and Information Science, Alagappa University, Karaikudi, India.
3Senior Technical Officer, Knowledge Resource Centre, Central Leather Research Institute, Chennai, India.
Volume - 16,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2023
A scientometric study to analyse the research output in the area of leather has been selected as the problem to be investigated. The research output is a good indicator which reflects the trend and structure in any discipline. The analysis of leather research over a period of time indicates the trends in the cognitive structure of the chosen field. The reveals that Asia ranks first in the continents with 4385 publications. In Asia 32 countries have contributed for the leather research. Out of them India stands first with 1666 publications, followed by China with 1473 publications. The study shows that Science Production Index for the top ten Asian countries was calculated. India had the maximum SPI of 14.31 followed by China with a SPI of 12.65.
Cite this article:
Athulya S, S. Thanuskodi, B. Shanthi. Geographical Distribution and Future Trend of Publications in the Field of Leather Research. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(3):1060-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00177
Athulya S, S. Thanuskodi, B. Shanthi. Geographical Distribution and Future Trend of Publications in the Field of Leather Research. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(3):1060-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00177 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-16-3-13
1. Sampoornam. W. Altmetrics and Scientific Publications in Measuring the Impact of Nursing Research Platforms. Asian J. Nursing Education and Research. 2020; 10(4):499-500. DOI: 10.5958/2349-2996.2020.00107.X
2. Roshani Bhalerao, Akshay Patil, Dinesh Rishipathak, Sanjay Kshirsagar. Insulin Therapies: Current and Future Trends. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2017; 7(4):189-196. DOI: 10.5958/2231-5659.2017.00029.7
3. Rohit J. Bhor, Harshala Damdhar, Geeta Kokate, Maduri Salve, Swati Andhale. A Overview on Current and Future Trends of Health and Environmental Effects of Air Pollution, Climate Change and By Various Ga. Asian J. Research Chem. 2016; 9(8): 385-390. DOI: 10.5958/0974-4150.2016.00059.6
4. Sowmya Annavarapu, Merry Raphael, Vijayanarayana K, Girish Thunga, Sreedharan N. A Study on Clinical Manifestations, Treatment Pattern and Outcome in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Patients in Tertiary Care Hospital. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2017; 10(5): 1383-1388. DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2017.00246.3
5. Premlata Singariya, Krishan Kumar Mourya, Padma Kumar. Estimation of Antibacterial Efficacy in Alkaloids of Anogeissus rotundifolia an Indigenous Medicinal Plant against Some Pathogenic Micro-organisms. Asian J. Research Chem. 2018; 11(2):432-440. DOI: 10.5958/0974-4150.2018.00079.2
6. Thanuskodi, S. Bibliometric analysis of DESIDOC journal of library and information technology. Library and information science in developing countries: Contemporary issues 2011; 303-312 https://doi:10.4018/978-1-61350-335-5.ch022
7. Ahila M., Nagarajan M., Gopalakrishnan S. Pharmacology Research in India: A Bibliometric Study. Indian Journal of Information Sources & Services (IJISS), 2011; 1(2). https://doi.org/10.51983/ijiss.2011.1.2.339
8. Bernabò N., Greco L., Mattioli M., Barboni B. A scientometric analysis of reproductive medicine. Scientometrics, 2016; 109(1), 103-120. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11192-016-1969-3
9. Chaman Sab M., Dharani Kumar P., Biradar B.S. Scientific Productivity of Oceanography Literature: A Scientometric Analysis. Oceanography and Fisheries Open Access Journal (OFOAJ), 2017; 1(6). https://doi: 10.19080/OFOAJ.2017.05.555657
10. Djalalinia S., Peykari N., Qorbani M., Moghaddam S.S., Larijani B., Farzadfar F. Obesity researches over the past 24 years: A scientometrics study in Middle East countries. International journal of preventive medicine, 2015; 6. https://DOI: 10.4103/2008-7802.156835
11. Thanuskodi S, Subramaniyan S. Awareness and use of e-resources among library and information science distance learners at Alagappa University: A study In: Advancing Library Education: Technological Innovation and Instructional Design. [Internet], 2013; 264-72. DOI: 10.4018/978-1-4666-3688-0.ch019
12. Sachithanantham S., Raja S. Scientometric analysis of rabies research literature in India: 1950–2014. Scientometrics, 2015; 105(1), 567-575. DOI: 10.1007/s11192-015-1694-3
13. Vivekanandhan S., Sivasamy K., Prabhakar S. Publications and Citations Analysis of Pollution Control Research Output from SCOPUS Database: A Scientometrics Analysis. International Journal of Next Generation Library and Technologies, 2(3), 2016; 1-13. https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/3688