V. Andiran, K. Kannan
V. Andiran1, Dr. K. Kannan2
1Research Scholar, Department of Pharmacy, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar.
2Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacy, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar.
Volume - 16,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2023
The purpose of this research is to design and test Aceclofenac-containing capsule dosage type, which may be intended for the treatment of early morning stiffness and symptomatic pain relief in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Immediate release tablets were prepared by wet granulation method using crospovidone, SSG, Lycoat, and Ludiflash. Enteric coated Microspheres were prepared using Eudragit L100 and Eudragit R100 by oil-in-oil solvent evaporation method. Both IR tablets and microspheres of aceclofenac have been tested for pre-compression, post-compression and findings find to be appropriate in our trials. Chemical reactions between the drug and the polymeric substance have been tested using FTIR. There was no disparity between the IR patterns of Aceclofenac, the physical mixture of Aceclofenac and polymers. Based on the results obtained IR tablet (AI12) containing Crospovidone as super disintegrant was considered as the optimum powder blend for fabrication of capsule system. Among the enteric coated microspheres AC9 was considered as optimized formulation for colonic drug delivery. As our aim of work is to maintain a chronotherapeutic drug delivery, now we combine the optimized IR tablets and optimized enteric coated microspheres in a single capsule. Based on the drug release studies, it shows drug released up to 20hrs and follows zero order release kinetics with non-ficikian diffusion mechanism.
Cite this article:
V. Andiran, K. Kannan. Design and Evaluation of Controlled Onset Extended-Release System for Chronotherapeutic Delivery of Aceclofenac. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(3):1041-6. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00174
V. Andiran, K. Kannan. Design and Evaluation of Controlled Onset Extended-Release System for Chronotherapeutic Delivery of Aceclofenac. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(3):1041-6. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00174 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-16-3-10
1. Sharma MK. and Mishra N. Review article on various approaches used for colonic drug delivery system. Asian Journal of Biomaterial Research. 2017; 3(2): 18-39. Available at www.ajbr.in
2. Anita Singh A. and Dabral A. A review on colon targeted drug delivery system. Int J Pharm Sci and Res 2019; 10(1): 47-56. doi.org/10.13040/
3. Nguyen M.NU. Vo Van T. Tran P.HL. Tran TD et al Development of a Zein-Based System for Colon-Specific Delivery. 6th International Conference on the Development of Biomedical Engineering in Vietnam (BME6). BME 2017. IFMBE Proceedings, vol 63. Springer, Singapore 2018; 505-508. doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-4361-1_85
4. Singh C K. Saxena S. Yadav M. Samson A. A review on novel approaches for colon targeted drug delivery systems. PharmaTutor 2018; 6(7): 11-22.doi.org/10.29161/PT.v6.i7.2018.11
5. Neharika M. Shaik Harun Rasheed. Design, development and in-vitro evaluation of pinaverium colon targeted tablets. International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences and Technology. 2020; 2(2): 59-66.doi.org/10.33974/ijrpst.v2i3.244
6. Nidhi et al Microparticles as controlled drug delivery carrier for the treatment of ulcerative colitis. Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal. 2016; 24(4): 458-472. doi.org/10.1016/j.jsps.2014.10.001
7. Adhikari C et al Formulation and evaluation of pulsatile drug delivery system of salbutamol sulfate for the chronotherapy of asthma. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research.2018; 11(9): 305-11, doi.org/10.22159/ajpcr.2018.v11i9.20423.
8. Sonali S. Jaiswal. Shashikant D. Barhate. Formulation Optimization and Evaluation of Immediate Release Tablet of Telmisartan. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2019; 9(3):167-173.doi.org/10.5958/2231-5659.2019.00026.2.
9. Nishanth I. Elango K. Deattu N. Stephen P. Formulation Development and Evaluation of Bilayer Tablets of Telmisartan for Immediate Release and Metformin Hydrochloride for Sustained Release. Research J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech. 2013; 5(3): 139-144.
10. Dharmamoorthy G. and Nandhakumar L. Chronotherapeutics: A Range of Newer Drug Delivery Approaches for Better Patient Compliance. International Journal of Applied Biology and Pharmaceutical Technology. 2011;2(4):110-120. Available online at www.ijabpt.com.
11. Akilandeshwari AL. Elango K. Daisy Chellakumari S. Kishore Kumar S. Design, Development and Evaluation of Pulsatile Drug Delivery System of Ramipril. Res. J. Pharm. Dosage Form. and Tech. 2014;6(4):235-242.
12. Ram S Sakhare. Ashish B Roge. Bakal RL. Channawar MA, Chandewar AV. Pulsatile Drug Delivery Systems: Novel Approach on Control Drug Delivery. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2010;3(1): 32-38.
13. Tadimarri VS. Deshpande K. Uppalapati Y. Ghosh B et al Formulation, Design and In-vitro Evaluation of Terbutaline Colon Targeted Delivery. J Drug Dev Del. 2018;1(1):28-33.doi.org/ 10.3619/JDDD.1000105
14. Patel VR. and Patel VP. Pulsatile Drug Delivery System-A Review. Int J Pharm Sci Res. 2015; 6(9): 3676-88.doi.org/10.13040/IJPSR.0975-8232.
15. Sowjanya Battu et al Design and assessment of pulsatile technology based chrono modulated delivery systems of nifedipine. Beni-Suef University Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences. 2018; 7(4): 441-445. doi.org/10.1016/j.bjbas.2018.03.012
16. Rohini RS. Formulation and Evaluation of Pulsatile Drug Delivery System of Pregabalin. Pharm Anal Acta. 2016; 7(10): 508. doi.org/10.4172/2153-2435.1000508
17. Rutuja R. Shah, Abhijeet Jadhav, Rohan R. Vakhariya. Bicalutamide Tablets by Spray Dried Microspheres: An Approach to Enhance Solubility. Res. J. Pharm. Dosage Form. and Tech. 2017; 9(4): 168-172. doi.org/ 10.5958/0975-4377.2017.00027.1
18. Nina Varghese. Preethi Sudheer. Soosamma John. Remesh Babu. Manju S V. In vitro Evaluation of Isosorbide Dinitrate Calcium Alginate Controlled Drug Delivery Beads and Its Modified Form Using Different Cross-Linking Agents. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2011;4(5): 719-724.
19. Rutuja S. Shah, Rutuja R. Shah, Manoj M. Nitalikar, Chandrakant S. Magdum. Microspheres by Spray Drying: An Approach to Enhance Solubility of Bicalutamide. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2017; 7(3): 183-188. doi.org/10.5958/2231-5691.2017.00028.4
20. Chandy A. Sudish Rai, Manigauha A. Suresh Sahu. Entric-Coated Pectin Microspheres of Indomethacin for Targeting Inflammation in Lower Gastro intestinal tract . Research J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech. 2009; 1(1): 29-32.
21. Sarode SM. Kale MK. Vidyasagar G. Formulation and Evaluation of Ethyl Cellulose Coated Microspheres of Aceclofenac. Research J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech. 2010; 2(1):41-43.
22. Dilip M. Kumbhar. Kailas K. Mal. Remeth J. Dias. Vijay D. Havaldar. Vishwajeet S. Ghorpade, Nitin H. Salunkhe. Formulation and Development of Ethyl cellulose coated Pectin based Capecitabine Loaded Microspheres for Colorectal Cancer. Res. J. Pharm. Dosage Form. and Tech. 2016; 8(4): 261-268. doi.org/10.5958/0975-4377.2016.00036.7
23. P.S. Gangane et al Formulation and Evaluation of Chronomodulated Pulsincap Therapeutic System For Early Morning Surge In Blood Pressure. Indian Journal of Novel Drug Delivery. 2016; 8(4): 225-230.
24. P. Jitendra kumar et al Formulation and Evaluation of Pulsatile Drug Delivery of Lovastatin. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2018; 11(7): 2797-2803.doi.org/10.5958/0974-360X.2018.00516.4
25. Srilatha Malvey et al Development and Evaluation of floating pulsatile drug delivery system of meloxicam. Chronicles of Pharmaceutical Science. 2018; 2(2): 474-492.
26. Lopes et al Compressed mini-tablet as a biphasic delivery system. International Journal of Pharmaceutics. 323(1-2). 93-100. doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpharm.2006.05.063.