Manisha Panda, Vasudha Dadi, Srinivas Rao Yarraguntla, Vara Prasad Rao K
Manisha Panda, Vasudha Dadi*, Srinivas Rao Yarraguntla, Vara Prasad Rao K
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, Vignan Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology, Duvvada, Vishakapatnam - 530049, Andhra Pradesh, India.
Volume - 16,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2023
An analytical method based on reverse phase-high performance liquid chromatography (RP-HPLC) has been developed and subsequently validated, which was found to be simple and rapid for the simultaneous quantification of azelnidipine and telmisartan in pharmaceutical dosage form. The separation was performed on an Intersil C18 column (250 × 4.6mm, i.d., 5µm) utilizing the mobile phase having composition 70 volumes of acetonitrile and 30 volumes of 5 millimolar phosphate buffer pH 4.6. The chromatographic analysis was carried on isocratic elution at a flow rate of 1mL/min. Detection was carried out with UV detector at 255nm, and linearity was found at concentration ranges of 10-50µg/ml for AZL and 20-100µg/ml for TEL. The recoveries obtained were 99.48?100.22% for AZL, and 99.62 – 99.88% for TEL. No interference was found by the excipients in the formulation. The method was validated as per guidelines framed by International conference of harmonization for the parameter accuracy, precision, specificity, robustness, limits of detection and quantitation. The developed RP-HPLC method was applied in the analysis of commercial pharmaceutical products containing AZL and TEL and found to be efficient from recovery results.
Cite this article:
Manisha Panda, Vasudha Dadi, Srinivas Rao Yarraguntla, Vara Prasad Rao K. RP-HPLC Method for Determination of Azelnidipine and Telmisartan in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(2):509-3. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00086
Manisha Panda, Vasudha Dadi, Srinivas Rao Yarraguntla, Vara Prasad Rao K. RP-HPLC Method for Determination of Azelnidipine and Telmisartan in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(2):509-3. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00086 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-16-2-5
1. Goodman and Gilman’s The pharmacological basis of therapeutics; 10th Edn; Medical Publishing Division, 2001, 1804.
2. Sheetal. Sonia K. Lakshmi KS. Validation of Telmisartan by UV Spectrophotometry Method. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2019; 12(5):2413-2415. DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2019.00404.9
3. Durgadevi P. Kokilambigai KS. Lakshmi KS. First Order Derivative Spectrophotometric Method for the Quantification of Telmisartan employing Multivariate Calibration Technique. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2020; 13(2):774-780. DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00146.8
4. AL-Japairai KAS. Chatterjee B. Mahmood S. Almurisi SH. A Bioanalytical Method for Quantification of Telmisartan in rat Plasma; Development, Validation and Application to Pharmacokinetic Study. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(4):77-81. DOI: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00379
5. Bhadoriya U. Dhaked H . Upendra G . RP-HPLC method Development and validation for estimation of Telmisartan in bulk and tablet dosage form. International Journal of drug Regulatory Affairs.2013; 1(12): 61-64.
6. Kaur L. Singh G. Kaur. Development and Validation of Rapid RP-HPLC Method for the Detection and Quantification of Telmisartan Incorporated in Dosage Forms and Plasma. Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Therapeutics.2020; 1(2): 78-83.
7. Nandipati S. Reddy V. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for Estimation of Telmisartan in Bulk and Tablet Dosage Form. International Research Journal of Pharmacy and Applied Sciences.2012; 2(3): 39-43.
8. Patel J . Dhingani A. Development and Validation of Bioanalytical HPLC Method For Estimation of Telmisartan In Rat Plasma: Application To Pharmacokinetic Studies. Dhaka University Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2015; 11(2): 121-127.
9. Patra R. Mohan S. Gowda N. Stability-Indicating RP-UHPLC Method For Determination Of Telmisartan In Drug Substance And Marketed Formulation. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, 2016; 7(5): 2031-2039.
10. The Indian Pharmacopoeia, Government of India,Ministry of Health and Family welfare; 7th ed., The Indian Pharmacopeia Commission, Ghaziabad, II: 2001; 1304-1305
11. Japanese Pharmacopoeia, 17th Edition,The Ministry of Health Labour and Welfare, 2016; 704-707.
12. Shewale VU. Azelnidipine: A Review on Therapeutic Role in Hypertension. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics.2019; 9: 1002-1005.
13. Raskapur KD. Patel M. Captain AD. UV-Spectrophotometric method development and Validation for Determination of Azelnidipine in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form . International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2012; 4(1): 238-240.
14. Rele RV. Spectrophotometric estimation of Azelnidipine in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form by second order derivative methods. Journal of Chemical. and Pharmaceutical Research. 2014; 6(8): 198-202.
15. Das D. Halder D. Maji HS. De PK. Pal TK. Special Emphasis on Bioanalytical Method Development and Validation of an Anti-Hypertensive Drug Azelnidipine by LC-ESI-MS/MS in Healthy Human Volunteer’s Blood Plasma. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(7):3571-3577. DOI: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00618
16. Modi J. Patel SK. Parikh N. Shah S. Pradhan P . Upadhyay U. Stability Indicating Analytical Method Development And Validation For Estimation Of Azelnidipine. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2016; 5(2):831-847.
17. Muralidharan S. Parasuraman S. Venugopal V. Simple Validation of Azelnidipine By RP-HPLC Method. Rapports De Pharmacie.2015; 1(1): 43-45.
18. Rane A and Mahajan S. Validation and Forced Stability-Indicating HPTLC Method For Determination Of Azelnidipine, World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2016; 5(9): 1053-1062.
19. Suneetha G . Venkateswarlu P. Prasad PSS. Sensitive Analysis of Azelnidipine and Related Derivative in Human Plasma by Ultra-Performance Liquid Chromatography-Tandam Mass Spectrometry, Asian Journal of Chemistry. 2013; 15(18): 10319-10321.
20. Tripathi KD. Essentials of Medical Pharmacology; 6th ed., New Delhi, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers Ltd., 271-275.
21. Walker R . Whittlesea C. Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics; 5th Edn; Elsevier, 2007; 295-307.
22. Kumar HT. Asha C. New Validated Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method For Simultaneous Estimation Of Amlodipine Besylate And Valsartan In Pharmaceutical Formulation. International Journal Pharmaceutical Science and Research. 2019;10(5): 2633-43.
23. Kumar HT. Asha C. Sankar DG. Estimation of Amlodipine Besylate And Irbesartan In Pharmaceutical Formulation By RP-HPLC With Forced Degradation Studies. International Journal of Applied Pharmaceutics. 2019; 11(33): 159-167 .
24. Kumar HT . Sankar DG. Stability Indicating RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of Pioglitazone Hydrochloride and Alogliptin Benzoate in pharmaceutical formulation. International Journal of Pharmacy.2016; 6(4): 99-111.
25. Pawar VT. Pawar SV. More HN. Kulkarni AS. Gaikwad DT. RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Cilnidipine and Chlorthalidone. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2017; 10(11): 3990-3996. DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2017.00724.7
26. Patel NK. Rana BH. Patel DM. Vyas AJ. Patel AB. Patel AI. Stability Indicating RP-UPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Rabeprazole Sodium and Mosapride Citrate in Tablet Dosage form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(9):4535-4539. DOI: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00789
27. Mohammed MJ. Hamzah MJ. Saeed AM. RP–HPLC Method Validation for Simultaneous Estimation of Paracetamol and Caffeine in Formulating Pharmaceutical Form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(9):4743-4748. DOI: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00825
28. Deepthi R. Gowri Sankar D. A Novel UPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Ertugliflozin and Sitagliptin in Bulk and Tablet Dosage Form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(9):4859-4862. DOI: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00844
29. Patel V. Pandya C. Pandya A. Patel D, Patel Z. Novel UHPLC DAD Method for Simultaneous determination of Vildagliptin and Metformin in Bulk and its Tablet formulation. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(8):4143-4150. DOI:10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00717
30. Kotak RK. Pandya CV. Pandya AC. Validation of Novel Analytical RP-HPLC Method for determination of Formoterol Fumarate and Budesonide in Inhalation Suspension Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(8):4383-4390. DOI: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00761
31. Tomar B. Sharma A. Kumar I. Jain S. Ahirrao P. Development and Validation of the Analytical method for the estimation of a combination of 5-fluorouracil and Imiquimod by RP-HPLC. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(6):3313-3318. DOI: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00576
32. Patel K. Patel D. Simultaneous method development and Validation by HPLC for Capecitabine and Oxaliplatin in mucoadhesive microspheres containing capsules. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(6):3365-3370. DOI: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00585