Durgababu Rapeti, Kapavarapu Maruthi Venkata Narayanarao, Pulipaka Shyamala, Rallabhandi Murali Krishna
Durgababu Rapeti1*, Kapavarapu Maruthi Venkata Narayanarao1, Pulipaka Shyamala2, Rallabhandi Murali Krishna3
1GVK Biosciences Pvt Ltd, Hyderabad, Telangana, India – 500076.
2Physical Chemistry Department, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India – 530003.
3Department of Physical and Nuclear Chemistry, and Department of Chemical Oceanography, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India – 530003.
Volume - 16,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2023
Teneligliptin (TNN), a true third-generation gliptin, has firmly established itself as an essential therapeutic molecule in the therapy of diabetes. The monitoring of isopropyl alcohol (ISO), t-butanol (BUT), 2-bromo propane (BRO), toluene (TOU) and acetic acid (ACE) in TNN is necessary to maintain TNN’s stability, bioavailability and solubility. We have established a “gas chromatography” approach for ISO, BUT, BRO, TOU and ACE determination in TNN sample. The analysis of ISO, BUT, BRO, TOU and ACE in TNN were performed deploying ZB-624 analysing column. The flame ionizing sensor was deployed. Linear response was ascertained for ISO, BUT, BRO, TOU and ACE over the concentration arrays 29.96 to 7512ppm, 25.83 to 759 ppm, 48.48 to 762ppm, 4.92 to 1362ppm and 222.41 to 7527ppm, respectively. Detection limits were 8.99ppm (ISO), 7.75ppm (BUT), 14.55ppm (BRO), 1.34ppm (TOU) and 67.47ppm (ACE). The “gas chromatography” approach validation set their precision, specificity, accuracy and robustness. Routine monitoring and proper analysis of ISO, BUT, BRO, TOU and ACE in TNN sample in quality management laboratories could be accomplished deploying “gas chromatography” approach.
Cite this article:
Durgababu Rapeti, Kapavarapu Maruthi Venkata Narayanarao, Pulipaka Shyamala, Rallabhandi Murali Krishna. Simultaneous Gas Chromatographic Analysis of Isopropyl Alcohol, t-Butanol, 2-Bromo Propane, Toluene and Acetic Acid in Teneligliptin Drug. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(2):635-9. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00108
Durgababu Rapeti, Kapavarapu Maruthi Venkata Narayanarao, Pulipaka Shyamala, Rallabhandi Murali Krishna. Simultaneous Gas Chromatographic Analysis of Isopropyl Alcohol, t-Butanol, 2-Bromo Propane, Toluene and Acetic Acid in Teneligliptin Drug. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(2):635-9. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00108 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-16-2-27
1. Ceriello A. De Nigris V. Iijima H. Matsui T. Gouda M. The Unique Pharmacological and Pharmacokinetic Profile of Teneligliptin: Implications for Clinical Practice. Drugs. 2019;79(7):733-50. doi.org/10.1007/s40265-019-01086-0
2. Li X. Huang X. Bai C. Qin D. Cao S. Mei Q. Ye Y. Wu J. Efficacy and safety of teneligliptin in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: A Systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Frontiers in Pharmacology. 2018;9:449. doi.org/10.3389/fphar.2018.00449
3. Singh AK. Efficacy and safety of teneligliptin. Indian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2017;21(1):11-7. doi.org/10.4103/2230-8210.193163
4. Mitra A. Ray S. Evaluation of the safety and efficacy of teneligliptin at a higher dose in indian type 2 diabetes patients: a retrospective analysis. Cureus. 2020;12(1):e6812. doi.org/10.7759/cureus.6812
5. Kadowaki T. Haneda M. Ito H. Sasaki K. Matsukawa M. Yamada Y. Long-Term, Real-world safety and efficacy of teneligliptin: A post-marketing surveillance of more than 10,000 patients with Type 2 Diabetes in Japan. Advances in Therapy. 2020;37(3):1065-86. doi.org/10.1007/s12325-019-01189-w
6. Scott LJ. Teneligliptin: a review in type 2 diabetes. Clinical Drug Investigation. 2015;35(11):765-72. doi.org/10.1007/s40261-015-0348-9
7. Sharma S. Sharma R. Hatware K. Patil K. Review on chemistry, analysis and pharmacology of teneligliptin: A novel DPP-4 inhibitor. Mini-Reviews in Medicinal Chemistry. 2020;20(12):1091-100. doi.org/10.2174/1389557520666200228144148
8. Grodowska K. Parczewski A. Organic solvents in the pharmaceutical industry. Acta Poloniae Pharmaceutica. 2010;67(1):3-12.
9. Berkeley WC. Ji Zhang. Green process chemistry in the pharmaceutical industry. Green Chemistry Letters and Reviews. 2009;2(4):193-211. doi.org/10.1080/17518250903258150
10. Dixit K. Athawale RB. Singh S. Quality control of residual solvent content in polymeric microparticles. Journal of Microencapsulation. 2015;32(2):107-22. doi.org/10.3109/02652048.2014.995730
11. ICH harmonised guideline, impurities: guideline for residual solvents Q3C(R6), international council for harmonisation of technical requirements for pharmaceuticals for human use; 2016.
12. Bernardoni F. Halsey HM. Hartman R. Nowak T. Regalado EL. Generic gas chromatography flame ionization detection method using hydrogen as the carrier gas for the analysis of solvents in pharmaceuticals. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis. 2019;165:366-73. doi.org/10.1016/j.jpba.2018.12.006
13. Nacham O. Ho TD. Anderson JL. Webster GK. Use of ionic liquids as headspace gas chromatography diluents for the analysis of residual solvents in pharmaceuticals. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis. 2017;145:879-86. doi.org/10.1016/j.jpba.2017.05.033
14. B'Hymer C. Residual solvent testing: a review of gas-chromatographic and alternative techniques. Pharmaceutical Research. 2003;20(3):337-44. doi.org/10.1023/a:1022693516409
15. Ashwini RP. Prajkta MG. Bhavna JD. Manish SK. Review on chromatography principal types and it’s application. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2020;12(1):27-32. doi.org/10.5958/0975-4377.2020.00005.1
16. Shoeb A. Amer A. Mahzia Ya. Validated HS-GC-FID method for determination of residual ethanol in solid dosage form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology, 2014;7(2):184-87.
17. Babu JR. Suhasini J. Vidyadhara S. Residual solvents in bendamustine hydrochloride by headspace chromatography. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2018; 8(1): 7-12. doi.org/10.5958/2231-5675.2018.00002.9
18. Ali I. Youssef A. Determination of ethanol and n-hexane residues in bulk rosuvastatin and atorvastatin and their dosage forms using HS-GC-MS developed method. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2018; 11(11): 4829-36. doi.org/10.5958/0974-360X.2018.00878.8
19. Raghad H. Fadi A. Saleh T. Yaser B. Determination thymol in thyme extract and its pharmaceutical forms by using gas chromatography method. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2020; 13(9):4055-60. doi.org/10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00717.9
20. Cijo J. Mohd I. Sudhakar P. Priyankar G. Varshney KM. Shukla SK. Determination of clonazepam in chocolate using high performance liquid chromatography and further confirmation by gas chromatography- mass spectrometry. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2011;4(5):761-65.
21. Rabie SF. Sayed RAA. Confirmatory method for determination of 11-Nor-Δ9 -Tetrahydrocannabinol-9-Carboxylic acid in urine samples using gas chromatography–mass spectrometry (GC/MS). Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2011;4(3):373-76
22. Jose BE. Selvam PP. Identification of phytochemical constituents in the leaf extracts of azima tetracantha lam using gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) analysis and antioxidant activity. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2018;11(6):857-62. doi.org/10.5958/0974-4150.2018.00150.5
23. Sanapala SR. Vijayalakshmi A. Analytical method development and validation of glipizide to determine residual solvents by head space-gas chromatography. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(5):2440-4. doi.org/10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00429
24. Hussain Z. Balaram VM. Determination of residual solvents in teneligliptin by head space gas chromatography. International Journal of Science and Research. 2019;8(8): 2115-22.
25. Saudagar RB. Thete PG. Bioanalytical method validation: A concise review. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2018; 8(2):107-14. doi.org/10.5958/2231-5659.2018.00019.X
26. Raghava RN. Gowda KPK. Syed MA. Badami S. ICH guidelines with special emphasis on good clinical practice guidelines (GCP). Research Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics. 2010;2(1):27-32.
27. ICH Harmonised tripartite guideline. Validation of analytical procedures: text and methodology Q2(R1). In International Conference on Harmonization of Technical Requirements for registration of pharmaceuticals for human use, International Conference on Harmonisation; 2005.