Abhinav Prasoon Mishra, Rakesh Kumar Meel
Abhinav Prasoon Mishra1*, Rakesh Kumar Meel2
1Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacy, Advance Institute of Biotech and Paramedical Sciences, Naramau, Kanpur, India.
2Professor, School of Pharmacy, Shridhar University, Chirawa - Pilani Rd, Pilani Rajasthan, 333031.
Volume - 16,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2023
As previously researches indicate that 1,4-Dihydropyridine is a versatile molecule and it is clearly shown that it possesses different therapeutic activity in versatile disease. It shows different activity such as anticancer, anticonvulsant, anticoagulant, anti-alzheimer, antitubercular and antiulcer. Various adverse effects of proton pump inhibitors and H2 blockers were reported by many Investigators. These are Gastric cancer, Colon cancer, Gastric carcinoid tumor, gastrointestinal infection and many others. A good antiulcer potential of 1,4 Dihydropyridine with aromatic primary amine substitution seen here, with that reason our research work to conduct synthesis of 1,4 dihydropyridine derivative by replacement with some other aromatic primary amine scaffolds, and to evaluate the antiulcer potency of 1,4 Dihydropyridine. All chemicals were purchased from verified companies. Characterization of these synthesized molecules were performed by various spectroscopic methods and evaluated for in-vivo antiulcerogenic potential by using different animal models. A series of approximately in 25 numbers 1, 4 Dihydropyridine derivatives were synthesized and characterized on their spectroscopic studies. Antiulcer activity was performed in ethanol induced gastric lesions followed with five different models. In series of approximately 25 derivatives synthesized compound A5, A6, B5 and B6 shows significant activity in comparison to standard drug i.e.Omeprazole and among all compound, A5 and B6 (30mg/kg) shown potent antiulcer activity. Our final remark clearly stated that 1,4 Dihydropyridine previously established as calcium channel blocker, must shown antiulcer potential and all synthesized compound can serve as leads for new antiulcer agents after further investigation.
Cite this article:
Abhinav Prasoon Mishra, Rakesh Kumar Meel. Synthesis and Pharmacological Evaluation of the derivatives of 1,4-dihydropyridine: A Pleiotropic Molecule with Antiulcer activity. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(2):561-5. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00096
Abhinav Prasoon Mishra, Rakesh Kumar Meel. Synthesis and Pharmacological Evaluation of the derivatives of 1,4-dihydropyridine: A Pleiotropic Molecule with Antiulcer activity. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(2):561-5. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00096 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-16-2-15
1. Waugh A,Grant AW, Wilson KJW.Anatomy and Physiology in health and illness. Elsevier Health Sciences; 2014 Jun 25. Page no; 293-297.
2. Gary AT. Kevin TP. Anthony’s text book of anatomy and physiology. Mosby Elsevier Health Science. 2004; 18: 935-937.
3. Tortora. G. and Tortora. G. (2014). Principles of anatomy & physiology. 14th edition. 14th ed. John Wiley & Sons. 2014.
4. Tripathi KD. Essential of medical pharmacology. Jaypee brother’s medical publishers. 6th edition. 2008. 627-650
5. Kaur A, Singh R, Sharma R, Kumar S. Peptic ulcer: a review on etiology and pathogenesis. International Research Journal of Pharmacy. 2012 Jun;3(6):34-38.
6. Vomero ND, Colpo E. Nutritional care in peptic ulcer. Arquivos brasileiros de cirurgia digestive. 2014 Nov-Dec; 27(4): 298- 302. doi: 10.1590/S0102-67202014000400017
7. Prabhu V,Shivani A. An Overview of History, Pathogenesis, and treatment of perforated peptic ulcer disease with evaluation of prognostic scoring in adults.Annals of medical and health sciences research. 2014 Jan;4(1):22–29.doi: 10.4103/2141-9248.126604
8. Lanza FL, Chan FKL, Quigley EMM. Guidelines for prevention of NSAID-related ulcer complications.The American journal of gastroenterology. 2009 March; 104(3):728–738. doi: 10.1038/ajg.2009.115
9. Malfertheiner P, Megraud F, O'Morain C, Bazzoli F, El-Omar E, Graham D, Hunt R, et.alCurrent concepts in the management of Helicobacter pylori infection: the Maastricht III Consensus Report. Gut 2007 Jun;56(6):772-81. doi: 10.1136/gut.2006.101634.
10. Manimekalai P, Maheshwari R, Velmurugan M, Gurumoorthy S, Hansraj Kumar G, Vijayakumar. Gastro Protective effect of Standardized Ethanolic leaf extract of Indigofera tinctoriao on experimental Gastric Ulcers in Rats. Research journal of pharmacy and technology. 2018; 11(2):527-531. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2018.00098.7
11. Sivakumar KK, Rajasekaran A, PonnilavarasanI, Somasundaram A, Sivasakthi R, Kamalaveni. Antiulcer and Analgesic Activity of the Ethanol Extract of Cleome gynandra Linn Leaves. Research journal of pharmacy and technology. 2010 July-Sept;3(3): Page 766-769. doi 10.5958/0974-360X
12. Mariam A, Kadhem AA, Abdul-niby H, Khassaf K. Study the effect of Ethanolic extract of Anethum graveolens L. on Aspirin induced Gastric Ulcer in Male Guinea Pigs. Research journal of pharmacy and technology. 2018; 11(9): 3793-3798. doi 10.5958/0974-360X.2018.00695.9
13. Umbare RP, Mate GS, Dongare SS. Anti-Ulcer Activity of Crude Alcoholic Extract of Rhizomes of Cissus repens Lan. Research journal of pharmacy and technology. 2014 January; 1(1): Page 60-62.
14. Venkateshwarlu G, Macharla SP, Bhasker KV, Gowrishankar NL, Bhaskar J, Dhanalakshmi Ch. Antiulcer Activity of Leaf Extract of Lawsonia inermis in Albino rats. Research journal of pharmacy and technology. 2011 Sept; 4(9): Page 1436-1438.
15. Rao GCM,Sujatha D, Rupa VLS, Sindhu Priya ES, Rao KM,Venkateswarlu M. Study on Anti-Ulcer Activity of Daucus carota Juice. Research journal of pharmacy and technology. 2010 April- June; 3(2): Page 547-550.
16. Srivastava A, Mishra A, Rai AK. Synthesis, Characterization and Evaluation of Ulcerogenic potential for NSAIDs-Alendronate based prodrug. Research journal of pharmacy and technology. 2020; 13(5): 2107-2111. doi 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00379.0
17. Mishra AP, Bajpai A, Rai AK. 1,4-Dihydropyridine: A Dependable Heterocyclic Ring with the Promising and the Most Anticipable Therapeutic Effects.Mini reviews in medicinal chemistry.2019;19(15):1219-1254. doi: 10.2174/1389557519666190425184749.
18. Subudhia BB, Pandab PK, Bhatta D. Synthesis and antiulcer activity study of 1 , 4- dihydropyridines and their Mannich bases with sulfanilamide. Indian Journal of Chemistry. 2009, 48, 725–728.
19. Prakash CR, Raja S. Synthesis, characterization and in vitro antimicrobial activity of some novel 5-substituted Schiff and Mannich base of isatin derivatives. Journal of Saudi Chemical Society. 2013;17: 337-344. doi https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jscs.2011.10.022
20. Sridhar SK, Saravanan M, Ramesh A. Synthesis and antibacterial screening of hydrazones, Schiff and Mannich bases of isatin derivatives. European journal of medicinal chemistry. 2001, 36, 615–625. doi 10.1016/s0223-5234(01)01255-7
21. OECD (2002), Test No. 420: Acute Oral Toxicity - Fixed Dose Procedure, OECD Guidelines for the Testing of Chemicals, Section 4, OECD Publishing, Paris, https://doi.org/10.1787/9789264070943-en.
22. Richard DK, Jauro A, Nvau JB, Dabun JL. Ethanol-induced gastric ulceration in rats: Protective roles of methanol and water extracts of CyathulaprostrataLinnBlume. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2017; 6(5): 1515-1517.
23. SabiuS,Garuba T, Sunmonu T, Ajani E, Sulyman A, Nurain I. Balogun A. Indomethacin-induced gastric ulceration in rats: Protective roles of Spondiasmombin and Ficus exasperate. Toxicology reports.2015 Jan 8; 2:261-267. doi: 10.1016/j.toxrep.2015.01.002.
24. BhataMA, AL-Omar MA, Naglah AM. Synthesis and in vivo anti-ulcer evaluation of some novel piperidine linked dihydropyrimidinone derivatives. J. Enz. Inhib. Med. Chemi. 2018 May 24, 33(1), 978–988. doi 10.1080/14756366.2018.1474212
25. Bhargava KP, Gupta MB.Tangri KK. Mechanism of ulcerogenic activity of indomethacin and oxyphenbutazone. European journal of pharmacology. 1973 May;22(2):191-5. doi: 10.1016/0014-2999(73)90012-5.
26. da Silva LM, Allemand A,G B Mendes DA, Dos Santos AC, André E, de Souza LM, Cipriani TR, et al Ethanolic extract of roots from Arctiumlappa L. accelerates the healing of acetic acid-induced gastric ulcer in rats: Involvement of the antioxidant system. Food and Chemical Toxicology, 2013 Jan;51:179-87. doi: 10.1016/j.fct.2012.09.026.