Shaik Ashfaq Hussain, Shaik Mazhar Hussain, Madhav Prabhu, Rolito Asuncion
firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Shaik Ashfaq Hussain1*, Shaik Mazhar Hussain2, Madhav Prabhu3, Rolito Asuncion4
1Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU), Hyderabad.
2,3,4Middle East College/Department of Computing and Electronics, Muscat, 124, Oman.
Volume - 16,
Issue - 10,
Year - 2023
Monkeypox has been discovered in most of the US, except a few states, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The states with the most occurrences are Florida, New York, California, Illinois, and Illinois. It was first observed in laboratory monkeys in Copenhagen, Denmark, in 1958, and was later recognized as a distinct illness. Numerous animal species are thought to act as a natural reservoir for the virus. Monkeypox was first identified in colonies of captive monkeys after two outbreaks of a disease that resembled the pox. The cause of the illness, known as "monkeypox," is still unknown. However, the virus can infect humans if it is carried by nonhuman primates (such as monkeys) or African rodents. These monkeypox viruses could be diagnosed using a variety of general methods. As a result, the researchers analyzed the symptoms of the monkeypox virus, an outbreak of the disease in various nations, risk factors for monkeypox infection, and several methods for monkeypox virus identification. This article also looks at the development of monkeypox virus cases in the month and year of May 2022.
Cite this article:
Shaik Ashfaq Hussain, Shaik Mazhar Hussain, Madhav Prabhu, Rolito Asuncion. A Comprehensive study on 2022 Monkey Pox Outbreak. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(10):4968-2. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00804
Shaik Ashfaq Hussain, Shaik Mazhar Hussain, Madhav Prabhu, Rolito Asuncion. A Comprehensive study on 2022 Monkey Pox Outbreak. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(10):4968-2. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00804 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-16-10-74
1. Auwal I Kabuga and Mohamed E El Zowalaty. A reviewof themonkeypox virus and a recent outbreak of skin rash disease in Nigeria”, Journal of Medical Virology. 2018; 91(12): 1-8.
2. Sirwan Khalid Ahmed et al. The global human monkeypox outbreak in 2022: An overview. Preprint. 2022, http://dx.doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.2.32710.34880.
3. Tony Wawina-Bokalanga et al. An accurate and rapid Real-time PCR approach for human Monkeypox virus diagnosis. Preprint, 2022, https://doi.org/10.1101/2022.06.23.22276033.
4. Deepak Subedi and Krishna Prasad Acharya. Risk of monkeypox outbreak in Nepal”, Travel Medicine and Infectious Disease. 2022; 49(1-3): 2022.
5. Tom Joshua Joshua and Anebo Nlerum P. A neuro-fussy based model for diagnosis of monkeypox diseases”, International Journal of Computer Science Trends and Technology (IJCST). 2018; 6(2): 143-153.
6. AL-Sakiti, M. K., and Hussain, S. M. IoT based monitoring and tracing of COVID-19 contact persons. Journal of Student Research. 2021.
7. Hussain, S. M., and AL Habsi. Protection of foodstuffs in storage warehouses system. Journal of Student Research.2021.
8. Hussain, S. M., and Al Saadi. Voice enabled Elevator system. Journal of Student Research. 2021.
9. Al Balushi, I., and Hussain, S. M. IoT Based air Quality Monitoring and Controlling in Underground MINES. Journal of Student Research. 2021.
10. Hussain, S. M., Yusof, K. M., Asuncion, R., Hussain, S. A., and Ahmad, A. An Integrated Approach of 4G LTE and DSRC (IEEE 802.11 p) for Internet of Vehicles (IoV) by Using a Novel Cluster-Based Efficient Radio Interface Selection Algorithm to Improve Vehicular Network (VN) Performance. Sustainable Advanced Computing. 2022; 569-583.
11. Hussain, S. M., Yusof, K. M., Hussain, S. A., and Khan, A. B. An efficient interface selection scheme (dsrc/lte) of vehicles for data dissemination enabling v2v communication to support internet of vehicles (iov). In Soft Computing and Signal Processing. 2022; 573-581
12. Hakimi, A., Yusof, K. M., Azizan, M. A., Azman, M. A. A., and Hussain, S. M. A Survey on Internet of Vehicle (IoV): Applications and Comparison of VANETs, IoV and SDN-IoV. Elektrika-Journal of Electrical Engineering. 2021; 20(3): 26-31.
13. Hussain, S. M., Yusof, K. M., Hussain, S. A., Asuncion, R., and Ghouse, S. Integration of 4G LTE and DSRC (IEEE 802.11 p) for Enhancing Vehicular Network Performance in IoV Using Optimal Cluster- Based Data Forwarding (OCDF) Protocol. International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies.2021; 15(14).
14. Hussain, S. M., Yusof, K. M., Hussain, S. A., and Asuncion, R. Performance evaluation of vertical handover in Internet of Vehicles. International Journal on Smart Sensing and Intelligent Systems. 2021; 14(1): 1.
15. Hussain, S. M., Yusof, K. M., Asuncion, R., and Hussain, S. Artificial intelligence based handover decision and network selection in heterogeneous internet of vehicles. Indones. J. Electr. Eng. Comput. Sci. 2021; 22: 1124-1134.
16. Hussain, S. M., Yusof, K. M., and Yusof, K. M. Dynamic Q-learning and Fuzzy CNN Based Vertical Handover Decision for Integration of DSRC, mmWave 5G and LTE in Internet of Vehicles (IoV). J. Commun. 2021; 16(5): 155-166.
17. Sukanya K and Aravinda Swami P. A brief review on monkey pox illness. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR). 2016; 7(1): 1480-1483.
18. Nikola Sklenovska and Marc Van Ranst. Emergence of monkeypox as the most important orthopoxvirus infection in humans. Frontiers in Public Health. 2018; 6: 1-12.
19. Leisha Diane Nolen et al. Introduction of monkeypox into a community and household: risk factors and zoonotic reservoirs in the democratic republic of the congo. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. 2015; 93(2); 410-415.
20. Elizabeth A Falendysz et al. Characterization of monkeypox virus infection in African rope squirrels (Funisciurus sp.). Plos Neglected Tropical Diseases. 2017; 11(8): 1-23.
21. Henri A Thomassen et al. Pathogen-host associations and predicted range shifts of human monkeypox in response to climate change in central Africa. Plos One. 2013; 8(7): 1-18.
22. Dheeraj Makkar. The latest news for may 2022 all you need to know on monkeypox. Preprint. 2022. https://doi.org/10.14293/S2199-1006.1.SOR-.PPCOS0D.v1.
23. Scott Parker and R Mark Buller. A review of experimental and natural infections of animals with monkeypox virus between 1958 and 2012. Future Virology. 2013; 8(2): 129-157.
24. Roy E Barnewall, David A Fisher, Ashley B Robertson, Pauline A Vales, Katherine A Knostman and John E Bigger. Inhalational monkeypox virus infection in cynomolgus macaques. Frontiers Cellular and Infection Microbiology. 2012; 2: 1-8.
25. Md Manjurul Ahsan, Muhammad Ramiz Uddin, Mithila Farjana, Ahmed Nazmus Sakib, Khondhaker Al Momin and Shahana Akter Luna. Image data collection and implementation of deep learning-based model in detecting monkeypox disease using modified VGG16. 2022. https://doi.org/10.48550/arXiv.2206.01862
26. Mary G Reynolds, Andrea M McCollum, Beatrice Nguete, Robert Shongo Lushima and Brett W Petersen. Improving the care and treatment of Monkeypox Patients in low resource settings: applying evidence from Contemporary Biomedical and Smallpox Biodefense Research. Viruses. 2017; 9(12): 1-14.
27. Patel, D. V., Patel, B. D., Patel, N. K., Sheth, N. R., Dabhi, M. R., and Dudhrejiya, A. V. Quality Improvement Methodologies in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing. Asian Journal of Management. 2020; 1(1): 1-3.
28. Srivastva, A. K. Traditional Solutions to Encounter Global Warming. Asian Journal of Management. 2010; 1(1): 22-25.
29. Ramana, N. Venkata, S. Md Azash, and K. Ramakrishnaiah. Impact of Liquidity Management on Profitability: A Case Study of Lanco Industries Limited (LIL), Srikalahasthi (AP). Asian Journal of Management. 2011; 2(4); 182-185.
30. Baghel, D., and Dubey, A. Apparel Buying Behavior of College Going Students-A Study in Raipur-Durg Area. Asian Journal of Management. 2012; 3(2): 90-93.
31. Kumar, R., Raju, C. K., and Singh, K. L. Regional Rural Banks: A result of Narasimham committee. Asian Journal of Management. 2012; 3(4): 188-195.
32. Deepa, R. Education on Prevention of Swine Flu among Early Adults in Sri Ramakrishna Arts and Science College, Coimbatore. Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2011; 1(1): 01-02.
33. Yasodha, P. Assessment of Patient Satisfaction on Nursing Services at Obstetrical and Gynaecological Unit of Selected Hospital, Coimbatore. Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2011; 1(1): 03-05.
34. Sivasubramanian, N. Evidence Based Nursing Education and Practice. Asian J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2011; 1(1): 19-22.
35. Walter Jr, J. H., Goss, L. R., and Lazzara, A. T. Amniotic band syndrome. The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery. 1998; 37(4): 325-333.
36. Sit, D., Rothschild, A. J., and Wisner, K. L. A review of postpartum psychosis. Journal of Women's Health. 2006; 15(4): 352-368.