Surekha, Anoop Kumar, Harit Kasana, Jaipal Meena, Archana Sayal
Surekha, Anoop Kumar, Harit Kasana, Jaipal Meena, Archana Sayal
National Institute of Biologicals, Sector - 62, Noida, Uttar Pradesh – 201309.
Volume - 16,
Issue - 10,
Year - 2023
Background: Poliomyelitis is a severe viral infectious disease caused by poliovirus and usually, children under the age of 5 years are affected mostly who are not immunized or fully vaccinated. For precise evaluation of quality control testing of the vaccine is based on three parameters i.e. Identity, efficacy and safety. One of the most important test is potency to know about the efficacy and well-founded results in quality control of vaccines. Objectives: To evaluate the and compare sensitivity of HEP-2(Cincinnati) and Vero cell lines to Bivalent Oral Polio Virus Vaccine (Type 1 and Type 3) Methods: The sensitivity of Hep 2-c and Vero cell lines were compared by using a cell culture-based potency test based on CCID 50 /SHD. Results: Present study showed that the Hep 2-C is most sensitive for bOPV (Type1 and Type3) and the Vero cell line is less sensitive for Type 3 Virus. The Vero cell line is similarly sensitive as Hep 2-c for Type1 virus and TVC (Total Virus Count) of bOPV. Conclusions: The present study, suggest that the Vero cell line can also be used for the Potency assay of TVC (Total Virus Count) and Type1 in bivalent oral polio vaccine or monovalent (Type1) OPV along with Hep 2-c cell line.
Cite this article:
Surekha, Anoop Kumar, Harit Kasana, Jaipal Meena, Archana Sayal. Comparative Evaluation of HEP-2(Cincinnati) and Vero cell lines sensitivity to Bivalent Oral Polio Virus Vaccine (Type 1 and Type 3) by using In-vitro Microtitration Potency Assay. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(10):4719-2. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00766
Surekha, Anoop Kumar, Harit Kasana, Jaipal Meena, Archana Sayal. Comparative Evaluation of HEP-2(Cincinnati) and Vero cell lines sensitivity to Bivalent Oral Polio Virus Vaccine (Type 1 and Type 3) by using In-vitro Microtitration Potency Assay. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(10):4719-2. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00766 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-16-10-36
1. Madhekar A. Polio Endgame: How India Beat the Monster. Resonance. 2020; 25(12): 1753-1761.
2. Baicus A. History of polio vaccination. World Journal of Virology. 2012; 1(4): 108.
3. Rathore I. Rotavirus Vaccine: A Recent Innovation in Universal Immunization Programme (UIP). Int. J. Adv. Nur. Management. 2016; 4(4): 425-428.
4. Nugraheni RW. Yusuf H. Dwi S. Design of Liposomes based Vaccine Adjuvant System. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2018; 8 (4):261-263.
5. Yadav R. Vaccines Other Than Specified in National Immunization Schedule among Parents of under- five Children. Int. J. Adv. Nur. Management. 2015; 3(1): 64-68.
6. Soleymani S. and ABEDI KB. Evaluation and comparison of Hela, Hep2C and Vero cell lines sensitivity to polio vaccinal virus using micro and macro vaccine potency tests. 2012
7. Vysakh V. Binoy A. Sreenivas A. Abhinand B. Vijayan M. Vaccines-Pillars of Preventive Health. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2017; 10(9): 3205-3210. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2017.00569.8 Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2017-10-9-69
8. Tevi BC. Okeibunor J.Châtellier GM. Assefa A. Biey JNM. Cheikh D. Eshetu M. Anya BP. Dao H. Nasir Y. and Akanmori BD. Introduction of inactivated poliovirus vaccine and trivalent oral polio vaccine/bivalent oral polio vaccine switch in the African region. The Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2017; 216(suppl_1) 2: S66-S75.
9. Patil SM. Maske AP. Sapkale GN. Kure AB. Unique Approaches to Vaccine Development Formulation and Delivery. Research J. Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics. 2010; 2(2):99-102.
10. Anya BPM. Moturi E. Aschalew T. Tevi-Benissan MC. Akanmori BD. Poy AN. Mbulu KL. Okeibunor J. Mihigo R. Zawaira F. Contribution of polio eradication initiative to strengthening routine immunization: Lessons learnt in the WHO African region. Vaccine. 2016; 34(43): 5187-5192.
11. Ahmed S. Othman NH. Sulaiman SA. Rao US. Mahadeva NS, Baig AA. Resistance to Polio Vaccination in Some Muslim Communities and the Actual Islamic Perspectives – A Critical Review. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2014; 7(4): 494-495. Available on: https://www.rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2014-7-4-10
12. Kado G. Relative sensitivity of three cell substrates to the Sabin poliovirus strains. Developments in Biological Standardization. 1976; 37: 261-264.
13. Barrett PN. Mundt W. Kistner O. Howard MK. Vero cell platform in vaccine production: moving towards cell culture-based viral vaccines. Expert Review of Vaccines. 2009; 8(5): 607-618.
14. Kumar A.Tomar, V. Development of potent and stable lyophilized Sabin formulated live attenuated bivalent oral polio vaccine. European Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2019; 6(11): 218-226.
15. Soumya M. Deepa R. Herd Immunity. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2021; 9(1):125-127.
16. Dhanashri U. Gadhave P. Gaikwad S. Nayana VP. Swati B. Udugade. DNA vaccines: A hope full ray in Immunology. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 5(2): 2015; 126-131.
17. Kumar A. Vyas J. Patel SM. Patel AB. Patel AI. Patel NK. Shah S. Sheth D. Stability testing: An Essential study for Vaccine Formulation Development. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2022; 12(1):29-6.
18. Roshani P. Kumbhar S. Suryawanshi S. Patil P. Kumar S. Patil V. An Opportunities and Challenges in Vaccine Development. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2022; 12(1):83-7.
19. WHO Expert Committee on Biological Standardization and World Health Organization, 2002. WHO Expert Committee on Biological Standardization: fifty-first report. World Health Organization.
20. Soleimani S. Lotfi M. Hatami AR and Bordbar N. Comparison of sensitivity of Hela, Hep2c and Vero cell cultures to poliomyelitis vaccinal virus 2008.
21. Blake IM. Pons SM. Molodecky NA. Diop OM. Chenoweth P. Bandyopadhyay AS. Zaffran M. Sutter RW. and Grassly NC. Type 2 poliovirus detection after global withdrawal of trivalent oral vaccine. New England Journal of Medicine. 2018; 379(9): 834-845.
22. Jegede AS. What led to the Nigerian boycott of the polio vaccination campaign?. PLoS Med. 2007; 4(3): 73.
23. Eswaran SP. Praharaj AK. Chander Y. Nagendra A. Potency titration of oral polio vaccine by estimation of live virus content using tissue culture technique. Medical Journal Armed Forces India. 2003; 59(2): 105-107.
24. Dhanashri U. Gadhave P.Gaikwad S. Nayana V. Pimpodkar, Swati B. Udugade. DNA vaccines: A hope full ray in Immunology. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2015; 5(2): 126-131.