Bachhav Devidas G, Deore Leena P, Quraishi Shahid R, Ghavate Vilas B, Rode Ramdas B
Bachhav Devidas G1*, Deore Leena P1, Quraishi Shahid R1, Ghavate Vilas B2, Rode Ramdas B3
1MGV’S Samajshri Prashantdada Hiray College of Pharmacy, LVH Marg, Malegaon Camp, Malegaon, Nashik (MS).
2Soni College of Pharmacy, Sonai (MS), India.
3Sidhi’s Institue of Pharmacy, Nandgaon, Murbad (MS).
Volume - 16,
Issue - 10,
Year - 2023
Herbal cosmetics are in increasing demand all over the world and are a priceless gift of nature. There is a wide range of herbal products to suit the beauty regimen. Due to various adverse effects of available synthetic preparation, the present work was formulation of an herbal lipstick having minimal or no side effects. Herbal lipstick formulated using bees wax, white soft paraffin, castor oil, olive oil, lemon oil, peppermint oil, shikakai powder, vanilla essence and natural pigments of turmeric, cocoa powder, raktachandan and ratanjot bark .All the formulations evaluated for their quality, showing the satisfactory results. Formulation 4 (containing ratanjot pigment) is the best formulation of all formulated herbal lipstick as compare to other formulations.
Cite this article:
Bachhav Devidas G, Deore Leena P, Quraishi Shahid R, Ghavate Vilas B, Rode Ramdas B. Formulation and Evaluation of Herbal Lipstick. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(10):4677-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00760
Bachhav Devidas G, Deore Leena P, Quraishi Shahid R, Ghavate Vilas B, Rode Ramdas B. Formulation and Evaluation of Herbal Lipstick. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2023; 16(10):4677-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2023.00760 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-16-10-30
1. Chetan GJ. Mohit RK. Rituraj PC. Suraj KI. Use of Herbal Plant in Cosmaceutical Product. Research Journal Topical and Cosmetic Science. 2021:12(1):25-30.doi: 10.52711/2321-5844.2021.00004
2. Kumar S. Swarankar V. Sharma S. Baldi A. Herbal Cosmetics: Used for Skin and Hair. Inventi Rapid: Cosmeceuticals. 2012 December:4:1-8. Retrieved from: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Ashish-Baldi/ publication/235944029_Herbal_Cosmetics_Used_for_Skin_and_Hair/links/09e4151497b76aa3c5000000/Herbal-Cosmetics-Used-for-Skin-and-Hair.pdf.
3. Sanjay S. Deepak P. Dharmesh P. An Economical Overview on Herbal Cosmetics. Research J. of Topical and Cosmetic Sci. 2012; 3(1): 4-10. Retrieved from: https://rjtcsonline.com/HTMLPaper. aspx? Journal = Research%20Journal%20of%20Topical%20and%20Cosmetic%20Sciences;PID=2012-3-1-2
4. Jadhav CA. Vikhe DN. Jadhav RS. Global and Domestic Market of Herbal Medicines: A Review. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2022: 12(4): 327-330.doi: 10.5958/2349-2988.2020.00 049.2.
5. Kaul S. Dwivedi S. Indigenous ayurvedic knowledge of some species in the treatment of human disease and disorders. International Journal of Pharmacy and Life Sciences. 2010;1(1):44-7.Retrived from: http:// www. ijplsjournal.com/issues%20PDF%20files/may2010/8._Kaul_Dwivedi.pdf.
6. Dwivedi S. Dwivedi A. Folklore uses of some plants by the tribals of Madhya Pradesh with special reference to their conservation. Ethno botanical Leaflets. 2008:12: 741-3.Retrieved from: https:/ /core.ac. uk/ download / pdf/60544347.pdf.
7. Dwivedi S. Kaul S. Ethno medicinal uses of some plants species by ethnic and rural people Indore district of Madhya Pradesh. Pharmaceutical Review. 2008:6(3). Retrieved from: https:// www. researchgate. Net / publication/215629234_Ethnomedicinal_Uses_Of_Some_Plant_Species_By_Ethnic_And_Rural_Peoples_Of_Indore_District_Of_Madhya_Pradesh India.
8. Deshmukh SD. Chavan MP. Preparation and evaluation of natural Lipsticks from bixaorellana seeds. International Journal of Pharma and Biosciences. 2013: 4(3): 139-4.Retrived from: https://www.ijpbs. net/abstract.php?article=MjQwNA==
9. Azwanida NN. Hui MS. Color stability evaluation of pigment extracted from hylocereuspolyrhizus, clitoreaternatae and pandanusamaryll folius as cosmetic colorants and premarket survey on customer acceptance on natural cosmetic product. Journal of Tropical Resources and Sustainable Sciences. 2015: 3: 61-7.doi: https: // doi.org/10.47253/jtrss.v3i1.690.
10. Mali YS. Newad G., Shaikh AZ . Review on Herbal Lipstick. Research Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2022:14(2):113-8.doi: https://doi.org/10.52711/0975-4385.2022.00021.
11. Ghongade K. Bodake V. Badadare S. Magdum M. Formulation and Evaluation of some Cosmetic preparations using novel natural colorant from Ixora coccinea. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2021;11(1): 22-28.doi: https://doi.org/10.5958/2231-5659.2021.00004.7.
12. Avinash MD . Hari AM. Nikam SP. Herbal lipstick formulation: A new approach. International Journal of Research in Ayurveda and Pharmacy. 2011;2(6): 1795-97.Retrived from: https: //ijrap. net/ admin /php /uploads/ 719_pdf.pdf.
13. Elumalai A. Chinna M. Nikhitha M. Formulation and Evaluation of A Herbal Lipstick from Punica granatum Fruit Peel. Research Journal of Topical and Cosmetic Science 2012: 3(1):20-2.Retrived from: https:// rjtcsonline.com/search.aspx?key=A.%20Elumalai
14. Pawan NK. Meera D. Avinash BT. Vivek MT. Overview of Herbal Cosmetics. Research Journal of Topical and Cosmetic Science. 2022: 13(1):27-4. doi: 10.52711/2321-5844.2022.00005
15. Mamatha T. Nagadivya N. Anupama K. Nazeem B. Afiya B. Formulation and Evaluation of Medicated Lipstick using Natural Coloring Agent. Research Journal of Topical and Cosmetic Science. 2020: 11(1): 22-3. doi: 10.5958/2321-5844.2020.00005.9.
16. Anju V. Krishnakumar KK. Dineshkumar B. Anish J. A review on herbal lipstick and natural colors . International Journal of Innovative Pharmaceutical Science and Research. 2017: 5 (3): 15-23.Retrived from: https://www.ijipsr.com/index.php/IJIPSR/article/view/155.
17. Swati D. Manisha S. Sonia S. Pavankumar K. Dhiraj P. Ganesh N. Formulation and evaluation of natural lipstick prepared from bixaorellana seeds and beta vulgaris root extract and the comparative study. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2013;5(4): 68-70. Retrived from: https:// innovareacademics. in /journal/ijpps/Vol5Suppl4/7197.pdf