Ahmed N. Ayyash, Entesar J. Fadhil, Zainab H. Mohammad
email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Ahmed N. Ayyash1*, Entesar J. Fadhil2, Zainab H. Mohammad3
1,2Department of Applied Chemistry, College of Applied Science, University of Fallujah, Anbar, Iraq.
3Department of Applied Chemistry, College of Applied Science, University of Samarra, Saladin, Iraq.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 9,
Year - 2022
In this study, a variety of 3,3'-(pyrazine-2,3-diyldi-1,3,4-thiadiazole-5,2-diyl)bis[2-imino-5-(5-substitutedpyridine-2-yl)-1,3-thiazolidin-4-one] derivatives have been synthesized with good yields starting by reaction of pyrazine-2,3-dicarboxylic acid and thiosemicarbazide. The resulted compound 2-amino-1,3,4-thiadiazole was treated with chloroacetic acid to give the corresponding chloroacetamide which further refluxed with potassium thiocyanate. The condensation of the product 2-imino-1,3-thiazolidin-4-one with different 5-substitutedpyridine-2-carbaldehyde produced the titled compounds. An agreement for the proposed structures were approved based on the elemental analysis, FT-IR, 1H NMR and 13C NMR spectra. Antimicrobial activity of the newly thiazolidinones have been estimated with powerful results.
Cite this article:
Ahmed N. Ayyash, Entesar J. Fadhil, Zainab H. Mohammad. Synthesis of Novel Bioactive compounds of 5-arylidene-2-imino-thiazolidin-4-ones as Antimicrobial agents. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(9):4187-1. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00702
Ahmed N. Ayyash, Entesar J. Fadhil, Zainab H. Mohammad. Synthesis of Novel Bioactive compounds of 5-arylidene-2-imino-thiazolidin-4-ones as Antimicrobial agents. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(9):4187-1. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00702 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-9-62
1. Andres CJ. Bronson JJ. Andrea SV. Deshpande MS. Falk PJ. Young KAG. 4-Thiazolidinones: novel inhibitors of the bacterial enzyme murB. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2000; 10(8): 715-717. doi.org/10.1016/S0960-894X(00)00073-1
2. Balzarini J. Orzeszko B. Maurin JK. Orzeszko A. Synthesis and anti-HIV studies of 2-adamantyl-substituted thiazolidin-4-ones. Eur. J. Med. Chem. 2007; 42: 993–1003. doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmech.2007.01.003
3. Bondock C. Khalifa W. Fadda AA. Synthesis and antimicrobial evaluation of some new thiazole, thiazolidinone and thiazoline derivatives starting from 1-chloro-3,4-dihydronaphthalene-2-carboxaldehyde. Eur. J. Med. Chem. 2007; 42(7): 948-954. doi.10.1016/j.ejmech.2006.12.025
4. Pankaj B. Girendra G. Gupta SK. Strategies for the synthesis and biological screening of thiazolidinone derivatives. Asian J. Research Chem. 2017; 10(2):240-248. doi: 10.5958/0974-4150.2017.00039.6
5. Murugan V. Brijesh J. Geetha KM. Synthesis of 2-imino-3-(5-aryl-1, 3, 4-thiadiazol-2-yl)-5-arylidene-1, 3-thiazol-4-one as potent CNS depressant and antimicrobial agents. Asian J. Research Chem. 2010; 3(3): 698-702.
6. Deep A. Jain S. Sharma PC. Synthesis and anti-inflammatory activity of some novel biphenyl-4-carboxylic acid 5-(arylidene)-2-(aryl)-4-oxothiazolidin-3-yl amides. Acta Pol. Pharm. 2010; 67: 63-67.
7. Deep A. Jain S. Sharma PC. Verma P. Kumar M. Dora CP. Design and biological evaluation of biphenyl-4-carboxylic acid hydrazide-hydrazone for antimicrobial activity. Acta Pol. Pharm, 2010; 67: 255-259.
8. Bhagyesh B. Sureshbhi P. Bhushan B. Khadabadi SS. Mahendra S. Design and synthesis of some novel chalcones as potent antimicrobial agent. Asian J. Research Chem. 2008; 1(2): 67-69.
9. Visagaperumal D. Kumar RJ. Vijayaraj R. Anbalgan N. Microwave induced synthesis of some new 3-substituted-1, 3-thiazolidin-4-ones for their potent antimicrobial and antitubercular activities. Int J Chem Tech Res. 2009; 1(4): 1048-1051.
10. Sharma P. Samadhiya S. Srivastava S. Synthesis of some new thiazolidine derivatives and their biological significance. Latvian Journal of Chemistry. 2012; 50(4): 296–307.
11. Sharanabasppa BP. Naganna M.G. Synthesis of 3- (1-benzyl -1H-benzo [d] imidazole-2- amino)-2-(3-aryl-1-phenyl-1H - pyrazol-4-yl)thiazolidin-4-ones and their antimicrobial activities. IJPSR. 2010;1(6):50-60. doi.org/10.13040/IJPSR.0975-8232.1(6).50-56
12. Cacic M. Molnar M. Balic T. Draca N. Rajkovic V. Design and synthesis of some thiazolidin-4-ones based on (7-hydroxy-2-oxo-2H-chromen-4-yl) acetic acid. Molecules. 2009; 14(7): 2501–2513. doi.org/10.3390%2Fmolecules14072501
13. Sunil M. Srivastava SD. Rajiv D. Srivastava SK. Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of 4-oxo-thiazolidines and 5-arylidene derivatives of 2-amino-5-ethyl-1,3,4-thiadiazole. Journal of Bangladesh Academy of Sciences. 2018; 42(2): 155-170. doi.org/10.3329/jbas.v42i2.40042
14. Vinita VM. Abib AM. Hitesh TP. Synthesis and antimicrobial screening of 5-benzylidine-2-imino-3-(2-oxo-2H-benzopyran-6-yl)-thiazolidin-4-one and its derivatives. Ind J Chem, 2009; 48B: 137-141.
15. Liu HL. Lieberzeit Z. Anthonsen T. Synthesis and Fungicidal Activity of 2-Imino-3-(4-arylthiazol-2-yl)-thiazolidin-4-ones and Their 5-Arylidene Derivatives. Molecules. 2000; 5:1055-1061. doi.org/10.3390/50901055
16. Patel VI. Patel RG. Patel NG. Panchal SR. Bhardia PD. Synthesis and study of some new 2-imino-3-[carboxamido o-hydroxyphenyl]-5-arylidene-4-thiazolidinone as antibacterial agents. Asian J. Research Chem. 2010; 3(2): 468-471.
17. Ankush G. Radhika M. Pooja C. Shubhini AS. Free radical scavenging activity of novel 5-substituted arylidene-3-substituted-benzyl-thiazolidine-2, 4-diones. Asian J. Research Chem. 2010; 3(3): 528-530.
18. Palled MS. Lohar VR. Kalekar MC. Patil PB. Bhat AR. Synthesis of 1,2,3,4-[ 1-N- methyl benzimidazole] 3-phenyl substituted thiazolidine, 4-one and carbohydrazide derivatives for antimicrobial activity. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2012; 5(2): 249-252.
19. Matteo I. Lucia C. Paola V. Esin A. Ismail Y. Tugba E. 4-Thiazolidinone derivatives as MMP inhibitors in tissue damage: synthesis, biological evaluation and docking studies. Molecules. 2018; 23: 415-421.
20. Ayyash AN. Habeeb HQ. Fadel EJ. Design and development of novel 1,3-thiazin-4-one compounds derived from pyrazine-2,3-dicarboxylic acid: synthesis and bioactivity screening. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020;13(5): 2221-2227. doi:10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00399.6
21. Arthington-Skaggs B. Motley M. Morrison CJ. Comparative evaluation of PASCO and national committee for clinical laboratory standards m-27-a broth microdilution methods for antifungal drug susceptibility testing of yeast. J. Clin. Microbiol. 2000; 38: 2254–2260.