K. Vinodhini, S. Kavitha, T. Saranya, K. Geethalakshmi
K. Vinodhini, S. Kavitha, T. Saranya, K. Geethalakshmi
Department of Computer Applications, PSGR Krishnammal College for Women, Peelamedu, Coimbatore – 641004, Tamil Nadu, India.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 9,
Year - 2022
The work elucidates the agnostic action of a bacterial soil isolate, procured from different parts from Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India. The bacteria strains were obtained via routine serial dilution plate protocols. The best isolate was tested against 3 pathogens; Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Klebsiella pneumoniae, and Staphylococcus aureus. The screening was performed via streaking, and the isolate L1An1 exhibited agnostic activity on K pneumoniae and S aureus. The maximal impact of 21mm inhibition zone was recorded. Molecular identi?cation and the resultant sequence were consigned for NCBI BLAST. The isolates L1An2 showed 99% resemblance with that of Enterobacter aerogenes. The sequence submitted to GenBank and MT192658.1 was procured the accession number.
Cite this article:
K. Vinodhini, S. Kavitha, T. Saranya, K. Geethalakshmi. Molecular Analysis of bacteria isolated from the soil for its Potential Agnostic activity. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(9):4135-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00694
K. Vinodhini, S. Kavitha, T. Saranya, K. Geethalakshmi. Molecular Analysis of bacteria isolated from the soil for its Potential Agnostic activity. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(9):4135-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00694 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-9-54
1. Cars O. Hogberg LD. Murray M. Nordberg O. Sivaraman S. Lundborg CS et al Meeting the challenge of antibiotic resistance. BMJ. 2008; 18:337:a1438. doi.org/10.1136/bmj.a1438
2. Killedar SG. Kopec KI. Sangle SB. Tamboli MS. Standardization and Antimicrobial Activity of Watery Fluid at Floral Base of Spathodea campanulata (Pal). Asian journal of pharmaceutical analysis. 2011; 1(1):19-21. doi.org/10.5958/2231–5675
3. Kumar K. Singh BK. Synthesis, Characterization and anti-Microbial activity of Some 4-Thiazolidinone Conjugatives. Asian journal of pharmaceutical analysis. 2020; 10(4):195-200. doi.org/10.5958/2231-5675.2020.00036.8
4. Sehar S. Amiza Khan IH. Role of ZnO Nanoparticles for improvement of Antibacterial Activity in Food Packaging. Asian journal of pharmaceutical research. 2021; 11(2):128-1. doi.org/10.52711/2231-5691.2021.00024
5. Killedar SG, More HN. Screening of Antimicrobial Potential and Phytoconsituents for Different Extracts of Memecylon umbellatum Burm Inflorescences. Asian journal of pharmaceutical research. 2011; 1(4):114-118. doi.org/10.5958/2231–5691
6. Spellberg B. Guidos R. Gilbert D. Bradley J. Boucher HW. Scheld WM. Bartlett JG et al Infectious Diseases Society of America. The epidemic of antibiotic-resistant infections: a call to action for the medical community from the infectious diseases society of America. Clinical infectious diseases. 2008; 46:155-64. doi.org/ 10.1086/524891
7. Luepke KH. Suda KJ. Boucher H. Russo RL. Bonney MW. Hunt TD. Mohr JF. Past, present, and future of antibacterial economics: increasing bacterial resistance, limited antibiotic pipeline, and societal implications. Pharmacotherapy. 2017; 37:71-84. doi.org/10.1002/phar.1868
8. Laxminarayan R. Chaudhury RR. Antibiotic resistance in India: drivers and opportunities for action. PLoS medicine. 2016; 13:e1001974. doi.org/10.1371/journal.pmed.1001974
9. Santajit S. Indrawattana N. Mechanisms of antimicrobial resistance in ESKAPE pathogens. BioMed research international. 2016; 2475067. doi.org/10.1155/2016/2475067
10. Mohite MS. Shelar PA. Raje VN. Babar SJ. Sapkal RK. Review on Pharmacological Properties of Abutilon indicum. Asian journal of pharmaceutical research. 2012; 2(4):156-160. doi.org/10.5958/2231–5691
11. Kumar SS. Melchias G. Ravikumar P. Chandrasekar R. Kumaravel P. Bioinspired synthesis of silver nanoparticles using Euphorbia hirta leaf extracts and their antibacterial activity. Asian journal of pharmaceutical research. 2014; 4(1):39-43. doi.org/10.5958/2231–5691
12. Shah SS. Gupta A. Karne S. Shinde B. Immunological evaluation of Artocarpus heterophyllus for determining its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory activity. Asian journal of pharmaceutical research. 2017; 7(2):106-110. doi.org/10.5958/2231-5691.2017.00018.1
13. Mohite SA. Shah RR. Patel NR. Antimicrobial Activity of Leaves extracts of Jatropha curcas. Asian journal of pharmaceutical research. 2018; 8(1):17-20. doi.org/10.5958/2231-5691.2018.00004.7
14. Yunus FN. Khalid ZZ. Rashid F. Ashraf A. Iqbal MN. Hussain F. Isolation and screening of antibiotic producing bacteria from soil in Lahore city. PSM microbiology. 2016; 1:1-4.
15. Nike AR. Hassan SA. Alamu A. Bosede F. Soil screening for antibiotic – producing microorganisms. Advances in environmental biology. 2013; 7:7-11.
16. Dezfully NK. Ramanayaka JG. Isolation, identiﬁcation and evaluation of antimicrobial activity of Streptomyces ﬂavogriseus, strain ACTK2 from soil sample of Kodagu, Karnataka State (India). Jundishapur journal of microbiology. 2015; 8:e15107. doi.org/10.5812/jjm.15107
17. Constancias F. Terrat S. Saby NPA. Horrigue W. Villerd J. Guillemin JP. Biju Duval L et al Mapping and determinism of soil microbial community distribution across an agricultural landscape. MicrobiologyOpen. 2015; 4:505-17. doi.org/10.1002/mbo3.255
18. Gislin D. Sudarsanam D. Antony Raj G. Baskar K. Antibacterial activity of soil bacteria isolated from Kochi, India and their molecular identiﬁcation. Journal of genetic engineering and biotechnology. 2018; 16:287–294. doi.org/10.1016/j.jgeb.2018.05.010
19. Sethi S. Kumar R. Gupta S. Antibiotic production by microbes isolated from soil. International journal of pharmaceutical Sciences and research. 2013; 4(8):2967-2973. doi.org/10.13040/IJPSR.0975-8232.4(8).2967-73
20. Oskay M. Tamer AU. Azeri C. Antibacterial activity of some actinomycetes isolated from farming soil of Turkey. African journal of biotechnology. 2004; 3:441–6. doi.org/10.5897/AJB2004.000-2087
21. Mital N. Manvar. Antibacterial Activity of Leaves and Flowers of Ipomoea aquatica Forsk. (Convolvulacea). Asian journal of pharmaceutical research. 2018; 8(2): 94-98. doi.org/10.5958/2231-5691.2018.00016.3
22. Hemalatha M. Arirudran B. Thenmozhi A. Mahadeva Rao US. Antimicrobial Effect of Separate Extract of Acetone, Ethyl Acetate, Methanol and Aqueous from Leaf of Milkweed (Calotropis gigantea L.). Asian journal of pharmaceutical research. 2011; 1(4):102-107. doi.org/10.5958/2231–5691