M. C. Damle, O. A. Shinde
firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
M. C. Damle1*, O. A. Shinde2
1Head of Department, Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance, AISSMS College of Pharmacy, Pune.
2Department of Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance, AISSMS College of Pharmacy, Pune.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 9,
Year - 2022
Bedaquiline fumarate is an anti-TB treatment that was approved in 2012 and has a novel mechanism of action for fighting multidrug resistance (MDR). Bedaquiline fumarate, a diarylquinoline having significant bactericidal and sterilising activity, has been licenced by the US Food and Drug Administration,for the treatment of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR-TB).A simple, sensitive and stability indicating High Performance Thin Layer Chromatography method has been developed and validated for estimation of Bedaquiline fumarate as per ICH guidelines. Method was developed with silica gel 60 F254TLC plates using Acetonitrile: Ethyl acetate (7:3v/v) as mobile phase with densitometric detection at 229 nm. This system was found to give compact bands for Bedaquiline fumarate at (Rf 0.53 ±0.01). The linearity was observed in the range of200-1000 ng/band. Bedaquiline was exposed to different stress degradation conditions like hydrolysis at different pH, oxidation, photolytic and thermal degradation. The proposed method can used for routine quantitative determination of Bedaquiline.
Cite this article:
M. C. Damle, O. A. Shinde. Stability Indicating HPTLC Method for Bedaquiline Fumarate. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(9):3952-6. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00662
M. C. Damle, O. A. Shinde. Stability Indicating HPTLC Method for Bedaquiline Fumarate. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(9):3952-6. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00662 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-9-22
1. Available from https://go.drugbank.com/drugs/DB08903 (Accessed on 30/5/2020)
2. Available from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedaquiline (Accessed on 30/5/2020)
3. Available from https://druginfo.nlm.nih.gov/drugportal/name/bedaquiline (Accessed on 30/5/2020)
4. Available fromhttps://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Bedaquiline (Accessed on 30/5/2020)
5. Momin M. A. M., Rangnekar B, Das SC. Development and validation of a RP-HPLC method for simultaneous quantification of bedaquiline (TMC207), moxifloxacin and pyrazinamide in a pharmaceutical powder formulation for inhalation. Journal of Liquid Chromatography and Related Technologies, 2018 Feb41(8):415–421. https://doi.org/10.1080/10826076.2018.1437748.
6. Kumar A. K. H., Sudha V, Vijayakumar A, and Padmapriyadarsini C. Simultaneous Method for the Estimation of Bedaquiline and Delamanid in Human Plasma Using High-Performance Liquid Chromatography. 2021 Apr13(6):4–8.
7. Gray WA, Waldorf B, Geeta M, Stiles BL, Griffiss JM, Salata RA, Blumer JL. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis Development and validation of an LC-MS / MS method for the simultaneous determination of bedaquiline and rifabutin in human plasma. Journal ofPharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, 2019Aug 176:112775. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpba.2019.07.023.
8. Pardhi V, Pant G, Flora S. J. S. RP-HPLC method development and validation for bedaquiline fumarate to evaluate its forced degradation behaviour and stability in official dissolution media. 2020 July 6(1):42. doi: 10.1186/s43094-020-00061-x.
9. Dousa M, Reitmajer J, Lustig P, and Martin Š. Effect of Chromatographic Conditions on Enantioseparation of Bedaquiline Using Polysaccharide-based Chiral Stationary Phases in RP-HPLC.2016Jan 54(9):1501-7. https://doi.org/10.1093/chromsci/bmw050.
10. B. S. Pooja and Dr.Shetty A.SK. Development and Validation ofUVSpectrophotometric Methods forthe Estimation ofBedaquilineinBulkand Pharmaceutical Formulations. World J PharmRes. 2018 Apr 7(7):1579-86.
11. Rangnekar B, Momin M. A. M., Babu B, Sinha S. Bedaquiline containing triple combination powder for inhalation to treat drug-resistant tuberculosis. International Journal of Pharmaceutics.2019 Sep570:118689. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpharm.2019.118689.
12. C. M. Alffenaar, J. C. Bolhuis M, Hateren K. Van, Sturkenboom M, Akkerman O, Lange W. De. Determination of Bedaquiline in Human Serum Using Liquid. Antimicrob Agents Chemother.September201559(9):5675-80. doi: 10.1128/AAC.00276-15, PMID 26149993.
13. Kotwal P, Magotra A, Dogra A, Sharma S, Gour A. Assessment of preclinical drug interactions of bedaquiline by a highly sensitive LC-ESI-MS / MS based bioanalytical method. Journal of Chromatography B. 2019Feb 1112:48–55. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jchromb.2019.02.022
14. Metcalfe J, Gerona R. An LC-MS/MS-based method to analyze the anti-tuberculosis drug bedaquiline in hair. 201721(9):1069–1070.
15. Wang Z, Sun T. Determination of Absolute Configurations of Bedaquiline Analogs by Quantum Chemical Electronic Circular Dichroism Calculations and an X-ray Diffraction Study. EurJOrgChem. 2014Jun (18):3814-3821. https://doi.org/10.1002/ejoc.201400135.
16. ICH: Q1A (R2) Stability testing of new drug substances and products. International Conference on Harmonization 2003: Geneva.
17. Bakshi M, and Singh S. Development of validated stability-indicating assay methods - critical review. 2002 Jan 28:1011–1040.doi: 10.1016/s0731-7085(02)00047-x, PMID 12049968.
18. PatelAJ, Joshi DM, Choyal MS, Patel BD. Development and validation of stability indicating HPTLC method for simultaneous estimation of Fluocinolone acetonide and Miconazole nitrate in Ointment. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2015 April-June 5(2):49-60.
19. Paprikar AD, Patil KP, Ranade SS, Rane VY, Rao SH, Damle MC. Stress degradation monitoring of Ofloxacin by HPTLC and Bioautography. Research J. Pharm. and Tech.2010Oct.-Dec. 3(4):1275-1278.
20. Bhole RP, Jagtap SR, Chadar KB, Zambare YB. Review on Hyphenation in HPTLC-MS. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020 13(2):1028-1034. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00189.4
21. Soudi AT, Hussein OG, Eman S. Elzanfaly, Hala E. Zaazaa, Mohamed Abdelkawy. Stability Indicating TLC–Densitometric Method for Determination of Alcaftadine in Presence of its Degradation Products and Dosage form Preservatives. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020 13(11):5171-5176. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X. 2020.00904.X
22. Rawat S, Gupta A. Development of Novel HPTLC Method for Estimation of Qurcetine in Ocimum sanctum. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2011 Oct-Dec1(4):149-151.
23. Bhusari VK, Dhaneshwar SR. Development and Validation of a Stability-Indicating HPTLC Method for the Estimation of Eszopiclone in Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2021 11(3):219-3. doi: 10.52711/2231-5659.2021.00035
24. Shelar KU, Rao JR, Dhale C. Stability indicating HPTLC method development and validation for the estimation of celecoxib in bulk drug and its Pharmaceutical formulation. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020 13(8):3661-3665. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00647.2
25. Patil PH, Gurupadayya BM, Hamrapurkar PD. Stability Indicating HPTLC Determination of Tadalafil Hydrochloride in Bulk Drug and Pharmaceutical Formulations. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020 13(6):2608-2614. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00464.3
26. Sinha PK, Jeswani RM, Topgi KS, Damle MC. Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method for Determination of Potassium Clavulanate in the presence of its Degradation Products. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2010Jan. - Mar 3(1):141-145.
27. Deshpande K, Ranaware P, Madgulkar AR, Damle MC. Development and Validation of Stability Indicating HPTLC Method for Determination of Repaglinide. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2013 Feb. 6(2): 158-161.
28. ICH: Q2 (R1) Validation of analytical procedures, in Proceedings of International Conference on Harmonization 2005: Geneva.
29. Huber L. Validation of analytical methods and processes. In: Nash RA, Wachter AH, editors. Pharmaceutical Process Validation. 3rd ed. New York: Marcel Dekker, Inc; 2003:542-59.
30. Sethi PD. Quantitative analysis of pharmaceutical formulations. 1sted. New Delhi: CBS Publishers and Distributors; 2013:15-60.