Shahlaa Zuhair Abdul-Majeed, Monther Faisal Mahdi, Suhad Faisal Hatem Al-Mugdadi
Shahlaa Zuhair Abdul-Majeed1*, Monther Faisal Mahdi2, Suhad Faisal Hatem Al-Mugdadi3
1Phd Student, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, Mustansiriyah University, Baghdad, Iraq.
2Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, Mustansiriyah University, Baghdad, Iraq.
3Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Mustansiriyah University, Baghdad, Iraq.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 8,
Year - 2022
To develop novel anti-inflammatory scaffolds, a new series of 4, 5-dihydro-1H- pyrazole-1-yl acetate derivatives synthesized through different chemical reactions and validated employing spectral and elemental data. To examine the interactions of these derivatives, which are thought to have anti-inflammatory effects, with cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) enzyme, docking studies were carried out on this enzyme. COX-2 enzyme (3LN1) was selected from the protein data bank for docking studies. The molecular docking study was applied by using Glide docking tool under Schrodinger (Maestro 11.1) software (Schrodinger, 2017). As a result of the docking process on COX-2 enzymes, the 4, 5-dihydro-1H-pyrazole ring was found to be important in its interactions with the COX-2 enzyme. The inclusion of a bulky group in the construct may eliminate some interactions with the COX-2 enzyme. To better elucidate the inhibition properties of enzymes, this study should be supported by in vitro and in vivo COX inhibition tests.
Cite this article:
Shahlaa Zuhair Abdul-Majeed, Monther Faisal Mahdi, Suhad Faisal Hatem Al-Mugdadi. Design, Molecular Docking Studies, Synthesis and Characterization of some New 4,5-dihydro-1H- Pyrazole-1-yl acetate Derivatives as Cyclooxygenase Inhibitors. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(8):3382-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00566
Shahlaa Zuhair Abdul-Majeed, Monther Faisal Mahdi, Suhad Faisal Hatem Al-Mugdadi. Design, Molecular Docking Studies, Synthesis and Characterization of some New 4,5-dihydro-1H- Pyrazole-1-yl acetate Derivatives as Cyclooxygenase Inhibitors. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(8):3382-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00566 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-8-8
1. Godase AS, Pimpodkar NV, Indalkar YR. An Overview on A Pyrazole: Promising Moiety. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2015; 5(4):201-13. doi.org/10.5958/2231-5713.2015.00030.6
2. Alegaon SG, Alagawadi KR, Garg M, Dushyant K, Vinod D. 1, 3, 4-Trisubstituted pyrazole analogues as promising anti-inflammatory agents. Bioorganic Chemistry. 2014; 54:51-9. doi.org/10.1016/j.bioorg.2014.04.001
3. Alegaon S, Hirpara M, Alagawadi K, Hullatti K, Kashniyal K. Synthesis of novel pyrazole–thiadiazole hybrid as potential potent and selective cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitors. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters. 2014; 24(22):5324-9. doi.org/10.1016/j.bmcl.2014.08.062
4. Costa RF, Turones LC, Cavalcante KVN, Rosa Júnior IA, Xavier CH, Rosseto LP, et al. Heterocyclic Compounds: Pharmacology of Pyrazole Analogs From Rational Structural Considerations. Frontiers in Pharmacology. 2021; 12:1091. doi.org/10.3389/fphar.2021.666725
5. Chougala BM, Samundeeswari S, Holiyachi M, Shastri LA, Dodamani S, Jalalpure S, et al. Synthesis, characterization and molecular docking studies of substituted 4-coumarinylpyrano [2, 3-c] pyrazole derivatives as potent antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agents. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2017; 125:101-16. doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmech.2016.09.021
6. Abdel-Sayed MA, Bayomi SM, El-Sherbeny MA, Abdel-Aziz NI, ElTahir KEH, Shehatou GS, et al. Synthesis, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, COX-1/2 inhibition activities and molecular docking study of pyrazoline derivatives. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry. 2016; 24(9):2032-42.doi.org/10.1016/j.bmc.2016.03.032
7. Abdelall EK, Lamie PF, Ali WA. Cyclooxygenase-2 and 15-lipoxygenase inhibition, synthesis, anti-inflammatory activity and ulcer liability of new celecoxib analogues: determination of region-specific pyrazole ring formation by noesy. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters. 2016; 26(12):2893-9. doi.org/10.1016/j.bmcl.2016.04.046Get
8. Abdellatif KR, Abdelall EK, Fadaly WA, Kamel GM. Synthesis, cyclooxygenase inhibition, anti-inflammatory evaluation and ulcerogenic liability of new 1, 3, 5-triarylpyrazoline and 1, 5-diarylpyrazole derivatives as selective COX-2 inhibitors. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters. 2016; 26(2):406-12. doi: 10.1016/j.bmcl.2015.11.105.
9. El-Feky SA, Abd El-Samii ZK, Osman NA, Lashine J, Kamel MA, Thabet HK. Synthesis, molecular docking and anti-inflammatory screening of novel quinoline incorporated pyrazole derivatives using the Pfitzinger reaction II. Bioorganic Chemistry. 2015; 58:104-16. doi.org/10.1016/j.bioorg.2014.12.003
10. Koduru BS, Shinde AR, Preeti PJ, Kumar KP, Rajavel R, Sivakumar T. Synthesis, characterization, anti-tubercular, analgesic and anti-inflammatory activities of new 2-pyrazoline derivatives. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2012; 2(2):47-50.
11. Hussain S, Kaushik D. Noval 1-substituted-3, 5-dimethyl-4-[(substituted phenyl) diazenyl] pyrazole derivatives: Synthesis and pharmacological activity. Journal of Saudi Chemical Society. 2015; 19(3):274-81. doi.org/10.1016/j.jscs.2012.04.002
12. Thore S, Gupta SV, Baheti KG. Novel ethyl-5-amino-3-methylthio-1H-pyrazole-4-carboxylates: Synthesis and pharmacological activity. Journal of Saudi Chemical Society. 2016; 20(3):259-64. doi.org/10.1016/j.jscs.2012.06.011
13. do Carmo Malvar D, Ferreira RT, de Castro RA, de Castro LL, Freitas ACC, Costa EA, et al. Antinociceptive, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic effects of 1.5-diphenyl-1H-Pyrazole-3-carbohydrazide, a new heterocyclic pyrazole derivative. Life sciences. 2014; 95(2):81-8. doi.org/10.1016/j.lfs.2013.12.005
14. Sharath V, Kumar HV, Naik N. Synthesis of novel indole based scaffolds holding pyrazole ring as anti-inflammatory and antioxidant agents. Journal of Pharmacy Research. 2013; 6(7):785-90. doi.org/10.1016/j.jopr.2013.07.002
15. Dawane BS, Shaikh BM, Khandare NT, Mandawad GG, Chobe SS, Konda SG. Synthesis of Some Novel Substituted Pyrazole Based Chalcones and Their In-Vitro Antimicrobial Activity. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2010; 3(1):90-3.
16. Balaji P, Prathusha K, Chandu T, Sreevani MS, Rani PJ, Harini P. Synthesis, Characterization and Antimicrobial Activity of Some Synthesised Isoxazole and Pyrazole Derivatives. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2011; 4(2):301-3.
17. Mady MF, Saleh TS, El-Kateb AA, Abd El-Rahman NM, Abd El-Moez SI. Microwave-assisted synthesis of novel pyrazole and pyrazolo [3, 4-d] pyridazine derivatives incorporating diaryl sulfone moiety as potential antimicrobial agents. Research on Chemical Intermediates. 2016; 42(2):753-69. doi.org/10.1007/s11164-015-2054-x
18. Yu L-G, Ni T-F, Gao W, He Y, Wang Y-Y, Cui H-W, et al. The synthesis and antibacterial activity of pyrazole-fused tricyclic diterpene derivatives. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2015; 90:10-20. doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmech.2014.11.015
19. Mert S, Kasımoğulları R, Iça T, Çolak F, Altun A, Ok S. Synthesis, structure–activity relationships, and in vitro antibacterial and antifungal activity evaluations of novel pyrazole carboxylic and dicarboxylic acid derivatives. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2014; 78:86-96. doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmech.2014.03.033
20. Wang F-Q, Yang H, He B, Jia Y-K, Meng S-Y, Zhang C, et al. A novel domino approach for synthesis of indolyl tetrahydropyrano [4, 3-c] pyrazole derivatives as anticancer agents. Tetrahedron. 2016; 72(38):5769-75. doi.org/10.1016/j.tet.2016.07.078
21. Reddy VG, Reddy TS, Nayak VL, Prasad B, Reddy AP, Ravikumar A, et al. Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of N-((1-benzyl-1H-1, 2, 3-triazol-4-yl) methyl)-1, 3-diphenyl-1H-pyrazole-4-carboxamides as CDK1/Cdc2 inhibitors. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2016; 122:164-77. doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmech.2016.06.011
22. Metwally NH, Abdelrazek FM, Eldaly SM. Synthesis and anticancer activity of some new heterocyclic compounds based on 1-cyanoacetyl-3, 5-dimethylpyrazole. Research on Chemical Intermediates. 2016; 42(2):1071-89. doi.org/10.1007/s11164-015-2074-6
23. Reddy TS, Kulhari H, Reddy VG, Bansal V, Kamal A, Shukla R. Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of 1, 3-diphenyl-1H-pyrazole derivatives containing benzimidazole skeleton as potential anticancer and apoptosis inducing agents. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2015; 101:790-805. doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmech.2015.07.031
24. Minu M, Singh D, Mahaddalkar T, Lopus M, Winter P, Ayoub AT, et al. Chemical synthesis, pharmacological evaluation and in silico analysis of new 2, 3, 3a, 4, 5, 6-hexahydrocyclopenta [c] pyrazole derivatives as potential anti-mitotic agents. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters. 2016; 26(16):3855-61. doi.org/10.1016/j.bmcl.2016.07.025
25. Lv X-H, Li Q-S, Ren Z-L, Chu M-J, Sun J, Zhang X, et al. (E)-1, 3-diphenyl-1H-pyrazole derivatives containing O-benzyl oxime moiety as potential immunosuppressive agents: Design, synthesis, molecular docking and biological evaluation. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2016; 108:586-93. doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmech.2015.12.020
26. Mert S, Alım Z, İşgör MM, Beydemir Ş, Kasımoğulları R. The synthesis of novel pyrazole-3, 4-dicarboxamides bearing 5-amino-1, 3, 4-thiadiazole-2-sulfonamide moiety with effective inhibitory activity against the isoforms of human cytosolic carbonic anhydrase I and II. Bioorganic Chemistry. 2016; 68:64-71. doi.org/10.1016/j.bioorg.2016.07.006
27. Guillén E, González A, Basu PK, Ghosh A, Font-Bardia M, Calvet T, et al. The influence of ancillary ligands on the antitumoral activity of new cyclometallated Pt (II) complexes derived from an ferrocene-pyrazole hybrid. Journal of Organometallic Chemistry. 2017; 828:122-32. doi.org/10.1016/j.jorganchem.2016.11.031
28. Zhang H, Zhu P, Liu J, Lin Y, Yao H, Jiang J, et al. Synthesis, in vitro and in vivo antitumor activity of pyrazole-fused 23-hydroxybetulinic acid derivatives. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters. 2015; 25(3):728-32. doi.org/10.1016/j.bmcl.2014.11.058
29. PN B, Prathusha K, Chandu T, Sreevani MS, Rani PJ, Harini P. Synthesis, Characterization and Antimicrobial Activity of Some Synthesized Isoxazole and Pyrazole Derivatives.
30. Fahmy HH, Khalifa NM, Ismail MM, El-Sahrawy HM, Nossier ES. Biological validation of novel polysubstituted pyrazole candidates with in vitro anticancer activities. Molecules. 2016; 21(3):271. doi.org/10.3390/molecules21030271
31. Ismail MM, Khalifa NM, Fahmy HH, EL-Sahrawy HM, Nossier ES. Anticancer evaluation of novel 1, 3, 4-trisubstituted pyrazole candidates bearing different nitrogenous heterocyclic Moieties. Biomedical Research (0970-938X). 2016; 27(4).
32. Fahmy HH, Khalifa NM, Ismail M, El-Sahrawy HM, Nossier ES, Ali M. Biological Evaluation of Novel 1, 3-Diaryl-1H-Pyrazoles Incorporating Different Heterocyclic Ring Systems as Potent Cytotoxic Agents. Lat Am J Pharm. 2016; 35(6):1340-7.
33. Ismail MM, Khalifa NM, Fahmy HH, Nossier ES, Abdulla MM. Design, Docking, and Synthesis of Some New Pyrazoline and Pyranopyrazole Derivatives as Anti‐inflammatory Agents. Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry. 2014; 51(2):450-8. doi.org/10.1002/jhet.1757
34. Fahmy HH, Khalifa NM, Nossier ES, Abdalla MM, Ismai M. Synthesis and anti-inflammatory evaluation of new substituted 1-(3-chlorophenyl)-3-(4-methoxyphenyl)-1H-pyrazole derivatives. Acta Pol Pharm. 2012; 69:411-21.
35. Abd Razik B, Ezzat MO, Al-Shohani A. Molecular docking and design study for anticancer activity of flavonoid derivatives against breast cancer. Indian Drugs. 2020; 57:7-14. doi.org/10.53879/id.57.04.12202
36. Rocha GB, Freire RO, Simas AM, Stewart JJ. Rm1: A reparameterization of am1 for H, C, N, O, P, S, F, Cl, Br, and I. Journal of Computational Chemistry. 2006; 27(10):1101-11. doi.org/10.1002/jcc.20425
37. Cohen NC. Guidebook on molecular modeling in drug design: Gulf Professional Publishing; 1996.
38. Otuokere I, Amaku F, Alisa C. In silico geometry optimization, excited-state properties of (2E)-N-Hydroxy-3-[3-(Phenylsulfamoyl) Phenyl] prop-2-enamide (Belinostat) and its molecular docking studies with Ebola Virus glycoprotein. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2015; 5(3):131-7. doi.org/10.5958/2231-5691.2015.00020.9
39. Mahdi MF, Raauf AMR, Mohammed NM. Synthesis, characterization and preliminary pharmacological evaluation of new non-steroidal anti-inflammatory pyrazoline derivatives. European Journal of Chemistry. 2015; 6(4):461-7. doi.org/10.5155/eurjchem.6.4.461-467.1321
40. Ismaeel SS, Mahdi MF, Abd Razik BM. Molecular Drug Design, Synthesis and Antibacterial study of Novel 4-Oxothiazolidin-3-yl Derivatives. Al-Mustansiriyah Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences (AJPS). 2020; 20(2):1-10.
41. Kumar K, Singh B. Synthesis, characterization and anti-microbial activity of some 4-thiazolidinone conjugatives. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2020; 10(4).
42. Saravanan G, Alagarsamy V, Prakash C, Kumar PD, Selvam TP. Synthesis of novel thiazole derivatives as analgesic agents. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2011; 1(4):134-8.
43. Alam F, Dey BK, Korim R, Chakrabarty A. Synthesis, characterization, and biological evaluation of pyrazole derivatives. Journal of Global Trends in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2015; 6(1):2411-6.
44. Muhsin YF, Alwan SM, Khan AK. Design, Molecular Docking, Synthesis of Aromatic Amino Acids Linked to Cephalexin. AJPS. 2021:32.
45. Selvam TP, Saravanan G, Prakash C, Kumar PD. Microwave-Assisted synthesis, characterization and biological activity of novel pyrazole derivatives. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2011; 1(4):126-9.
46. Tirlapur VK, Noubade K. Synthesis, Characterization and Biological Activities of New Pyrimidines and Pyrazoles Derivative. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2010; 3(3):659-62.
47. Ali B, Monther F, Mohammed H. Design, synthesis, and hydrolysis study of mutual prodrugs of NSAIDS with different antioxidants via glycolic acid spacer‖. International Journal of Comprehensive Pharmacy. 2012; 1(3):3.
48. Jwaid MM, Ali KF, Abd-alwahab MH. Synthesis, Antibacterial study and ADME Evaluation of Novel Isonicotinoyl Hydrazide Derivative Containing 1,3,4-Oxadiazole Moiety. AJPS. 2020:113.
49. Rudyakova E, Savosik V, Papernaya L, Albanov A, Evstaf’eva I, Levkovskaya G. Synthesis and Reactions of Pyrazole-4-carbaldehydes. Russian Journal of Organic Chemistry. 2009; 45(7):1040-4. doi.org/10.1134/S1070428009070100