Safa Majeed Hameed, Sahar Aqeel Hussain, Alaa J. AL-Khkany
Safa Majeed Hameed1, Sahar Aqeel Hussain2, Alaa J. AL-Khkany3
1Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Education for Women, University of Kufa, Al-Najaf, 54001, Iraq.
2,3Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Kufa, Al-Najaf, 54001, Iraq.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 8,
Year - 2022
Highly sensitive method for separation and determination of micro amount of oxyanion for Mo(VI), W(VI), and Mn(VII) was performed. It has been done after formation of ion pair association complexes with Safranin as complexing agent including joint cloud point extraction with liquid ion exchange methods in the presence of non-ionic surfactant Triton X–100. The study is based on the values of wavelength of maximum absorbance, ?max= 536, 533, and 534nm respectively. Optimal conditions have been pinpointed high extraction efficiency needed for HCl concentration (1.0, 1.0 and 0.6) M respectively in the presence of 50µg metal ions in 10mL aqueous solutions. Besides, the stoichiometry of probable extracted structure of ion pair complexes was1:1:1 for all extracted complex, in addition to other effective parameters on extraction efficiency in this study.
Cite this article:
Safa Majeed Hameed, Sahar Aqeel Hussain, Alaa J. AL-Khkany. Extraction for Mo(VI), W(VI) and Mn(VII) as Oxyanions by Incorporation Cloud Point with Liquid Ion Exchange Methods. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(8):3685-9. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00618
Safa Majeed Hameed, Sahar Aqeel Hussain, Alaa J. AL-Khkany. Extraction for Mo(VI), W(VI) and Mn(VII) as Oxyanions by Incorporation Cloud Point with Liquid Ion Exchange Methods. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(8):3685-9. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00618 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-8-60
1. Shawket KJ, Russell YJ, and Emad Y. Liquid Ion Exchange Method for Separation and Extraction of Molybdate by use of Brilliant Green with Spectrophotometer Method of Determination. Journal of Advanced Chemical Sciences 2015; 1(4): 128–132.
2. Shawket KJ. Joined Liquid Ion Exchange with Cloud Point Extraction Methods for Separation and Determination of Cr(VI), Mn(VII). Journal of Kufa for Chemical Science 2016; 2(1): 1–17.
3. Shawket K. J., and Nadia M. M. Liquid Ion Exchange for Extraction and Spectrophotometric Determination of Tungestate WO4˭ by Use Azo-derivative. Journal of Kufa for Chemical Science 2015; 1(10): 8–20.
4. Bellato A.C.S., Gervasio A.P.G., and Giné M.F. Cloud point extraction of molybdenum in plants and determination by isotope dilution inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry. Journal of Analytical Atomic Spectrometry 2005; 20: 535–537.
5. Shawket K.J., and Ebaa A.A. Cloud Point Extraction Method for Separation and Preconcentration of Mg (II) as Anion Coupled with Spectrophotometric Applications. IMPACT: Journal of Research in Applied Natural and Social Sciences 2015; 1(2): 119–133.
6. Shawket K.J., Safa M.H., and Sahar A.H. Liquid Ion Exchange Application for Micro Amount Separation and Determination of Ca (II) and Mg(II) as Anions Species with EDTA. Oriental Journal of Chemistry 2017; 33(5): 2421-2429.
7. Shawket K.J., and Mustafa N.M.S. Cloud Point Extraction Methodology for Separation and Extraction Platinum (II) as Chloro Complex Anion Coupled with Spectrophotometric Method for Determination in Different Samples. Journal of Natural Sciences Research 2015; 5(3): 195–201.
8. Rezakazemi M., Khajeh A., and Mesbah M. Membrane filtration of wastewater from gas and oil production. Environmental Chemistry Letters 2018; 16(2): 1-22.
9. Rezakazemi M., Dashti A., Harami H.R., and Hajilari N. Fouling-resistant membranes for water reuse. Environmental Chemistry Letters 2018; 16(3): 1-49.
10. Marcos deAB, Marco A.Z.A., and Se´rgio L.C.F. Cloud Point Extraction as a Procedure of Separation and Pre-Concentration for Metal Determination Using Spectroanalytical Techniques: A Review. Applied Spectroscopy Reviews 2005; 40: 269–299.
11. Shawket K.J. CPE and Liquid ion exchange methods for extraction Cr(VI) and Mn(VII). 1st ed, Germany, Lambert Academic Publishing 2016.
12. Atkins P., and Paula J de. Physical Chemistry. 9th ed. Great Britain: Oxford University Press 2010.
13. Wael IM, Mohamed MH, and Ahmed AE (2014) Cloud point extraction of some precious metals using Triton X-114 and a thioamide derivative with a salting-out effect. Egyptian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences 1:184 -191.
14. Nobuko S., Masanobu M., and Hideyuki I. Cloud point extraction of Cu(II) using a mixture of triton X-100 and dithizone with a salting-out effect and its application to visual determination. Talanta 2013; 117: 376-381.
15. Sayed Z.M., Tayebeh S., Daryoush A., Mohammad A.T., and Yar M.B. Applicability of cloud point extraction for the separation trace amount of lead ion in environmental and biological samples prior to determination by flame atomic absorption spectrometry. Arabian Journal of Chemistry 2016; 9: S610–S615.