Fadi Hajjar, S. V. Goriainov, O. G. Potanina
Fadi Hajjar1*, S. V. Goriainov1, O. G. Potanina2
1Рeoples’ Friendship University of Russia (RUDN University), 117198, Moscow, Russia.
2Moscow State University 'M. V. Lomonosov' (MSU University), 119991, Moscow, Russia.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 8,
Year - 2022
The article presents quantitative determination content for the residual organic solvents in a combined herbal medicine based on motherwort herb (Herba Leonuri), hawthorn fruits (Crataegus spp.) and jacob’s ladder herb (Polemonium caeruleum L.), by the use of Gas Chromatography (GC) accompanied by Flame Ionization Detector (FID). In accordance to the requirements of Russia State pharmacopoeia 14th edition, General Pharmacopoeia Monograph 1.1.0008.15 "Residual organic solvents" and 188.8.131.52.0004.15 "Gas chromatography", the measurement of residual solvents is mandatory. You can now take advantage of GC equipment with faster temperature changes combined with shorter GC capillary columns to achieve significant efficiency gains and faster analysis times. In the present study, using a flame ionization detector, a gas chromatographic method for determining the residual levels of ethanol in a combined herbal medicine based on motherwort herb, hawthorn fruit and jacob’s ladder herb was tested, and the separation was performed on a column ZB-624 (G43 6% cyanopropylphenyl 94% dimethylpolysiloxane) using Agilent 7890?, with installation for Head Space analysis Agilent 7694?, USA, Agilent. The retention time of standard ethanol was 7.09 minutes. It resulted that the linearity for ethanol is between 10-150% of the rated content. The method was approved in accordance with Russia State pharmacopoeia 14th edition, General Pharmacopoeia Monograph 1.1.0012.15 "Validation of analytical methods". The described method is simple, sensitive, durable, reliable and reproducible for determining the quantitative content for the residual organic solvents in a combined herbal medicine based on motherwort herb, hawthorn fruits and jacob’s ladder herb.
Cite this article:
Fadi Hajjar, S. V. Goriainov, O. G. Potanina. Quantitative determination content for the Residual Organic Solvents in a combined drug based on Jacob's Ladder herbs, motherwort herbs and hawthorn fruit by GC- FID. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(8):3669-3. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00615
Fadi Hajjar, S. V. Goriainov, O. G. Potanina. Quantitative determination content for the Residual Organic Solvents in a combined drug based on Jacob's Ladder herbs, motherwort herbs and hawthorn fruit by GC- FID. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(8):3669-3. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00615 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-8-57
1. A. Ismail and Y. Alahmad. Determination of ethanol and n-hexane residues in bulk rosuvastatin and atorvastatin and their dosage forms using HS-GC-MS developed method: Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2018; 11(11): 4829-4836. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2018.00878.8.
2. S. Srinivasa Rao, A. Vijayalakshmi. Analytical Method Development and Validation of Glipizide to Determine Residual solvents by head Space-Gas Chromatography. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(5):2440-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00429.
3. International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) of Technical Requirement for Registration of Pharmaceutical for Human Use. Topic Q3C (R8), Validation of Analytical Procedure.2021 Available from: http:// www.ich.org.
4. Venkateswarlu B S. A Review on – “Estimation of Residual Solvents by Different Analytical Methods”. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research.2021.
5. Logoyda Liliya. Method development and validation for the determination of residual solvents in quinabut API by using gas chromatography; Pharmacia, 2021. DOI 10.3897/pharmacia.68.e52119.
6. State Pharmacopoeia of the Russian Federation 14th edition, volume I // Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation. 2018.
7. Akesh K. Joshi, Bipin C. Joshi, Mukul K. Sati. Chemical and Chemotaxonomic Aspects of Some Aromatic and Medicinal Plants Species from Utrrakhand: A Review. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2014; Vol. 4: Issue 3, Pg 157-162.
8. J. Ramesh Babu, J. Suhasini. Residual Solvents in Bendamustine Hydrochloride By Headspace Chromatography. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2018; 8(1):07-12. doi: 10.5958/2231-5675.2018.00002.9.
9. The United States Pharmacopoeia, USP43/NF38. Residual solvents. The United States Pharmacopeial Convention. Rockville (MD). USA. 2020.
10. S. Alahmad and M. Almardini. Validated HS-GC-FID Method for Determination of Residual Ethanol in Solid Dosage Form. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 7(2): Feb. 2014; Page 184-187.
11. JY Nehete and VV Shewale. Gas Chromatographic Ethanol Determination in Bhunimbadi Kwath. Research J. Pharm. and Tech.2 (4): Oct.-Dec. 2009; Page 876-877.
12. G. Vaishnavi, M. Durga Srinivasa Rao, P. Venkatesh, D. Hepcykalarani, R. Prema. A Review on Anesthetic Herbs. Res. J. Pharmacognosy and Phytochem. 2020; 12(1):. 52-56. doi: 10.5958/0975-4385.2020.00010.2.
13. Logeshwari. J.. Valerian Tea Improves the Sleep Quality of Senior Citizens. Int. J. Adv. Nur. Management 3(2): April- June, 2015; Page 127-130.
14. G. Vaishnavi, M. Durga Srinivasa Rao, P. Venkatesh, D. Hepcykalarani, R. Prema. A Review on Anesthetic Herbs. Res. J. Pharmacognosy and Phytochem. 2020; 12(1):. 52-56. doi: 10.5958/0975-4385.2020.00010.2.
15. S. Kothari, Manohar V. Lokhande. Method of Validation for Residual Solvents in Bisoprolol Fumarate by GC Technique. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2021; 11(3):147-5. doi: 10.52711/2231-5691.2021.00028.
16. State Pharmacopoeia of the Russian Federation 14 th edition, volume II // Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation. 2018.
17. T.B. Patrudu and Suneel Kumar. A New Analytical Method Validation and Quantification of Residual Solvents in Telmisartan Bulk Drug Product by Headspace gas Chromatographic Method. Research J. Science and Tech. 2018; 10(2):98-104. doi: 10.5958/2349-2988.2018.00014.1.