New mixed ligand complexes were prepared from 2-Amino-4-nitrophenol (HL1) with curcumin (HL2) and some metal ions M = [ Mn (II), Co (II), Ni (II), Zn (II), Cd (II), Hg(II)], 1:1:1 Molar ratio by using ethanol as a solvent. The complexes were characterized by spectroscopic measurements (UV spectrum, IR spectrum, mass spectrometry, atomic absorption) along with chlorine content, magnetic sensitivity, melting point, elements analysis (C.H.N), molar conductivity. The octahedral geometry was proposed for all complexes prepared according to the results obtained. The biological activity of ligands and all prepared complexes were estimated for three types of bacterial, are [Bacillus subtilis, Eterobactern and Escherichia Coli). The results shown biological activity against the types of bacteria for most of the synthesized complexes compared with ligands.
Cite this article:
Shaimaa Ahmad Hassan, Widyan Flayih Hassan. Structural and Spectral studies of new mixed Ligand complexes for 2-Amino-4-nitrophenol with some Metallic ions and Evaluation their Biological Activities. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(8):3634-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00608
Shaimaa Ahmad Hassan, Widyan Flayih Hassan. Structural and Spectral studies of new mixed Ligand complexes for 2-Amino-4-nitrophenol with some Metallic ions and Evaluation their Biological Activities. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(8):3634-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00608 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-8-50
1. I.E. Otuokere, M.C. Ndukwe, D. Akachukwu. Synthesis, Characterization and Antimalarial Studies of Cd(II), Cu(I) and Ni(II) Complexes of 5-(4-chlorophenyl)-6-ethyl-2,4-Pyrimidinediamine and 4-Amino-N-(5,6-dimethoxy-4-pyrimidinyl) benzenesulfonamide Mixed Ligand. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2014; Vol. 4: Issue 4, Oct.-Dec., Pg 211-217.
2. Abdulbaset A. Zaid, Mazahar Farooqui, D.M. Janrao. The Determination of the Stability Constants of Mixed Ligand Complexes of Ascorbic Acid, Pyridoxine HCl and Some Amino Acids with Some Metal Ions by Potentiometric Titration Method. Asian J. Research Chem. 4(10): Oct., 2011; Page 1630-1631.
3. Miad. H. Jebur, Raheem. T. Mahdi, Abid Allah. M. Ali. Preparation and Identification of Some Metal Complexes with Mixed Heterocyclic Azo Ligands. Asian J. Research Chem. 6(12): December 2013; Page 1156-1159.
4. Hiyam Hadi Alkam, Eman Mutar Atiyah, Noor Mohammed Majeed, Wasan Mohammed Alwan; Systematic Reviews in Pharmacy; (2021), 12(1), 107-115.
5. A. Anto Arockia Raj, J.Vinnarasi, R. Venkataraman. Synthesis, Characterization and Biological Activity of Mixed Ligand Complexes of Isatin. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 6(10): October 2013; Page 1121-1123.
6. FilomenG. i et al; Carcinogenesis; 30(7),1115-1124 (2009).
7. Sweetha G., Sangeetha B., Prabhu S. A Review on Curcumin Nanoparticles and Its Controlled Delivery to Treat Degenerative Diseases. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2013; Vol. 3: Issue 4, Pg 218-222
8. Hassan, Shaimaa Ahmad, and Sajid Mahmood Lateef. "Synthesis, structural, thermal and biological studies for new Schiff base derived from Isoniazid and it's complexes with metal ions." Egyptian Journal of Chemistry 64.7, (2021),3235-3243. https://orcid.org/0000-0001-5635-9889
9. Sharma K. et al; Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molec. and Biomolec Spectroscopy; 76, (2010) 45.
10. Herman Y. L. Wihastyoko, Setyawati Soeharto, Edi Widjajanto, Kusworini, Bambang Pardjianto. Biological Activity of Papain and Papain-like (Cathepsin-K and Cathepsin-B) Enzymes as Therapeutical Modality Candidates in Degrading Collagen in Abnormal Scar. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(9):4957-2.
11. Rajeev Kumar, Sivadhar Sharma. Synthesis, Spectroscopic, Thermal studies and Biological activity of a new Schiff base and its Copper Complexes. Research J. Science and Tech. 2020; 12(4):251-256.
12. Onyenze U., Otuokere I.E., Igwe J. C. Co(II) and Fe(II) mixed ligand complexes of Pefloxacin and Ascorbic acid: Synthesis, Characterization and Antibacterial Studies. Research J. Science and Tech. 2016; 8(4):215-220.
13. Nagham Mahmood Aljamali, Intisar O. Alfatlawi. Synthesis of Sulfur Heterocyclic Compounds and Study of Expected Biological Activity. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 8(9): Sept, 2015; Page 1225-1242.
14. Gundu Mallikarjun. Synthesis, Characterization and Biological Activity of Schiff Base Metal Complexes. Asian J. Research Chem. 2017; 10(4):587-592.
15. Mohana K.N. et al; International Journal of Drug Design and Discovery, 3, (2011) 584.
16. ocrates G., "Infrared Characteristic Group Frequencies" Wiley, New York. (1980).
17. Hassan, Shaimaa A., Sajid M. Lateef, and Ismaeel Y. Majeed. "Structural, Spectral and Thermal studies of new bidentate Schiff base ligand type (NO) derived from Mebendazol and 4-Aminoantipyrine and its metal complexes and evaluation of their Biological activity."; Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology; 13.6, (2020), 3001-3006. https://orcid.org/0000-0001-5635-9889
18. Nath P. et al; J.Chem.Pharm.Res.,4(1), 851- 865 (2012).
19. George S., Infrared and Raman Characteristic Group Frequencies, Formerly of Brunel, The University of West London, Middlesex.UK, 2010.
20. Priya R., Department of Applied Chemistry Cochin University of Science and Technology, 2013.
21. Chandak BG, Sarpate RV, Chatterjee NR, Baheti KG. Synthesis, Spectral Studies and Biological Activity of Some 1, 5-Benzodiazepine Derivatives. Research J. Pharm. and Tech.3 (3): July-Sept. 2010; Page 938-941.
22. K. A. Maher and S. R. Mohammed; Int J Cur Res Rev, Vol. 7 (2), (2015), 6-16.
23. K. Rajasekar and T. Ramachandramoorthy; Int. J. Pharm. Bio. Sci.; Vol. 4(2), (2013), 271-276.
24. Eissa H.H.; J.BAOJ.Chem.; 001, 1, (2015), 1-9.
25. Salloom, Hawraa K., Sajid M. Lateef, and Shaimaa A. Hassan. "Structural, Spectral and Thermal Studies of Novel Tridentate Schiff Base Ligand Type (NOO) as Donor Atoms Derived from Nalidixic Acid and 4-Aminoantipyrine and Metal Complexes and Evaluation of their Biological Activity." Journal of Global PharmaTechnology 12.2, (2020), 26-36. https://orcid.org/0000-0001-5635-9889
26. J. Joseph and G. B. Janaki; J. of Photochem. & Photobio., B: Biology; Vol. 162, (2016), 86–92
27. M. Shakir, S. Hanif, M.A. Sherwani, O. Mohammad, M. Azam and S. Al-Resayes ; J. of Photochem. & Photobiol., B: Biology; Vol. 157, (2016), 39–56
28. Ahmed S. A. et al; Journal of Kirkuk University –Scie.c Stud.; Vol. 4(2), (2009), 37-45.
29. B.Anupama, M.Padmaja and C.G.Kumari ; E-Journal of Chem. ; Vol. 1, (2012) , 389-400.
30. Hassan, Shaimaa A., Sajid M. Lateef, and Ismaeel Y. Majeed. "Structural, Spectral and Thermal Studies of New Bidentate Schiff Base Ligand Type (NN) Derived from Mebendazol and 2- Aminobenzothaizol and its Metal Complexes and Evaluation of their Biological Activity."; Journal of Global Pharma Technology; 10.7, 307-317, (2018). https://orcid.org/0000-0001-5635-9889
31. S Hossain, C. M. Zakaria, Kudrat-E-Zahan. Structural and Biological Activity Studies on Metal Complexes Containing Thiosemicarbzone and Isatin Based Schiff Base: A Review. Asian J. Research Chem. 2017; 10(1):6-13.
32. Sameena Mehtab, Harpreet Parmar, Tanveer Irshad Siddiqi, Atanu Singha Roy. Determination of Protein Binding Affinities and Investigation into the Antimicrobial Activities of Cu(II), Co(II) and Ni(II) Mixed Ligand Complexes. Asian J. Research Chem 8(2): February 2015; Page 99-107.
33. Kudrat-E-Zahan, Md. Abul Bashar, Md. Faruk Hossen, M. Saidul Islam. Synthesis, Spectroscopic, Magnetic and Biological Activity of Cr(III) and Fe(III) Complexes with Amino Acids and Heterocyclic Amines. Asian J. Research Chem 8(2): February 2015; Page 74-76.
34. Rana Neama, Nagham Mahmood Aljamali, Majid Jari. Synthesis, Identification of Heterocyclic Compounds and Study of Biological Activity. Asian J. Research Chem. 7(7): July 2014; Page 664-676.
35. Miad. H. Jebur, Raheem. T. Mahdi, Abid Allah. M. Ali. Preparation and Identification of Some Metal Complexes with Mixed Heterocyclic Azo Ligands. Asian J. Research Chem. 6(12): December 2013; Page 1156-1159.
36. Y.K.Gupta, Vinita Gupta, Sanchita Singh. Synthesis, Characterization and Antibacterial Activity of Some 4-Thiazolidinones Derivatives. Asian J. Research Chem. 5(9): September, 2012; Page 1155-1158.