Nuha Salman Salih, Widad Ibrahem Yahya, Hutham Mahmood Yousif Al-Labban, Ahmed Abduljabbar Jaloob Aljanaby
email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Nuha Salman Salih1, Widad Ibrahem Yahya2, Hutham Mahmood Yousif Al-Labban3, Ahmed Abduljabbar Jaloob Aljanaby4*
1,2,3University of Kufa, Faculty of Science, Department of Chemistry, Iraq.
4University of Kufa, Faculty of Science, Department of Biology, Iraq.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 8,
Year - 2022
Preparation of Schiff bases compounds (A, B, and C) in absolute ethanol using concentrated phenyl hydrazine and various aromatic aldehydes such as (4-chlrobenzaldehyde aldehyde, 4-bromobenzaldehyde, N, N-dimethyl amino benzaldehyde). Melting point, FT, has been used to classify these compounds (A, B, and C). The reactions phases and series were studied using IR spectroscopy and thin layer chromatography (TLC) (ethyl acetate: toluene, 1:4). Three derivate compounds were used as antibacterial activity in this study. The results proved that all derivative compounds provided good inhibition zone against Staphylococcus aureus and pseudomonas aeruginosa especially in concentration 300mg/ml of derivative compound C with diameter inhibition zone 21.433±0.676 and 625.33±0.796 respectively.
Cite this article:
Nuha Salman Salih, Widad Ibrahem Yahya, Hutham Mahmood Yousif Al-Labban, Ahmed Abduljabbar Jaloob Aljanaby. Schiff bases compounds prepared from Phenyl hydrazine as a starting material were Synthesized, Characterized, and their Biological activity was Investigated. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(8):3595-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00602
Nuha Salman Salih, Widad Ibrahem Yahya, Hutham Mahmood Yousif Al-Labban, Ahmed Abduljabbar Jaloob Aljanaby. Schiff bases compounds prepared from Phenyl hydrazine as a starting material were Synthesized, Characterized, and their Biological activity was Investigated. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(8):3595-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00602 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-8-44
1. Park JK, Chung YM, Kim BG, Yoo YA, Yang BS, Kim JS, Do Yoo Y. N′-(phenyl-pyridin-2-yl-methylene)-hydrazine carbodithioic acid methyl ester enhances radiation-induced cell death by targeting Bcl-2 against human lung carcinoma cells. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics. 2004;3(4):403-7.
2. Lattová E, Skřičková J, Zdráhal Z. Applicability of phenylhydrazine labeling for structural studies of fucosylated N-glycans. Analytical Chemistry. 2019;91(13):7985-90. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.analchem.9b01321
3. Lattová E, Perreault H. Method for investigation of oligosaccharides using phenylhydrazine derivatization. Glycomics. 2009:65-77. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-59745-022-5_5
4. Turhan O, Tezbaşaran E. In situ observation of ninhydrin and phenylhydrazine reaction in solution by FTIR. Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy. 2013;113:297-301. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.saa.2013.05.002
5. Arduini A, Stern A. Spectrin degradation in intact red blood cells by phenylhydrazine. Biochemical Pharmacology. 1985 Dec 15;34(24):4283-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/0006-2952(85)90286-2
6. Bräse S, Gil C, Knepper K, Zimmermann V. Organic azides: an exploding diversity of a unique class of compounds. Angewandte Chemie International Edition. 2005 Aug 19;44(33):5188-240. https://doi.org/10.1002/anie.200400657
7. Al-Labban HMY. Synthesis, characterization and study of biological activity of some new 1, 2, 3, 4-Tetrazole derivatives. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2017;10(10):3645-52. DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2017.00662.X
8. Al-Labban HMY, Aljanaby AAJ. Synthesis, Characterization and study biological activity of some Schiff bases derivatives from 4-amino antipyrine as a starting material. In Journal of Physics: Conference Series 2019 (Vol. 1294, pp. 0-8). doi:10.1088/1742-6596/1294/5/052007
9. Witwit IN, Mubark HM, Al-Labban HMY, Aljanaby AAJ. Synthesis and characterization of new imidazole azo ligand with some of transition metal ions, and their biological effect on two pathogenic bacteria of burn patients. International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2019; 10(3): 1847-1856. DOI: https://doi.org/10.26452/ijrps.v10i3.1382
10. Adam RW, Al-Labban HMY, Aljanaby AAJ, Abbas NA. Synthesis, Characterization and Antibacterial Activity of Some Novel 1, 2, 3-Triazol-Chalcone Derivatives from N-Acetyl-5H-Dibenzo [b, f] Azepine-5-Carboxamide. Nano Biomed. Eng. 2019;11(2):99-110. doi: 10.5101/nbe.v11i2.p99-110.
11. Patil S, Prabhu S, Jolly CI, Narayanan S. Antibacterial and Anti-Diarrhoel Activities of Flowers of Punica granatum Linn. Research Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics. 2009: 1(2):87-9.
12. Senthilkumar G, Josphine A, Madhanraj P, Panneerselvam A. Antibacterial Activity of Aspergillus oryzae against some Human Pathogens. Research Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics. 2011;3(5):250-2.
13. MacFaddin JF. Biochemical Tests for Identification of Medical Bacteria, Williams and Wilkins. 2000: Philadelphia, PA, 113.
1. 12. Aljanaby AAJ. Antibacterial activity of an aqueous extract of Petroselinum crispum leaves against pathogenic bacteria isolated from patients with burns infections in Al-najaf Governorate, Iraq. Research on Chemical Intermediates. 2013; 39(8), 3709-3714.77
14. Aljanaby AAJ, Aljanaby IAJ. Prevalence of aerobic pathogenic bacteria isolated from patients with burn infection and their antimicrobial susceptibility patterns in Al-Najaf City, Iraq-a three-year cross-sectional study. F1000Research. 2018; 7(1157), 1157. https://doi.org/10.12688/f1000research.15088.1
15. Majeed HTY, Aljanaby AAJ. Antibiotic susceptibility patterns and prevalence of some extended spectrum beta-lactamases genes in gram-negative bacteria isolated from patients infected with urinary tract infections in Al-Najaf City, Iraq. Avicenna journal of medical biotechnology. 2019;11(2):192.
16. Aljanaby AAJ, Gafil FA. Effect of different antibiotics on aerobic pathogenic bacteria and urinary tract infection in Al-Manathera City, Iraq: a comparative study. Research on Chemical Intermediates. 2013;39(8):3679-87.
17. Banu MS, Sujatha K. Antimicrobial potential of ethanolic extract of Psidium guajava leaf and its isolated fraction against some pathogenic microorganisms. Research Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics. 2012: 4(3):3.
18. Markandeya AG, Firke NP, Gore SS, Gawali SS, Pingale SS. Antibacterial Activity of Celocia argentea Leaves Extract in Organic Solvents. Research Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics. 2014: 6(2):79-81.
19. Aljanaby AAJ, Aljanaby IAJ. Profile of Antimicrobial Resistance of Aerobic Pathogenic Bacteria isolated from Different Clinical Infections in Al-Kufa Central Hospital–Iraq During period from 2015 to 2017. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2017: 10(10):3264-70. DOI : 10.5958/0974-360X.2017.00579.0
20. Al-Labban HMY. Synthesis, characterization and study of biological activity of some new 1, 2, 3, 4-Tetrazole derivatives. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2017: 10(10):3645-52.
21. Adak S, Chakraborty D, Maji HS, Basu S, Roy P, Mitra S, Mukherjee N, Barik S, Goswami A. Comparison of the antimicrobial activity of the phyto-constituents obtained from the stem bark and leaf extracts of Phyllanthus emblica L. against different strains of Staphylococcus aureus and Salmonella typhi. Research Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics. 2018: 10(2):53-60. DOI : 10.5958/2321-5836.2018.00009.5
22. Kumar AS, Mazumder A, Vanitha J, Ganesh M, Venkateshwaran K, Saravanan VS, Sivakumar T. Antibacterial Activity of Methanolic Extract of Sesbania Grandiflora (Fabaceae). Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2008;1(1):59-60.
23. Kamalakannan K, Kumar U, Kandpal KC, Minz S, Pradhan M, Saravanakumar A, Sivakumar T. Isolation and screening of endophytic actinomycetes producing antibacterial compound from different parts of Citrus aurantifolia. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2008: 1(2):112-5.
24. Devi P, Meera R, Kameswari B. Diuretic and antimicrobial activity of leaves of Limnophila rugosa. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2009: 2(1):212-3.
25. Mokle SS, Sayyed MA, Vibhute AY, Khansole SV, Nalwar YS, Vibhute YB. Synthesis of Some New Bioactive Chalcones and Flavones. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2009;2(4):846-9.
26. Ballesteros B, Tobias G, Shao L, Pellicer E, Nogués J, Mendoza E. Green ML et al Steam Purification for the Removal of Graphitic Shells Coating Catalytic Particles and the Shortening of Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes. Small. 2008; 4(9):1501-6.doi.org/10.1021/ja061680u
27. Honmane S, Hajare A, More H, Osmani RAM, Salunkhe S. Lung delivery of nanoliposomal salbutamol sulfate dry powder inhalation for facilitated asthma therapy. Journal of Liposome Research 2019; 29(4):332–342. doi.org/10.1080/08982104.2018.1531022