Shirin Turzhigitova, Nurtleu Zamanbekov, Yerganat Korabayev, Zhambul Kaziyev, Almas Tuganbay
Shirin Turzhigitova*, Nurtleu Zamanbekov, Yerganat Korabayev, Zhambul Kaziyev, Almas Tuganbay
Kazakh National Agrarian Research University, 8 Abay Avenue, Almaty, 050010, Kazakhstan.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 8,
Year - 2022
This paper provides information on the technology of manufacturing dosage forms from local plant materials. According to the developed technique, alcohol, water extracts and tincture from the collection of medicinal plants were prepared. Studies have revealed that in order to obtain a larger amount of concentrated extract, it is better to use distilled water as an extractant for plantain leaves, foalfoot and oregano herbs, and 70% ethyl alcohol for licorice root and horsetail herb. The results obtained indicate that extracts of medicinal plants have a pronounced antibacterial effect against pathogenic pathogens St. aureus, St. pyogenes, E. coli. The acute toxicity and cumulative properties of the extracts were determined. It was found that the prepared extracts from the collection of medicinal plants did not have a pronounced toxic effect on the body of white mice and rats, as evidenced by the absence of obvious negative effects on the clinical and morphological parameters of blood. The results of measuring the absolute mass of the body and internal organs showed that under the influence of the extracts, their growth was stimulated, which indicated the absence of a harmful organotropic effect. It was revealed that phytopreparations do not potentiate the effect of histamine, as evidenced by their lack of allergenic properties. Biochemical studies of blood serum in rats receiving phytopreparations revealed shifts in the quantitative content of protein, glucose, urea, and aminotransferase activity, and these parameters were within the physiological norm, and morphological parameters also did not exceed physiological parameters.
Cite this article:
Shirin Turzhigitova, Nurtleu Zamanbekov, Yerganat Korabayev, Zhambul Kaziyev, Almas Tuganbay. Technology for Obtaining Dosage Forms (Tinctures, Extracts) from Local Plant Raw Materials and studying their Toxicity. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(8):3540-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00594
Shirin Turzhigitova, Nurtleu Zamanbekov, Yerganat Korabayev, Zhambul Kaziyev, Almas Tuganbay. Technology for Obtaining Dosage Forms (Tinctures, Extracts) from Local Plant Raw Materials and studying their Toxicity. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(8):3540-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00594 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-8-36
1. Avakayants BM. Medicinal plants in veterinary medicine. Aquarium, Moscow. 2001; 336 p.
2. Vishnevets ZhV. Prusakova AA. Goncharenko VV. The use of medicinal plants in veterinary medicine. In Collection of articles based on the materials of the XIV international scientific and practical conference "Agrarian science for agriculture", February 7-8, 2019, Barnaul, Russia. Book 2. RIO Altai GAU, Barnaul. 2019; 269-271.
3. Humer M. Scheller G. Kapellen T. Use of medicine in German chiller-prevalence, indications and motivation. Deutsche medizinische Wochenschrift 2010; 135(19):959-964.
4. Pastushenkov LV. Pastushenkov AL. Pastushenkov VL. Medicinal plants. Use in folk medicine and everyday life. 5th Edition. BHV-Petersburg, St. Petersburg. 2012; 432 p.
5. Korobov AV. Medicinal and poisonous plants in veterinary medicine. Lan', St. Petersburg; Moscow; Krasnodar. 2007; 127 p.
6. State register of medicines of Kazakhstan. Available at: http://sac.dari.kz/register.php/mainpage/reestr/lang/ru
7. Guskov V. Marzilovich O. State and forecast of development of the pharmaceutical market in Kazakhstan. BTA Analytics, Almaty. 2008; 23-25. Available at: https://bta.kz/files/9-farma_main.pdf
8. Marzian O. Treatment of acute bronchitis in children and adolescents. Non-interventional postmarketing surveillance study confirms the benefit and safety of a syrup made of extracts from thyme and ivy leaves. MMW Fortschritte der Medizin 2007; 28(149):69-74.
9. Beer AM. Loew D. Medicinal plants for infections of the upper and lower respiratory tract practical recommendations. MMW Fortschritte der Medizin 2008; 150(41): 29-33.
10. Kravchenko IA. Pirogov's collections and their application in veterinary medicine. Siberian Regional Journal "uDachka" 2017; 3(169):34.
11. Imran M. Rasool N. Rizwan K. Zubair M. Riaz M. Zia-Ul-Haq M. Rana UA. Nafady A. Jaafar HZ. Chemical composition and biological studies of Ficus benjamina. Chemistry Central Journal 2014; 8(1):12. doi.org/10.1186/1752-153X-8-12
12. Turzhigitova ShB. Zamanbekov NA. Korabayev YeM. Kobdikova NK. Umbetzhanov KZh. Influence of collection from medicinal plants on humoral indices of nonspecific resistance of the body of calves. In Collection of articles based on the materials of the XII international scientific and practical conference, November 26, 2018, Barnaul, Russia. Dendra, Ufa. 2018; 146-152.
13. Kumar S. Pandey AK. Chemistry and biological activities of flavonoids: An overview. The Scientific World Journal 2013; 2013(11-12):162750. doi.org/10.1155/2013/162750
14. Mawa S. Husain K. Jantan I. Ficus carica L. (Moraceae): Phytochemistry, traditional uses and biological activities. Evidence-based complementary and alternative medicine 2013; 2013(3):974256. doi.org/10.1155/2013/974256
15. Reshetko OV. Gorshkova NV. Lutsevich KL. The current state and problems of using herbal medicines. Remedium 2008; 12:22-26.
16. Nikitina AS. Pharmacognostic study of Moldavian dragonhead and medicinal hyssop in order to substantiate its use in pharmacy and medicine: dis. ... candidate of pharmaceutical sciences. Pyatigorsk State Pharmaceutical Academy, Pyatigorsk, Russia. 2008.
17. Shagiakhmetov YuS. Pharmacological characteristics of preparations of plants of the genus INULA and their use in veterinary medicine: dis. ... of Doctor of Veterinary Sciences. Ural State Academy of Veterinary Medicine, Troitsk, Russia. 2008.
18. Zhylgeldieva AA. Zamanbekov NA. Korabaev EM. Kobdikova NK. Baimurzaeva MS. Influence of pituitary cytotoxic serum on hummaral and cellular factors of nonspecifis resistanse of calves organisms. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research 2018; 10(11):2985-2989.
19. Turzhigitova ShB. Zamanbekov NA. Korabayev YeM. Kobdikova NK. Zhylgeldieva AA. The influence of the collection of medicinal plants on some indicators of the cellular immunity of calves with bronchopneumonia. In Materials of the International scientific and practical conference "New questions in modern science", November 30, 2019, Sofia, Bulgaria. SORoS Publishing House; Research Center "World of Science". 2019; 78-85. Available at: http://science-peace.ru/files/NVSN_2019.pdf
20. Khabriev RU. Guidelines for experimental (preclinical) study of new pharmacological agents. 2nd Edition revised and enlarged. OAO "Medicine" Publishing House, Moscow. 2005; 832 p.
21. Tikhonov AI. Yarnykh TG. Technology of dosage forms. Publishing House of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine "Golden Pages", Kharkov. 2002.
22. Chowdhury A. Paul P. Nath D. Bhattacharjee MK. Antimicrobial efficacy of orchid extracts as potential inhibitors of antibiotic resistant strains of Escherichia coli. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research 2013; 6(3):108-111.
23. Biryukov IV. Study of the toxicity of the preparation from St.-John's-wort on calves. In Materials of XV International scientific and practical conference "Agricultural science for agriculture". Book 2. Altai State Agrarian University, Barnaul. 2020; 288-290.
24. Arzybayev M. Pharmacotoxicological studies in veterinary medicine in Kyrgyzstan. In Proceedings of the interdepartmental scientific-practical conference, Edited by Kasymov TK. Kara-Balta. 2001; 229-235.
25. Turzhigitova ShB. Zamanbekov NA. Korabayev YeM. Kobdikova NK. Zhylgeldieva AA. New environmentally safe phytopreparation increasing the protective function of calves. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2021; 14(2):887-894. doi.org/10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00158.X
26. Wang G-X. Zhang J. Liao J-X. Wang J-L. Hydropassive editense and effective factors in stomatal oscillations of Glicyrrhiza inflata under desert conditions. Plant Science 2001; 160(5):1007-1013. doi.org/10.1016/s0168-9452(01)00344-2
27. Onwudiwe NN. Njoku OU. Joshua PE. Phytochemical Analysis and Acute Toxicity/ Lethality Study of Ethanol Extract of Eugenia uniflora Pulp. Research J. Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry 2010; 2(4):336-339.
28. Baghel SS. Dangi S. Soni P. Singh P. Shivhare Y. Acute Toxicity Study of Aqueous Extract of Coccinia indica (Roots). Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2011; 1(1):23-25.
29. Malathi R. Ahamed John S. Cholarajan A. Tylophora asthmatica L. Prevents Lipid Peroxidation in Acetaminophen Induced Hepato Toxicity in Rats. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2011; 1(3):71-73.
30. Maheswari C. Meenakshi K. Babu P. Venkat Narayanan R. Protective Effect of Butea monospermia Flowers Against Gentamycin Induced Renal Toxicity. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2011; 4(12):1898-1900.
31. Potl N. Maske N. Verma S. Satyanarayan S. Toxicity Evaluation of Raw and Bacterial Strain Treated Slaughterhouse Wastewater on Fish Lebistes reticulatus (Peter). Research J. Science and Tech. 2012; 4(6):258-261.
32. Mansoori AN. Gautam RK. Tiwari PC. A Review on Genotoxicity. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2014; 4(3):162-165.
33. Shoaib A. Recent advances in Pharmacology and Toxicology of Phytopharmaceuticals. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2017; 7(4):222-224. doi.org/10.5958/2231-5691.2017.00034.X
34. Ramakrishnan S. Venkataraman R. Effect of Ethanolic root extract of Aporosa lindleyana on hepatic and renal marker enzymic status of INH-RIF induced toxicity on male albino wistar Rats. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2020; 10(1):11-16 doi.org/10.5958/2231-5659.2020.00003.X
35. Atoussi O. Chetehouna S. Derouiche S. Biological properties and Acute Toxicity Study of Copper oxide nanoparticles prepared by aqueous leaves extract of Portulaca oleracea (L). Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2020; 10(2):89-94. doi.org/10.5958/2231-5691.2020.00017.9
36. Tanuja Y. Sachin R. Acute Toxicity study of Synthesized drug and Herbal Product. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 2021; 11(4):251-6. doi.org/10.52711/2231-5691.2021.00044