Bhoomi Dineshkumar Patel, Anamika Mishra, Ankit Chaudhary
Bhoomi Dineshkumar Patel1*, Anamika Mishra2, Ankit Chaudhary3
1Associate Professor, Saraswati Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dhanap, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India – 382355.
1Research Scholar, RK University, Rajkot, Gujarat, India – 360020.
2Student, Saraswati Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dhanap, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India – 382355.
3Principal and Professor, Saraswati Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dhanap, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India – 382355.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 8,
Year - 2022
A simple, rapid, economical, precise and accurate RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of praziquantel, pyrental pamoate and febantel in their combined dosage form has been developed. A validated RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of pyrental pamoate, praziquantel, febantel in tablet dosage form has been developed. The separation was achieved by C18 column (250 x 4.6mm, 5µm particle size) with mobile phase of Buffer: ACN (60:40% v/v) pH 3.0, at a flowrate of 1mL/min and effluent was monitored at 240nm using PDA detector. Retention time of praziqunatel, pyrental pamoate and febantel was found to be 2.587 min, 5.970 min and 8.401 min respectively. The method has been validated for linearity, accuracy, precision, specificity, limit of detection and limit of quanitzation. Linearity was found in the range of 6.25-18.75 µg/ml, 18-54 µg/ml and 18.75-56.25 µg/ml for praziquantel, pyrental pamoate and febantel. The recoveries for praziquantel, pyrental pamoate and febantel were found to be 99.76 ± 0.211%, 99.77 ± 0.490% and 99.61± 0.241 respectively in tablet. The percentage assay of three drugs were found to be 96.82%,97.66% and 96.92% for Praziquantel, Pyrental pamoate and Febantel respectively. Developed method was found to be new, accurate, precise and robust for simultaneous estimation of praziquantel, pyrental pamoate and febantel in tablet dosage form. The proposed method enables rapid quantification and simultaneous analysis of three drugs from commercial formulations without any excipients interference.
Cite this article:
Bhoomi Dineshkumar Patel, Anamika Mishra, Ankit Chaudhary. RP - HPLC Method Development and Validation for Simultaneous Estimation of Pyrantel Pamoate, Praziquantel, Febantel in Tablet. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(8):3535-9. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00593
Bhoomi Dineshkumar Patel, Anamika Mishra, Ankit Chaudhary. RP - HPLC Method Development and Validation for Simultaneous Estimation of Pyrantel Pamoate, Praziquantel, Febantel in Tablet. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(8):3535-9. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00593 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-8-35
1. Worm infestation in dogs. https://wagwalking.com/condition/worm-infestations
2. "Drug profile for Praziquantel", March-2005 https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/4891
3. Pontes FLD, Pontarolo R, Campos FR, Gasparetto JC, Cardoso MA, Piantavini MS and Trindade ACLB: Development and validation of an HPLC-MS/MS method for simultaneous determination of Ivermectin, Febantel Praziquantel, Pyrantel pamoate and related compounds in fixed dose combination. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. 2013; 6: 191-200.
4. G Morovján, P Csokán, L Makranszki. E A Abdellah-Nagy, K Tóth: Determination of fenbendazole, praziquantel and pyrantel pamoate in dog plasma by high-performance liquid chromatography, Journal of Chromatography. A. 1998 Feb 27;797(1-2):237-44. doi: 10.1016/s0021-9673(97)01195-3.
5. Sonali Mahaparale, Diksha Banju. Recent Analytical Methods of Anti-Helmintic Agents. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2019; 9(3):209-218. doi: 10.5958/2231-5691.2019.00035.2
6. Rajesh R. Jithu Jerin James: A validated RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of pyrantel pamoate and praziquantel in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 11 (5), 2019.
7. JeevankalaS. Tople. Atul Sherje and Rashmi Mallya. Analytical method development and validation for simultaneous determination of pyrantel pamoate and febantel in an oral dosage form by high-performance liquid chromatography. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research. 2017; 17 (2) 104-111.
8. Tatar E. Ates G and Kucukguzel I: Development and validation of an RP-HPLC method for quality control Oxantel pamoate, Pyrantel pamoate and Praziquantel in tablets. Marmara Pharmaceutical Journal. 2015; 19: 27-35
9. Patel BK. Chaudhary AB. Bhadani SM. Patel BD. Development and validation of stability indicating RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of Aceclofenac and Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride in pharmaceutical dosage from. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2018 April; 7(5): 874-888.
10. Patel DM. Chaudhary AB and Patel BD. Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation Beclomethasone Dipropionate, Phenylephrine Hydrochloride and Lignocaine Hydrochloride in cream. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2018 April; 7(5): 829-841.
11. Nachiket S. Dighe. Ganesh S. Shinde. K.V. Dhamak. R.G. Shete:Simultaneous Estimation and Validation of Praziquantel and Pyrantel Pamoate in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form by Using RP-HPLC. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics. 2019; 9(3-s):688-692.
12. A. Argekar. S. Raj. S.U. Kapadia. Simultaneous determination of mebendazole and pyrantel pamoate from tablets by high performance liquid chromatography-reverse phase (RP-HPLC). Chemistry, Medicine, Talanta.
13. Trivedi DG. Chaudhary AB and Patel BD. Method Development and Validation for Estimation of Clotrimazole, Fusidic acid and Mometasone Furoate in Cream by RP-HPLC, World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2017 April; 6(5): 1204-1219. DOI: Not Available
14. Patel B. Patel M. Chaudhary A. A Comprehensive and Comparative Study on Regulations of Medical Countermeasures in USA and INDIA. International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative. 2019 May; 6(5): 289-304.
15. Vaja M. Patel B. Patel K. Chaudhary A. A Review on process validation of solid dosage form. 2021 July; 11(4): 157-160. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.22270/jddt.v11i4.4880.
16. ICH Topic Q2 (R1) Validation of Analytical Procedures; Methodology, Q2 (R1), International Conference on Harmonization, IFPMA, Geneva 1996.
17. Patel BD. Bhavya M, Ankit BC. Method Development and Validation for Simultaneous Estimation of Lamivudine and Zidovudine in Tablet by Reverse-Phase High-Performance Liquid Chromatography. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. 2020 June; 13(6): 73-77.
18. Rathi S. Patel D. Shah S. Physicochemical Characterization and In-Vitro Dissolution Behavior of Artemether and Lumefantrine: Hydroxypropyl-Β-Cyclodextrin Inclusion Complex. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2020 April; 13(3): 1137-1141. DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00209.7
19. Jayshree P. Sandeep S. Santosh C. Sanjay K. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC method for simultaneous Estimation of Metformin HCl and Gliclazide. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2016, 6(3), 151-154.
20. B. Thangabalan, M. Salomi, N. Sunitha, S. Manohar Babu. Development of validated RP-HPLC method for the estimation of Itraconazole in pure and pharmaceutical dosage form. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2013, 3(4), 119-123.
21. K. Anandakumar, K. Varadharajan, T. Ayyappan, P. Nageswara Rao, K. Sujatha. Estimation of Balsalazide in Bulk and in Formulation by UV-Visible Spectrophotometry. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2008, 1(4), 472-474.
22. Kumaraswamy G., J.M. Rajendrakumar, J.V.L.N. Sheshagirirao, U. Ashok Kumar, M. Arunadevi, Spectrophotometric Determination of Tenatoprazole in Bulk Drug and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2011, 4(4), 574-577.
23. Shubhangi V. Sutar, Veerendra C. Yeligar. Degradation Kinetic Study of Melatonin in Alkaline and Acidic Medium by Validated Stability Indicating HPTLC Method. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2020 13(2), 523-528.
24. Priyanka M. Pandya, Pankaj P. Kapupara, Ketan V. Shah, “Development and Validation of an Analytical Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Clotrimazole and its Impurity by RP-HPLC.” Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2018, 11(3), 894-898. DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00758.1
25. Sanjeshkumar GR. Sejal AZ. Maulikkumar DV. Sohansinh SV. Formulation and Evaluation of Spherical Crystal Agglomerates of Lurasidone Hydrochloride. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021. 14(3), 1238-1246. DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00220.1
26. Dwivedi Abha. Kaushik Avinash. Sharma Ganesh N. Akhtar Javed. Impurity Profiling with Use of Hyphenated Techniques. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2012, 5(7), 875-881.
27. Mitali A. Patel. Niraj Vyas. Development and Validation of Stability Indicating HPTLC Method for Estimation of Ursolic Acid. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2013, 6(6), 546-551.