Parixit Prajapati, Chandni Chandarana
email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Parixit Prajapati1*, Chandni Chandarana2
1Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, SSR College of Pharmacy, Sayli, Silvassa - 396230, India.
2Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance, SSR College of Pharmacy, Sayli, Silvassa - 396230, India.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 8,
Year - 2022
An eco-friendly method for quantification of Omeprazole in Pharmaceutical solid dosage form has been developed using Fourier transform infrared spectrophotometry. The proposed method avoids use of solvents which are commonly used for other methods of quantification e.g. Liquid Chromatography, UV spectrophotometry etc. The developed method has been validated for quantification of Omeprazole in marketed formulation as per ICH Q2 R (1) guidelines. The method is based on Beer-lamberts’ law. For the quantification C-O stretch absorption band at 1204 cm-1 was selected which is typically in the range of 1300 – 1000cm-1 in IR spectrum. The linearity of Omeprazole was obtained in the concentration range of 5 – 30mg/g with R2 value of 0.999. The % recovery was calculated with Intra and Inter day precision study.
Cite this article:
Parixit Prajapati, Chandni Chandarana. Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrophotometry: An Eco-friendly green tool for quantification of Omeprazole in Pharmaceutical formulation. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(8):3531-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00592
Parixit Prajapati, Chandni Chandarana. Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrophotometry: An Eco-friendly green tool for quantification of Omeprazole in Pharmaceutical formulation. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(8):3531-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00592 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-8-34
1. Nicki R. Thrombosis of the cerebral veins and sinuses. New Eng. J. of Med. 2005; 352: 1791– 1798. https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMra042354
2. Guercini F. Acciarresi M. Agnelli G. Cryptogenic stroke: time to determine aetiology. J. of Thro M. And Haemos. 2008; 6: 549–554. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1538-7836.2008.02903.x
3. Sudhakararo G. Sujana K. Pedababu T. Development and Validation of UV Spectrophotometric method for the estimation of Omeprazole in bulk and Pharmaceutical Formulation. Int J Pharm. 2014; 4: 247-251. https://dx.doi.org/10.19080/GJPPS.2016.01.555560
4. Chaudhari S. Phalak D. Simultaneous Equation Method for Aspirin and Omeprazole (Yosprala) Tablet by using UV-Spectroscopy. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Science. 2020; 10 (2): 69-72. 10.5958/2231-5659.2020.00013.2
5. Mane V. Waghmare K. Kulkarni S. Development of UV Spectrophotometric Method for the Simultaneous Estimation of Domperidone and Omeprazole in Capsule Dosage Form by Simultaneous Equation and Absorbance Ratio Method. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2011; 4(7): 1119-1124. https://ajrconline.org/AbstractView.aspx?Journal=Asian%20Journal%20of%20Research%20in%20Chemistry&PID=2011-4-7-20
6. Kolte R. Tambe V. Vichare V. Simultaneous Spectrophotometric Estimation of Omeprazole and Ondansetron Hydrochloride by First Order Derivative Spectroscopy Method in Combined Dosage form. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2012; 5 (6): 787-790. https://ajrconline.org/AbstractView.aspx?Journal=Asian%20Journal%20of%20Research%20in%20Chemistry&PID=2012-5-6-19
7. Topagi K. Jeswani R. Sinha P. A validated normal phase HPLC method for simultaneous determination of drotaverine hydrochloride and omeprazole in pharmaceutical formulation. Asi. J. of Pharma. And Cli. Res. 2010; 3: 20-24. https://innovareacademics.in/journal/ajpcr/Vol3Issue1/244.pdf
8. Kulkarni A. Balkrishna M. Method development and validation for the simultaneous determination of omeprazole and domperidone in solid dosage form by RP-HPLC. Int. J. of Pharm. and Pharma. Sci. 2012; 4: 454-459. https://pharmascope.org/ijrps/article/view/894/836.
9. Godse V., Mane R. Simultaneous Estimation of Omeprazole and Cisapride in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2009; 2 (3): 605-606. https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?Journal=Research%20Journal%20of%20Pharmacy%20and%20Technology&PID=2009-2-3-86
10. Rele R. Tiwatane P. Reverse Phase High Performance Liquid Chromatography for Method Development Validation of Omeprazole in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2018; 11 (2): 275-278. 10.5958/0974-4150.2018.00051.2
11. Akula G. Rangu R. Method Development and Validation for Simultaneous Estimation of Omeprazole and Ofloxacin by using RP-HPLC. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis.2018; 8 (3): 153-156. 10.5958/2231-5675.2018.00028.5
12. Dave C. Tiwari S. Patel P. Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for estimation of omeprazole and dicyclomine hydrochloride in pharmaceutical dosage form. Int. J. of Pharma. Sci. 2013; 4: 247-256. file:///C:/Users/admin/Downloads/20130619045754_chaitanya_17%20(1).pdf
13. Rao L. Rao J. bioanalytical method development and validation for the simultaneous estimation of indomethacin and omeprazole in rabbit plasma by using HPLC. Int. J. Chem. Sci. 2016; 14: 585-594.
14. Dedania Z. Dedania R. Development and Validation of HPTLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Omeprazole and Ondansetron in Tablet Dosage Form. 2009; 4 (2): 210-212. https://ajrconline.org/HTMLPaper.aspx?Journal=Asian%20Journal%20of%20Research%20in%20Chemistry;PID=2009-2-2-28
15. Bhuvaneswari K. Rajani K. Quantitative determination of Domperidone and Omeprazole in combined dosage form by FT-IR spectroscopy. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research. 2014; 6: 796-800. https://www.jocpr.com/articles/quantitative-determination-of-domperidone-and-omeprazole-in-combined-dosage-form-by-ftir-spectroscopy.pdf
16. Konoz E. Hossein A. Sarrafi M. Boreiri S. Quantitative Analysis of Lorazepam in Pharmaceutical Formulation through FTIR Spectroscopy. E-Journal of Chem. 2012; 9: 2232-2238. https://downloads.hindawi.com/journals/jchem/2012/914974.pdf
17. Rohman A. Wijaya E. Quantitative Determination of Simethicone in Antacid Suspension and Chewable Tablet Using FTIR Spectroscopy. Global J. of Pharmaco. 2012; 7: 270-275. https://idosi.org/gjp/7(3)13/6.pdf