Chaganti Sai Sri Rama Chandra Murthy, Arun Kumar Sanapala, Unnam Sambamoorthy, Kasireddy Paul babu, Namratha Sunkara
Chaganti Sai Sri Rama Chandra Murthy1, Arun Kumar Sanapala2*, Unnam Sambamoorthy3, Kasireddy Paul babu4, Namratha Sunkara5
1,3Sree Dattha Institute of Pharmacy, Sheriguda, Ibrahimpatnam, Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
2Research Scholar, Department of Pharmacy, JNTUK, Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh, India.
4St. Mary College of Pharmacy, Surampalem, Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh, India.
5Department of Pharmacy, Bharat Institute of Technology, Ibrahimpatnam, Rangareddy, Telangana, India.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 8,
Year - 2022
Cancer can be described as a disease characterized by groups of aberrant cells that undergo uncontrolled proliferations in the absence of cell cycle regulation. The metastasize cancer cells spread to various locations in the body where their uncontrolled growth invades the normal tissue. Cancer comprises more than hundred different diseases, including malignant tumors of different sites such as breast, cervix, stomach, intestines, colon, lung, mouth etc. There are numerous factors responsible for the cause, like genetic, tobacco, chemicals, environmental factors, hormones etc. Cancer detection is described by their pathological grade and clinical stage. Thus we have made an attempt to use Lonicera ligustrina herbal extract to check the efficacy against breast and colorectal carcinoma cell lines. The present study aimed to evaluate preliminary phytochemical screening and invitro anticancer potential activities against MCF-7(breast) and HCT-116 (colorectal) cancer cell lines. Samples shown significant activity at its higher concentration and the IC50 value of breast cell lines 24.45µM (MCF-7) and colorectal cell lines 9.210µM (HCT-116) inhibition. Standard Doxorubicin tested against MCF-7 and HCT-116 cell lines showed IC50 value of 18.76µM and 16.89µM inhibition. Therefore, a dynamic view of IC50 values and the methods used to detect the density-dependent IC50 spectrum of a cancer cell line (primary or passaged) established. This view will benefit patients and the cancer research community as a whole.
Cite this article:
Chaganti Sai Sri Rama Chandra Murthy, Arun Kumar Sanapala, Unnam Sambamoorthy, Kasireddy Paul babu, Namratha Sunkara. Phytochemical screening and Invitro Anticancer activity of Lonicera ligustrina leaf extract on Breast and Colorectal carcinoma cell lines. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(8):3485-9. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00584
Chaganti Sai Sri Rama Chandra Murthy, Arun Kumar Sanapala, Unnam Sambamoorthy, Kasireddy Paul babu, Namratha Sunkara. Phytochemical screening and Invitro Anticancer activity of Lonicera ligustrina leaf extract on Breast and Colorectal carcinoma cell lines. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(8):3485-9. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00584 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-8-26
1. Arjun Patidar, S.C.Shivhare, Umesh Ateneriya, Sonu Choudhary. A Comprehensive Review on Breast Cancer. Asian J. Nur. Edu. and Research 2(1): Jan.-March 2012:28-32.
2. Rutuja Sawant, Aloka Baghkar, Sanjukta Jagtap et al., A Review on - Herbs in Anticancer. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2018; 8(4):179-184.
3. Kumbhar Swapnil, Salunkhe Vijay, Magdum Chandrakant. Targeted Drug Delivery: A Backbone for Cancer Therapy. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 3(1): Jan.-Mar. 2013:40-46.
4. Peng LY, Mei SX, Jiang B, et al. Constituents from Lonicera japonica. Fitoterapia. 2000;71: 713-715.
5. Xiang T, Tezuka Y, Wu LJ, et al. Saponins from Lonicera bournei. Phytochemistry 2000;54: 795-799.
6. Jesna M Joy, Reenu Jose Antony, Shanmuga Sundaram Rajagopal. Dietary Fiber Intake and Benefit of Colorectal Cancer. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2019; 9(3):209-214.
7. Rahul Ashok Sachdeo, Manoj S. Charde, Ritu D. Chakole. Colorectal Cancer: An Overview. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2020; 10(3):211-223.
8. Sushil Dagadu Patil, Kardele Vinayak et al., Docking Studies and Synthesis of Novel Flavones Screened for Biological Activities like Anticancer and Antioxidant Activity. Asian J. Research Chem 8(6): June 2015:399-406.
9. N T. Nistane. Herbal Nanoparticles against Cancer. Res. J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech.2019; 11(4):247-252.
10. Priyanka Nagwanshi, Leena Sahu et al., Emphasis of Phytoconstituent in the treatment of cancer. Res. J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech.2020; 12(3):169-177.
11. Anjali Soni, Patel Femida, Preeti Sharma. In-vitro Cytotoxic Activity of Plant Saponin Extracts on Breast Cancer Cell-Line. Res. J. Pharmacognosy and Phytochem. 2017; 9(1): 17-22.
12. Baburao Bhukya, Harikiran Lingabathula, Narsimhareddy Yellu. Evaluation of Anticancer activity of Kydia calycina Roxb. Leaf Extract on Different Cancer Cell Lines. Res. J. Pharmacognosy and Phytochem. 2017; 9(4): 197-202.