Rusul Y. Hameed, Israa Nathir, Waleed K. Abdulsahib, Haider Abdulkareem Almashhadani
Rusul Y. Hameed1, Israa Nathir2, Waleed K. Abdulsahib3, Haider Abdulkareem Almashhadani4,5
1Al Hikma College University, Baghdad, Iraq.
2Department of Pharmacy, Al-Rasheed University College, Baghdad.Iraq.
3Pharmacology and Toxicology Department, College of Pharmacy, Al- Farahidi University, Baghdad, Iraq.
4Department of Dentistry, Al-Rasheed University College, Baghdad, Iraq.
5Department of Medical Laboratory Techniques, Dijlah University College, Baghdad, 10021, Iraq.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 8,
Year - 2022
In this paper, investigates the biosynthesis of gold nanoparticles (AuNPs) by biochemical method using Myrtus communis leaves extract as reducing agent and Chloroauric acid (HAuCl4) as precursors. X-Ray Diffraction (XRD), Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) and FTIR were used in addition to UV-visible spectroscopy (UV) in order to characterize the AuNPs. The biosynthesized AuNPs exhibited inhibitory effects on alpha amylase and alkaline phosphatase in sera of patient with type 2 Diabetes Miletus and the sera of healthy control subjects; the inhibition percentage with alpha amylase was 72 % and 45 % for patient and control group respectively. Oral consent obtained from the most of patients and healthy subjects before them being under study. Biological activities were investigated against some bacteria species to exploit AuNPs potential. Kinetic studies of alpha amylase exanimated. The goal of this study is to synthesized gold nanoparticles using simple, economical and environmentally green method. This stage is more suited to large-scale manufacturing since it is speedy and removes the complex steps in other bio-based methods.
Cite this article:
Rusul Y. Hameed, Israa Nathir, Waleed K. Abdulsahib, Haider Abdulkareem Almashhadani. Study the effect of biosynthesized gold nanoparticles on the enzymatic activity of alpha-Amylase. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(8):3459-5. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00579
Rusul Y. Hameed, Israa Nathir, Waleed K. Abdulsahib, Haider Abdulkareem Almashhadani. Study the effect of biosynthesized gold nanoparticles on the enzymatic activity of alpha-Amylase. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(8):3459-5. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00579 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-8-21
1. Arakelyan, S., et al., Reliable and well-controlled synthesis of noble metal nanoparticles by continuous wave laser ablation in different liquids for deposition of thin films with variable optical properties. Journal of Nanoparticle Research, 2016. 18(6): p. 155. doi.org/10.1007/s11051-016-3468-0
2. Baalousha, M., K. Afshinnia, and L. Guo, Natural organic matter composition determines the molecular nature of silver nanomaterial-NOM corona. Environmental Science: Nano, 2018. 5(4): p. 868-881.doi.org/10.1039/C8EN00018B
3. Saudagar, R. and T.M. Kanchan, A review on gold nanoparticles. Asian J. Pharm. Res, 2016. 6(1): p. 45-48.
4. Neethu, S., et al., Green synthesized silver nanoparticles by marine endophytic fungus Penicillium polonicum and its antibacterial efficacy against biofilm forming, multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter baumanii. Microbial Pathogenesis, 2018. 116: p. 263-272. doi.org/10.1016/j.micpath.2018.01.033
5. Devi, L.S. and S. Joshi, Ultrastructures of silver nanoparticles biosynthesized using endophytic fungi. Journal of Microscopy and Ultrastructure, 2015. 3(1): p. 29-37. doi.org/10.1016%2Fj.jmau.2014.10.004
6. Baghayeri, M., et al., Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using water extract of Salvia leriifolia: Antibacterial studies and applications as catalysts in the electrochemical detection of nitrite. Applied Organometallic Chemistry, 2017. doi.org/10.1002/aoc.4057
7. Sivasankari, G., S. Boobalan, and D. Deepa, Dopamine sensor by Gold Nanoparticles Absorbed Redox behaving metal Complex. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology, 2018. 8(2): p. 83-87. doi.org/10.5958/2231-5713.2018.00013.2
8. Bindhu, M. and M. Umadevi, Antibacterial and catalytic activities of green synthesized silver nanoparticles. Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, 2015. 135: p. 373-378. doi.org/10.1016/j.saa.2014.07.045
9. Edison, T.N.J.I., Y.R. Lee, and M.G. Sethuraman, Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using Terminalia cuneata and its catalytic action in reduction of direct yellow-12 dye. Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, 2016. 161: p. 122-129. doi.org/10.1016/j.saa.2016.02.044
10. Rao, N.H., et al., Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using methanolic root extracts of Diospyros paniculata and their antimicrobial activities. Materials Science and Engineering: C, 2016. 62: p. 553-557. doi.org/10.1016/j.msec.2016.01.072
11. Abdelghany, T., et al., Recent advances in green synthesis of silver nanoparticles and their applications: about future directions. A review. BioNanoScience, 2018. 8(1): p. 5-16. 10.1007/s12668-017-0413-3
12. Dash, S., et al., Functionalization of Gold Nanoparticles with Monosaccharide Mannose. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021. 14(12): p. 6281-6284. doi.org/10.52711/0974-360X.2021.01086
13. Logeswari, P., S. Silambarasan, and J. Abraham, Synthesis of silver nanoparticles using plants extract and analysis of their antimicrobial property. Journal of Saudi Chemical Society. 2015. 19(3): p. 311-317. doi.org/10.1016/j.jscs.2012.04.007
14. Shaik, M.R., et al., Biological Synthesis and Characterization of Silver Nanoparticles by Bacillus subtilis. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2017. 10(7): p. 2367-2374. doi.org/10.5958/0974-360X.2017.00419.X
15. Patil, K.B., et al., Metal based Nanomaterial's (Silver and Gold): Synthesis and Biomedical application. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2020. 10(2): p. 97-106.
16. Kung, J.-C., et al., Antibacterial Activity of Silver Nanoparticles (AgNP) Confined to Mesostructured, Silica-Based Calcium Phosphate against Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). Nanomaterials. 2020. 10(7): p. 1264. doi.org/10.3390%2Fnano10071264
17. Tortella, G., et al., Silver nanoparticles: Toxicity in model organisms as an overview of its hazard for human health and the environment. Journal of Hazardous Materials. 2020. 390: p. 121974.doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2019.121974
18. Salman, T.A., T.A. Ibrahim, and S.A.A.-R. Abbas. Effect of Magnesium Oxide and Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles on Triiodothyronine Hormone. in IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. 2021. IOP Publishing. doi:10.1088/1757-899X/1145/1/012050
19. Joshi, N.C., et al., Characterizations, Antimicrobial activities and Biological synthesis of silver (Ag) nanoparticles using the leaf extract of Urtica dioica. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2019. 12(9): p. 4429-4433. doi.org/10.5958/0974-360X.2019.00763.7
20. Chiron, E., et al., A physicochemical assessment of the thermal stability of dextrin–colistin conjugates. Scientific Reports. 2021. 11(1): p. 1-12.
21. Ali, H., P. Houghton, and A. Soumyanath, α-Amylase inhibitory activity of some Malaysian plants used to treat diabetes; with particular reference to Phyllanthus amarus. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 2006. 107(3): p. 449-455. doi.org/10.1016/j.jep.2006.04.004
22. Ghosh, N.S., et al., Biosynthesis of gold nanoparticles using leaf extract of Desmodium gangeticum and their antioxidant activity. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2020. 13(6): p. 2685-2689.
23. Naik, P., et al., Importance of nano-technology in different discipline. International Journal of Technology. 2017. 7(1): p. 56-68.
24. Subramanian, R., M.Z. Asmawi, and A. Sadikun, In vitro alpha-glucosidase and alpha-amylase enzyme inhibitory effects of Andrographis paniculata extract and andrographolide. Acta Biochimica Polonica. 2008. 55(2): p. 391-398.
25. Sivaraj, A., et al., Biogenic production of Gold nanoparticles using Lactic acid bacteria and their Anti-mycobacterial activity. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2020. 13(9): p. 4391-4394. doi.org/10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00776.3
26. Abdulkareem Al-Mashhadani, H., et al. Anti-Corrosive Substance as Green Inhibitor for Carbon Steel in Saline and Acidic Media. in Journal of Physics Conference Series. 2021. doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/1818/1/012128
27. Winn-Deen, E.S., et al., Development of a direct assay for alpha-amylase. Clinical chemistry, 1988. 34(10): p. 2005-2008.
28. Lasaga, A.C., Kinetic theory in the earth sciences. 2014: Princeton University Press.
29. AlMashhadani, H.A., Synthesis of a CoO-ZnO nanocomposite and its study as a corrosion protection coating for stainless steel in saline solution. International Journal of Corrosion and Scale Inhibition. 2021. 10(3): p. 1294-1306.
30. AlMashhadani, H.A. and K.A. saleh, Electrochemical Deposition of Hydroxyapatite Co-Substituted By Sr/Mg Coating on Ti-6Al-4V ELI Dental Alloy Post-MAO as Anti-Corrosion. Iraqi Journal of Science, 2020. 61(11): p. 2751-2761.doi.org/10.24996/ijs.2020.61.11.1
31. Almashhadani, H. and K. Alsaadie, Corrosion Protection of Carbon Steel in seawater by alumina nanoparticles with poly (acrylic acid) as charging agent. Moroccan Journal of Chemistry. 2018. 6(3): p. 6-3 (2018) 455-465.
32. Hayfaa, A.A., A.S.A. Khulood, and H.A.Y. AlMashhadani. Study the Effect of Cyperus Rotundus Extracted as Mouthwash on the Corrosion of Dental Amalgam. in IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering. 2019. doi.org/10.1088/1757-899X/571/1/012074
33. Kadhim, M.M., et al., Effect of Sr/Mg co-substitution on corrosion resistance properties of hydroxyapatite coated on Ti–6Al–4V dental alloys. Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids. 2022. 161: p. 110450. doi.org/10.1016/j.jpcs.2021.110450
34. AlMashhadani, H.A. and K.A. saleh, Electro-polymerization of poly Eugenol on Ti and Ti alloy dental implant treatment by micro arc oxidation using as Anti-corrosion and Anti-microbial. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2020. 13(10): p. 4687-4696.
35. Suman, T., et al., GC–MS analysis of bioactive components and synthesis of silver nanoparticle using Ammannia baccifera aerial extract and its larvicidal activity against malaria and filariasis vectors. Industrial Crops and Products. 2013. 47: p. 239-245.doi.org/10.1016/j.indcrop.2013.03.010
36. Farahnejad, Z., et al., Antibacterial Effect of Seidlitzia rosmarinus Extract and Silver Nanoparticles on Staphylococcus aureus and Klebsiella pneumoniae Isolated from Urinary Tract Infections. Annals of Military and Health Sciences Research. 2017. 15(3). doi.org/10.5812/amh.63760
37. Qais, F.A., et al., Antibacterial effect of silver nanoparticles synthesized using Murraya koenigii (L.) against multidrug-resistant pathogens. Bioinorganic Chemistry and Applications. 2019. 2019. doi.org/10.1155/2019/4649506
38. Indorkar, D., O. Chourasia, and S. Limaye, Synthesis and characterization of cinnoline (benzopyridazine) and cinnoline based pyrazoline derivatives and biological activity. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2013. 6(9): p. 832-838.
39. Bindhu, M., et al., Green synthesis and characterization of silver nanoparticles from Moringa oleifera flower and assessment of antimicrobial and sensing properties. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B: Biology. 2020. 205: p. 111836. doi.org/10.1016/j.jphotobiol.2020.111836
40. Kumar, K.K., et al., Synthesis, characterization and pharmacological evaluation of novel spiro heterocyclic compounds as anti diabetic agents. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2017. 10(3): p. 393-398.
41. Joshi, N.C., E. Joshi, and A. Singh, Biological Synthesis, Characterisations and Antimicrobial activities of manganese dioxide (MnO2) nanoparticles. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2020. 13(1): p. 135-140.
42. Shao, Y., et al., Green synthesis of sodium alginate-silver nanoparticles and their antibacterial activity. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. 2018. 111: p. 1281-1292. doi.org/10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2018.01.012
43. Baghayeri, M., et al., Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using water extract of Salvia leriifolia: Antibacterial studies and applications as catalysts in the electrochemical detection of nitrite. Applied Organometallic Chemistry. 2018. 32(2): p. e4057. doi.org/10.1002/aoc.4057
44. Fregoso-Peñuñuri, A.A., et al., White shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei recombinant lactate dehydrogenase: biochemical and kinetic characterization. Protein Expression and Purification. 2017. 137: p. 20-25. doi.org/10.1016/j.pep.2017.06.010