I Gusti Made Baskara Teragnya Mahaputra, Lestari Dewi, Sihning E. J. T., Dora Dayu Rahma Turista, Arif Nur Muhammad Ansori
I Gusti Made Baskara Teragnya Mahaputra1, Lestari Dewi1, Sihning E. J. T.1, Dora Dayu Rahma Turista2, Arif Nur Muhammad Ansori3
1Faculty of Medicine, Hang Tuah University, Surabaya, Indonesia.
2Faculty of Teacher Training and Education, Mulawarman University, Samarinda, Indonesia.
3Professor Nidom Foundation, Surabaya, Indonesia.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 8,
Year - 2022
Pain is defined as an unpleasant sensation experienced by an individual. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) are drugs that are often used to relieve pain. Sea cucumbers are fisheries commodities that have high economic value and are very popular in the international market, one type of the sea cucumbers in Indonesia, especially found on the East coast of Surabaya, sea cucumber (Phyllophorus). In several studies, it has been proven that sea cucumber flavonoids have anti-inflammatory effects. This study uses a post-test only control group design. This study used 25 mice, which were divided into 5 groups. Group 1 was given aquades 10mL/kg BW, group 2 was given acetosal 150mg/kg BW, group 3 was given sea cucumber extract dose 20mg/kg BW, group 4 was given sea cucumber extract 40mg/kg BW, and group 5 was given sea cucumber extract 80mg/kg BW. Each group was induced with pain with acetic acid intraperitoneum 0.7% dose of 10ml/kg BW. Wait 5 minutes. Then do observation and calculation the mice stretching every 10 minutes. The data are taken observation and calculation 3×. Descriptive analysis results showed a decrease in the average stretching of mice in the acetosal therapy group 150mg/kg BW and better than another groups. The results of statistical analysis with Mann-Whitney U showed that there were significant differences (p<0.05) between the positive control group and the treatment group dose of 20mg/kg BW (p<0.05); positive control group and the treatment group dose 80mg/kg BW (p<0.05); the treatment group dose 20mg/kg BW and the treatment group dose 40mg/kg BW (p<0.05). From these results, it can be concluded that the sea cucumber extract (Phyllophorus sp.) Dose 40 mg/kg BW has better analgesic effect compared to the treatment group with doses of 20mg/kg BW and 80mg/kg BW but not better than the positive control group.
Cite this article:
I Gusti Made Baskara Teragnya Mahaputra, Lestari Dewi, Sihning E. J. T., Dora Dayu Rahma Turista, Arif Nur Muhammad Ansori. Effect of Administration of Sea Cucumber (Phyllophorus sp.) extract on the pain response of Mice (Mus musculus) Induced by Acetic Acid. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(8):3351-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00560
I Gusti Made Baskara Teragnya Mahaputra, Lestari Dewi, Sihning E. J. T., Dora Dayu Rahma Turista, Arif Nur Muhammad Ansori. Effect of Administration of Sea Cucumber (Phyllophorus sp.) extract on the pain response of Mice (Mus musculus) Induced by Acetic Acid. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(8):3351-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00560 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-8-2
1. Hartati R, Nuri MZ, Yanto AYA, Widianingsih W, Supriyo E, Soegianto A. Organic matter, chlorophyll and grain size features of the sediment in the culture sea pens of Holothuria atra (Holothuroidea, echinodermata). Annals of Biology. 2020; 36(2): 311-316.
2. Hikmawati D, Widiyanti P, Sumarsih S, Kusyustyo MH. Synthesis and mechanical characterization of composites hydrogel membrane alginate-collagen fibrils of sea cucumber as potential candidate wound dressing. Annals of Biology. 2020; 36(2): 293-298.
3. Fu’Adil Amin MH, Syukriya AJ, Irawan B, Pratiwi AI, Muttaqin Z, Winarni D. Taxonomic redescription of Colochirus quadrangularis (Echinodermata: Holothuroidea) from Surabaya coastal waters (East Java, Indonesia) with notes on new distinctive haplogroup of coi gene. Ecology, Environment and Conservation. 2020; 26(4): 1617-1622.
4. Hartati R, Zainuri M, Ambariyanto A, Riniatsih I, Endrawati H, Redjeki S, Nuraini RAT, Soegianto A, Widyaningsih S. Density and population growth of the black sea cucumber, Holothuria (Halodeima) atra (Jaeger, 1833) in two different microhabitats of Jepara Waters, Indonesia. Ecology, Environment and Conservation. 2020; 26(3): 1222-1227.
5. Soesilawati P, Ambarani EL, Yuliatia, Oki AS. Increased vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) expression in wistar rat oral mucosa traumatic ulcer due to golden sea cucumber (Stichopus hermanni) extract gel. Acta Medica Philippina. 2019; 53(6): 482-485. doi: 10.47895/amp.v53i6.667
6. Purwanto B, Wiyasihati SI, Masyitha PA, Wigati KW, Irwadi I. Golden sea cucumber extract revives glucose transporter-4 and interleukin-6 protein level in diabetic mouse muscle. Veterinary World. 2019; 12(5): 684-688. doi: 10.14202/vetworld.2019.684-688
7. Arundina I, Suardita K, Setiabudi H, Ariani MD. Golden sea cucumbers (Stichopus hermanii) as growth factors of stem cells. Journal of International Dental and Medical Research. 2016; 9(3): 242-248.
8. Hartati R, Zainuri M, Ambariyanto A, Ayodya FP, Widianingsih W, Mustagpirin M, Soegianto A. Initial assessment of Holothuria atra in Panjang island, Jepara, Indonesia. Ecology, Environment and Conservation. 2019; 25: S1-S6.
9. Eltamany EE, Abdelmohsen UR, Hal DM, Ibrahim AK, Hassanean HA, Abdelhameed RFA, Temraz TA, Hajjar D, Makki AA, Hendawy OM, AboulMagd AM, Youssif KA, Bringmann G, Ahmed SA. Holospiniferoside: A new antitumor cerebroside from the red sea cucumber Holothuria spinifera: In vitro and in silico studies. Molecules. 2021; 26(6): 1555. doi: 10.3390/molecules26061555.
10. Nageeb AGM Hassan, Sabrina Ait Gacem, Afnan Abdul-Hameed Al-Qaysi, Maryam Jaafar AlAani. Prevalence of pain and self-medication pattern of Paracetamol and NSAIDs among university students in United Arab Emirates. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(6):3393-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00590
11. Laxminarayana Kurady Bairy, Shakta Mani Satyam, Prakashchandra Shetty. An Insight on pain modulation with Gender and Obesity: A Systematic Review. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(12):6284-6290. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.01093.8
12. Vignesh. R, V. M. Padmapriya, Rajasekar. G. Dentalgesian Chemistry: A Review on the Neurochemistry of pain in Dentistry. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(11):5631-5634. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00981.6
13. Pankaj Prashar, Pardeep Kumar, Ankita Sood, Anamika Gautam, Harmeet Kaur, Arvinder Kaur, Ruksaar Ebrahim, Shubham Sharma, Indu Melkani, Narendra Kumar Pandey, Bimlesh Kumar. Investigation of selected 13 FDA approved drugs for TRPV1 Antagonism using molecular docking: An insight application for the treatment of Neuronal pain. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(11):5328-5332. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00931.2
14. Swapna Pokkula, Santh Rani Thaakur, Vagolu Siva Krishna, Dharmarajan Sriram. Ameliorative effect of Papain on Behavioral and Bio-Chemical Alterations in In-Silico and In-Vivo models of Neuropathic Pain in Rats. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(8):3807-3812. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00674.5
15. Yuvarani. G, Chengi Kousalya, Kamatchi. K, Tharani. G, Vaishnavi. G. To compare the effectiveness of Laser, EMG biofeedback assisted core stability exercise versus Laser and Core stability exercise alone on pain and disability in patients with non-specific low back pain. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2020; 13(6):2563-2566. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00456.4
16. Seo Yeong-Mi, Won Hee Choi, Tae Kyung Kim. Factors affecting The Pain of Osteoarthritis Patients. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2019; 12(2):699-705. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2019.00124.0
17. Umi Kalsum, Husnul Khotimah, Wibi Riawan, Hasnia Azizah Trisnaini, Elok Zubaidah. Sugar Palm Fruit (Arenga pinnata) Diminish Pain and Inflammatory Symptoms of Osteoarthritis in male Wistar Rat (Rattus norvegicus). Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2018; 11(9): 3745-3751. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2018.00686.8
18. Sarfaraz Ahmad, Sajid Ali, Intakhab Alam, Sarfaraz Alam, Nawazish Alam, Maksood Ali. Drug Interactions of OTC Analgesics-Aspirin: A Review. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 8(5): May, 2015; Page 580-586. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2015.00097.9