Maira Zhunussova, Shynar Tursynova, Raisa Abdullabekova, Gulnara Murzalieva, Yokut Karieva, Saule Akhmetova
Maira Zhunussova*, Shynar Tursynova, Raisa Abdullabekova, Gulnara Murzalieva, Yokut Karieva, Saule Akhmetova
School of Pharmacy, Karaganda Medical University, 40 Gogol Str., 100008, Karaganda, Kazakhstan.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 8,
Year - 2022
The article presents the research results on the development of dosage forms with carbon dioxide extract from pale yellow scabious (Scabiosa ochroleuca L.) for topical use. The lipophilic and hydrophilic ointments bases under the conditional name "Scabiol" were taken as objects of research. Rheological studies were carried out using a rotary viscometer of the "Reotest-2" type (Germany) using a cell consisting of systems of coaxial cylinders (S/S1). The speed of rotation of the inner cylinder was regulated by changing the gap between the cylinders, as well as the speed of rotation, and the tangential shear stress was determined. The study of the structural and mechanical properties of the "Scabiol" ointments was carried out at temperatures of 25, 40 and 55 oC. The shear stress and dynamic viscosity of the ointments were measured. Based on the obtained results, graphs were constructed that characterize the changes in the logarithm of the effective viscosity from the gradient of the shear flow rate, and the dependence of the gradient of the shear flow rate on the shear stress. The results of rheological studies showed the absence of structural changes in the shear field with the destruction or appearance of new compounds; the thixotropic properties of lipophilic and hydrophilic «Scabiol» ointments bases were also established. As a result of the study of the antimicrobial and antifungal activity of dosage forms with carbon dioxide extract of pale yellow scabious, it was found that to some extent, ointments inhibit the growth of test cultures in vitro. High-intensity antimicrobial activity was shown by lipophilic ointment "Scabiol" against Staphylococcus aureus, and Escherichia coli.
Cite this article:
Maira Zhunussova, Shynar Tursynova, Raisa Abdullabekova, Gulnara Murzalieva, Yokut Karieva, Saule Akhmetova. Development of the composition and research of soft dosage forms with carbon dioxide extract from Scabiosa ochroleuca L. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(8):3434-2. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00575
Maira Zhunussova, Shynar Tursynova, Raisa Abdullabekova, Gulnara Murzalieva, Yokut Karieva, Saule Akhmetova. Development of the composition and research of soft dosage forms with carbon dioxide extract from Scabiosa ochroleuca L. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(8):3434-2. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00575 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-8-17
1. Sandokar Snehal D. Sahare. A.Y. Bodhankar S.S. Akare S.C. Wanjari A.D. Formulation and Evaluation of Herbal Ointment of Anogeissus latifolia Bark Extract. Res. J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech. 2019; 11(3):149-151. doi: 10.5958 / 0975-4377.2019.00025.9
2. Jadhav Suraj T. Gaikwad Nitin A. Mane Indrajeet V. Kengar Manohar D. Pujari Abhishek S. Devkar Shubham B. Formulation and Evaluation of Ointment and Liniment using Moringa oleifera Seed Extract. Res. J. Pharmacognosy and Phytochem. 2019; 11(2):45-8. doi: 10.5958/0975-4385.2019.00009.8
3. Vasiliev A.N., Syubaev, R.D., Gavrishina, E.V., Niyazov, R.R. Eremenkova, T.V., Snegireva A.A. Safety and efficacy requirements for herbal medicinal products: comparison of domestic and European Approaches. Remedium. Journal about the Russian market of medicines and medical equipment. 2014; 5:6-15. available on https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/trebovaniya-k-bezopasnosti-i-effektivnosti-rastitelnyh-lekarstvennyh-preparatov-sravnenie-otechestvennogo-i-evropeyskogo-podhodov/viewer
4. Zhunussova M.A. Method of obtaining CO2 - extract from Scabiosa ochroleuca (L.) having antimicrobial activity. RK Patent, 2019 February 1.
5. Maher Al-Absi. Abdu Faisal. Safwan Alagbarri. Mofeed Al- Nowihi. Development and Rheological Properties Evaluation of a Burn Healing Ointment Composed of Pomegranate peels and Beta-sitosterol Using Factorial Design. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2021; 11(1):59-65. doi: 10.5958/2231-5713.2021.00010.6
6. Zhunusova M.A. Suleimen E.M. Iskakova Zh. B. Ishmuratova M.Yu. Abdullabekova R.M. Constituent composition and biological activity of CO2-extracts of Scabiosa isetensis and S. ochroleuca. Chem. Nat. Compd. 2017; 53(4):775-7. doi: 10.1007 / s10600-017-2118-9
7. Zhunusova M.A. Sarsenbekova A.Zh. Abdullabekova R.M. Figurinene I.V. Comparative analysis of thermal decomposition kinetics of carbon dioxide extract from Scabiosa ochroleuca and Scabiosa isetensis at different heating rates. Bulletin of the Karaganda University. Chemistry series. 2018; 3(91):92-8. doi: 10.31489/2018CH3/92-98
8. Tursynova Sh.B. et al. Investigation of the possibility of using a carbon dioxide extract from the herb Scabiosa ochroleuca L. in dermatology, сollection of abstracts of scientific papers of the XXX International Scientific and Practical conference "Actual problems of modern Science", St. Petersburg-Astana-Kiev-Vienna. 2018 May 30; 66-68.
9. Tursynova Sh.B. et al. Preparation of the optimal composition of ointments with a hydrophilic base from the carbon dioxide extract of pale yellow scabious, Materials of the international scientific - practical conference "Science and education in the modern world." Karagandy: EPD "Bolashak-Baspa". 2019 February 22; 2:127-130.
10. Tursynova Sh.B. et al. Preparation of an optimal composition of ointments with a lipophilic base from carbon dioxide extract of pale yellow scabious. Pharmacy Kazakhstan, 2019; 4:22-24.
11. Shmyrova Iu.V., Аyupova R.D., Кamanova M.K., Sakipova Z.B. Сomposition and formulation development of antifungal semisolid dosage form. Medecine. 2014; 1:6-9. available on http://www.medzdrav.kz/images/magazine/medecine/2014/2014-1/M_01_14_9-14.pdf
12. Phalguni Naik. Viscosity and rheology of topical semisolids. Express Pharma. available on https://www.expresspharma.in/p-mec-india/viscosity-and-rheology-of-topical-semisolids/
13. Bagirova V.L., Demina N.A., Kulinchenko N.A. Ointments. A modern view of the dosage form. Pharmacy. 2002; 2:24-26.
14. Sarika Namjoshi. Maryam Dabbaghi. Michael Roberts. Jeffrey Grice E. Yousuf Mohammed H. Quality by Design: Development of the Quality Target Product Profile (QTPP) for Semisolid Topical Products. Pharmaceutics. 2020; 12(3):287. doi: 10.3390/pharmaceutics12030287
15. Ionescu C. M. et al. Mathematical modelling with experimental validation of viscoelastic properties in non-Newtonian fluids. Open Zoo Phil. Trans. R. Soc. A 2020; 1-21. available on https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/pdf/10.1098/rsta.2019.0284 [cited: May 11 2020].
16. Boufas S. Benhamza M.E. Hocine. Bachir Ben Seghir. Ferdenache Hadria. Synthesis and Characterization of Chitosan/Carrageenan/Hydroxyethyl cellulose blended gels. Asian J. Research Chem. 2020; 13(3):209-215. doi: 10.5958/0974-4150.2020.00040.1
17. Khokhlenkova NV, Yarnykh TG, Buryak MV. Development of Ointment Composition with Dense Oak Bark Extract. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 6(7): July 2013; Page 715-717. Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2013-6-7-16
18. Muthukumar S. Noori Irfana Parvin M.K. Shobana S. Vimala N. Vinesha R. Sundaraganapathy R. Formulation and Evaluation of Novel Herbal Ointment for the Treatment of Fungal Infection. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2021; 14(3):1459-1464. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00325.5
19. Hafsa. Asfa. Nuha Rasheed. Abdul Saleem Mohammad. Pharmaceutical Aids – a Review Study. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2016; 7(1):1-6. doi: 10.5958/2231-5713.2017.00001.0
20. Pruthviraj S Pawar, Prajakta P Karpe, Prabhakar Jadhav, Atul Alkunte, Patil SM. Pre-Formulation and Evaluation of Herbo-Mineral Ointment and Cream. Res. J. Topical and Cosmetic Sci. 1(1): Jan. – June 2010 page 30-32. available on http://rjtcsonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2010-1-1-5
21. Hajare A. B. Nitalikar M. M. Magdum C.S. Mohite S. K. Shid S.J. Dange V.N. Formulation and Optimization of Dermatological Dosage form for Comparative in-vitro Evaluation of Semisolid Bases. Research J. Topical and Cosmetic Sci. 2016; 7(2):46-54. doi: 10.5958/2321-5844.2016.00008.X
22. Nithya G. Sudha R. Synthesis, Characterization and Study of its In Vitro Biological Activity of the compound 4,4’-Dimethoxy benzil and its Iron Oxide Nano Composite. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2019; 12(11):5524-8. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2019.00958.2
23. Mohammed Khaleel Saeed. Saja Ayad Najim. Noor Sabah Salman. Saad Saleem Abdulbaqi. Farah Ghassan Jawad. Biological activity against Staphylococcus aureus of Isolated from raisins containing protocatechuic acid. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2021; 14(2):623-7. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00111.6
24. Kukhtenko G.P. et al. Rheological studies of semisolid medicines. Medicine. 2014; 1:6-9. available on http://www.medzdrav.kz/images/magazine/medecine/2014/2014-1/M_01_14_6-9.pdf
25. Lokarev A.V., Ogai M.A., Slivkin A.I., Belenova A.S. Development and rheological studies of ointments with a complex extract from the from medicinal herbal raw materials. Vestnik VSU: Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacy. 2019; 2:92-101. available on http://www.vestnik.vsu.ru/pdf/chembio/2019/02/2019-02-13.pdf.