In this study an opportunity was obtained that combines the VITEK system and the detection system of clinical microbiology laboratories to reach the rapid microbial identification and sensitivity test for Staph aureus bacteria, where the results of the susceptibility test were compared to 3925 combinations of antibiotics. The total rate was for the normal antimicrobials as well as the category approval for direct sensitivity test. 92% with less than 3% significant errors and the average time required to identify the identity with a sensitivity test is 7.5 hours (3.0 SD hours), compared to an average of 32.3 hours 9-14 hours for the normal method. The study focuses on the effectiveness of anti-bacterial iron nanoparticles from Beta vulgaris extract in various concentrations (1 mg/ml. 2 mg/ml. 3 mg/ml.4 mg/ml. against Stphylococcus aureus. Where in an inhibition zone was obtained for the highest concentration of iron nanoparticles for Beta vulgaris when compared to other samples.
Cite this article:
Manal Khalid Mohammad, Sundus Hameed Ahmed, Rana Fadhil Abbas. Bioactivity against Staphylococcus aureus of New Nanoparticles Derived from Iron Oxide and Beta vulgaris Extracts and Synthesis Characterization. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(7):3169-2. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00530
Manal Khalid Mohammad, Sundus Hameed Ahmed, Rana Fadhil Abbas. Bioactivity against Staphylococcus aureus of New Nanoparticles Derived from Iron Oxide and Beta vulgaris Extracts and Synthesis Characterization. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(7):3169-2. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00530 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-7-52
1. Masalha M, Borovok I, Schreiber R, Aharonowitz Y, Cohen G. Analysis of transcription of the Staphylococcus aureus aerobic class Ib and anaerobic class III ribonucleotide reductase genes in response to oxygen. Journal of Bacteriology. 2001; 183(24):7260-7272. doi: 10.1128/JB.183.24.7260-7272.2001.
2. Kluytmans J, van Belkum A, Verbrugh H. Nasal carriage of Staphylococcus aureus: epidemiology, underlying mechanisms, and associated risks. Clinical Microbiology Reviews. 1997; 10(3): 505-520. doi: 10.1128/CMR.10.3.505.
3. Backx M, Healy B. Serious staphylococcal infections. Clinical Medicine. 2008; 8(5): 535-538. DOI:10.7861/clinmedicine.8-5-535
4. Ali A, Zafar H, Zia M, Ul Haq I, Phull AR, Ali JS, Hussain A. Synthesis, characterization, applications, and challenges of iron oxide nanoparticles. Nanotechnology Science and Application. 2016; 9:49-67. doi: 10.2147/NSA.S99986.
5. Bruins MJ, Bloembergen P, Ruijs GJ, Wolfhagen MJ. Identification and susceptibility testing of Enterobacteriaceae and Pseudomonas aeruginosa by direct inoculation from positive BACTEC blood culture bottles into Vitek 2. Journal of Clinical Microbiology. 2004; 42(1): 7-11. doi: 10.1128/JCM.42.1.7-11.2004.
6. Hariharan P, Bharani T, Franklyne JS, Biswas P, Solanki SS, Paul-Satyaseela M. Antibiotic susceptibility pattern of Enterobacteriaceae and non-fermenter Gram-negative clinical isolates of microbial resource orchid. Journal of Natural Science, Biology and Medicine. 2015; 6(1): 198-201. doi:10.4103/0976-9668.149121
7. Sathiyavimal VS, Senthilkumar P. Lewis Oscar F et al. Biosynthesis of iron oxide nanoparticles using leaf extract of Ruellia tuberosa: Antimicrobial properties and their applications in photocatalytic degradation. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B: Biology. 2019; 192: 74-82. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jphotobiol.2018.12.025.
8. Darbandi F. Parallel comparison of accuracy in vitek2 auto analyzer and Api 20E'Api20NE Microsystems. Thesis is a compulsory part m the Master of Science with a major m chemical engineering-industrial biotechnology. University of Boras. Boras, Sweden 2010.
9. Yahva AA. Ghosoon FR. Rapid Identification of Enterobacter Spp. Isolated from Hospitals m Basrah Province by Automated System (VTTEK® 2 COMPACT). International Journal of Microbiology Genetic and Monocular Biology Research. 2016: 2(2): 9-20.
10. Murray PR, Zeitinger JR. Evaluation of Mueller- Hinton agar for disk diffusion susceptibility tests. Journal of Clinical Microbiology. 1983; 18(5): 1269-1271. doi:10.1128/jcm.18.5.1269-1271.1983
11. MacFaddm JF. Biochemical tests for identification of medical bacteria, 3rded. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Willems: 2000.
12. Bhalerao BM. Borkar PA. Plant as a natural source for synthesis of silver nanoparticles: A review. International Journal of Chemical Studies. 2017; 5(6): 98-104