Rajesh L. Dumpala, Akruti Khodakiya, Nishant A Oza, Nehal J. Shah, M. Lakshmi Prasuna
Rajesh L. Dumpala1*, Dr. Akruti Khodakiya1, Dr. Nishant A Oza1, Dr. Nehal J. Shah2, M. Lakshmi Prasuna3
1Department of Pharmaceutical Science, C.U. Shah University, Research Development and Innovation Centre (RDIC) - Wadhwan, Surendranagar, Gujarat.
2Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Quality Assurance. Indubhai Patel College of Pharmacy and Research Centre, Dharmaj.
3Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis. Sri Sivani College of Pharmacy, Srikakulam - Andhra Pradesh.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 7,
Year - 2022
The study purpose is to further enhanced the rate of dissolution for poorly water soluble drug Nicardipine Hydrochloride (Antihypertensive Drug) which is poorly soluble in nature by using very famous technique called Smedds and liquisolid compact method, The prepared Liquid -SMEDDS were converted into S-SMEDDS by using Neusilin US2 as a Carrier, Aerosil 200 as a Coating agent, Crosscarmellose sodium as a Super disintegrant, Microcrystalline cellulose as a Diluent, Magnesium stearate as a Lubricant, We evaluated our preparation by their micrometric properties, DSC, XRD, SEM, TEM, In vitro dissolution of formulation was studies and compare with marketed formulation, in result liquisolid tablets shows higher % of dissolution, We also evaluated its stability studies at 400C±20C temperature and 75±5% RH for three month (accelerated stability study) which showed no major change in percentage drug content and its release patent.
Cite this article:
Rajesh L. Dumpala, Akruti Khodakiya, Nishant A Oza, Nehal J. Shah, M. Lakshmi Prasuna. Method Development and Transforming of Liquid SMEDDS into Solid SMEDDS for Antihypertensive Drug. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(7):2933-9. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00489
Rajesh L. Dumpala, Akruti Khodakiya, Nishant A Oza, Nehal J. Shah, M. Lakshmi Prasuna. Method Development and Transforming of Liquid SMEDDS into Solid SMEDDS for Antihypertensive Drug. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(7):2933-9. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00489 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-7-11
1. Kaur M, Bala R and Arora S. Formulation and evaluation of liquisolid compacts of amlodipine besylate. International research journal of pharma. 2013; 4: 156-60.
2. Vraníková B, Gajdziok J and Doležel P. The effect of super disintegrants on the properties and dissolution profiles of liquisolid tablets contain in grosuvastatin. Pharmaceutical development and technology.2017; 22(2): 138-47.
3. Lu M et al. Liquisolid technique and its applications in pharmaceutics. asian journal of pharmaceutical sciences. 2017; 12(2): 115-23.
4. Dalvi PB and Ingale PR. An Approach for Enhancement of Solubility. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical sciences. 2014; 3(12): 434-446.
5. Patel BU, Modi DC and Shah PD, A Review International Journal of Advances in Pharmaceutics. 2017; 6(7): 110-113.
6. Bindu MB, Kusum B and David Banji. Novel Strategies for Poorly Water Soluble Drugs. International Journal Of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research. 2010; 4(3): 1-5.
7. Nagabandi VK, Ramarao T and Jayaveera KN, a Novel Approach to Enhance Bioavailability of Poorly Soluble Drugs. International Journal of Pharmacy and Sciences. 2011; 1(3): 89-102.
8. Nagabandi V et al. Enhancement of dissolution rate of naproxen by lipid based solid dispersions. J Pharm Sci Res. 2014; 6:78–82.
9. Patel AR and Vavia PR. Preparation and in vivo evaluation of SMEDDS (self-microemulsifying drug delivery system) containing fenofibrate. AAPS J. 2007; 9:E 344–52.
10. Patel D and Sawant KK. Oral bioavailability enhancement of acyclovir by self-microemulsifying drug delivery systems (SMEDDS). Drug Dev Ind Pharm. 2007; 33:1318–26.
11. Dumpala R.L et al. Solubility and dissolution enhancement of Erlotinib by liquisolid compact technique. International Journal of Pharma O2. 2020; 2(4): 0271-0270. 6 .
12. Patel J et al. Design and development of solid nano particulate dosage forms of telmisartan for bioavailability enhancement by integration of experimental design and principal component analysis. Powder Technol. 2014; 258:331–43.
13. Dumpala RL and Khodakiya A. Formulation and statistical optimization of S-SMEDDS of nicardipine hydrochloride by using BBD and PCA design. Int J Pharm Sci and Res 2021. 12(3): 1860-74.
14. Piao H et al. Oral delivery of diclofenac sodium using a novel solid-in-oil suspension. IntJ Pharm. 2006; 313:159–62.
15. Popescu C et al. 2013. Preparation and characterization of Nicardipine Hydrochloride solid dispersions by cyclodextrin complexation. AAPS Annual Meeting. The University of Mississippi, School of Pharmacy, San Antonio.