G. Prudhvinath, B. Prashanthi, V. Padmabhushana Chary, M. Chinna Eswaraiah, G. Shivani
G. Prudhvinath1, B. Prashanthi1, V. Padmabhushana Chary1*, M. Chinna Eswaraiah2, G. Shivani1
1Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance, Anurag Pharmacy College, Kodad, Suryapet, Telangana, India -508206.
2Pharmacognosy, Anurag Pharmacy College, Kodad, Suryapet, Telangana, India -508206.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 6,
Year - 2022
A simple, economical, accurate, precise and less time-consuming UV spectrophotometric method has been developed and validated for estimation of Ascorbyl palmitate in bulk and pharmaceutical formulations. In this method, Ascorbyl palmitate exhibits maximum absorbance (? max) at 261nm. The drug obeys Beer’s law in the concentration range of 2-12µg/ml. The method was validated as per the International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines. Drug followed the linearity in the concentration range of 2-12µg/ml with correlation coefficient (R2) of 0.998. The validity of the proposed method was assessed by applying the standard addition technique where the percentage recovery of the added standard was found to be 100% -109.7%. The limit of detection and quantification were calculated to be 0.1200µg/ml and 0.363µg/ml respectively. The proposed method is recommended for routine analysis of Ascorbyl palmitate in bulk and dosage forms in quality control testing laboratories. Since it is rapid, simple, accurate, sensitive and economical.
Cite this article:
G. Prudhvinath, B. Prashanthi, V. Padmabhushana Chary, M. Chinna Eswaraiah, G. Shivani. UV Spectrophotometric Method Development and Validation for the Determination of Ascorbyl Palmitate in Bulk and its Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(6):2737-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00458
G. Prudhvinath, B. Prashanthi, V. Padmabhushana Chary, M. Chinna Eswaraiah, G. Shivani. UV Spectrophotometric Method Development and Validation for the Determination of Ascorbyl Palmitate in Bulk and its Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(6):2737-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00458 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-6-62
1. W.M. Cort; Antioxidant Activity of Tocopherols, Ascorbyl Palmitate and Ascorbic Acid and Their Mode of Action, Journal of The American Oil Chemists Society, 1974, Vol-51, Issue-7.
2. N Jagrithi, Shalem K, Vijaya sri, M A Madhuri, : Development of Validation of UV Spectroscopic Method for the Estimation of Sofosbouvir in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms, Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry 2018, Vol.11, Issue-III, 563-568.
3. V.P Devamurari; Simultaneous Spectrophotometric Determination of Lamivudine and Abacavir in the Mixture, Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry, 2016, Vol-I, Issue –7, 707-709.
4. Indrani Chandra, Ripunjoy Bardoloi, Debarupa D. Chakraborty, Prithviraj Chakraborty, Smita Rekha Chanda Das; Development & Validation of UV-Spectroscopic Method for Estimation of Niacin in Bulk & Pharmaceutical Dosage Form, Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol-7, Issue-09, 81-84.
5. K. Anandakumar, K. Anusha, V. Kokila Vani, V.P, Sangeetha, R. Saranya, M. Jambu, Lingam, J Ramesh; Method Development and Validation of UV Spectroscopic Method for the Determination of Lamivudine as an active Pharmaceutical Ingredient and In Tablet Dosage Form, International Journal of Pharmaceuticals & Health Care Research, 2017, Vol-5, Issue -04. 129-137.