Srinivasarao Pakalapati, Paul Douglas, Chidananda Swamy Rumalla, Muralidharan Kaliyaperumal
Srinivasarao Pakalapati1*, Paul Douglas1, Chidananda Swamy Rumalla2, Muralidharan Kaliyaperumal2
1Department of Engineering Chemistry, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, AP, 530003, India.
2Department of Medicinal Chemistry, GVK Biosciences Pvt. Ltd, IDA Nacharam, Hyderabad, Telangana, 500076, India.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 6,
Year - 2022
The present work aimed to develop a novel liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry (LC-MS) method for the determination of Talazoparib (TZPB) in pharmaceutical forms. Analysis of TZPB was performed in mobile phase of Methanol, Acetonitrile and 0.2% Perchloric acid in the ratio of 70:28:02 (v/v) as mobile phase and separation was carried on Prontosil ODS C18 Column (150 X 4.6mm, 5µ) as stationary phase. The degradative property of the TZPB under different stress conditions were evaluated using mass spectral analysis of the eluted compounds. The characterization of column eluents was carried on mass spectrometer operated in a positive ESI (electrospray ionization) mode and analyzed in single quadrupole analyzer. The mass spectra corresponding to molecular weight of TZPB was observed at m/z of 381 and characteristic mass fragmentation was observed in the spectra (m/z of 339 to 204). The linear calibration curve for TZPB was achieved in the range of 0.1–150 ng/mL (r = 0.9994) with a very sensitive detection limit (0.03ng/mL) and quantification limit (0.1ng/mL). The method was validated for parameters such as accuracy, precision, ruggedness, robustness etc and the results of the validation parameters are within acceptable limit at all quality control levels. The forced degradation studied for conditions such as acid, base, oxidation, UV light and thermal degradation conditions. The method can separate and detect the degradation compounds formed during the stress study. The forced degradation compounds formed were characterized using mass spectral study and a total 9 different degradation compounds were identified in the study. Hence the method can apply in identification and quantification of degradation compounds of TZPB in quality control and formulations.
Cite this article:
Srinivasarao Pakalapati, Paul Douglas, Chidananda Swamy Rumalla, Muralidharan Kaliyaperumal. Novel LC–MS Method development and Validation for Characterization of Talazoparib, an Anti-cancer drug and its forced degradation behavior. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(6):2592-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00433
Srinivasarao Pakalapati, Paul Douglas, Chidananda Swamy Rumalla, Muralidharan Kaliyaperumal. Novel LC–MS Method development and Validation for Characterization of Talazoparib, an Anti-cancer drug and its forced degradation behavior. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(6):2592-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00433 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-6-37
1. David SL. Diana LU. Shannon NW, Lilie LL. Phase I study of the PARP inhibitor talazoparib with radiation therapy for locally recurrent gynecologic cancers. Clinical and Translational Radiation Oncology 2020; 21: 56-61. doi.org/10.1016/j.ctro.2019.12.005
2. Javle M. Curtin NJ. The role of PARP in DNA repair and its therapeutic exploitation. Br J Cancer 2011; 105(8):1114- 1122. doi.org/ 10.1038/bjc.2011.382
3. Jessica B. Stan K. Timothy Y. PARP inhibitors: the race is on. British Journal of Cancer 2011; 114(7): 713–715. doi.org/10.1038/bjc.2016.67.
4. Yuqiao S. Mika AS. Bing W. Trapping Poly (ADP-Ribose) Polymerase. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 2015; 353 (3):446-57. doi.org/ 10.1124/jpet.114.222448
5. Jodi E. Kumar R. Baldwin P. Noelle CO. Leal AS. Royce DB. Din ZAL. Van de VKT. Liby SS. Sustained Release Talazoparib Implants for Localized Treatment of BRCA1-deficient Breast Cancer. Theranostics 2017; 7(17):4340-43409. doi.org/ 10.7150/thno.18563
6. Meyyanathan SN. Babu B. Kalaivani M. Development and Validation of An Analytical Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectroscopy Method for the Estimation Febuxostat in Pharmaceutical Formulation. Research J Pharm and Tech 2019; 12(5):2137-2140. doi.org/ 10.5958/0974-360X.2019.00354.8
7. Mohammed EAH. Leyla HS. Oludotun AP. Elijah OK. Alice Babu. A Rapid liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry Method for the Determination of Ciprofloxacin in Rabbits Serum Following Intra-gastric Dosing: Application to Pharmacokinetics Study. Research J Pharm and Tech 2012; 5(5): 624-631.
8. Vishnu. K. Narenderan ST. Vishnupriya S. Babu B. Meyyanathan SNA. Sensitive Liquid Chromatography-tandem Mass Spectrometry Method for the Estimation of Cilostazol in Bulk and in a Pharmaceutical Formulation. Research J Pharm and Tech 2019; 12(6): 2781-2783. doi.org/ 10.5958/0974-360X.2019.00467.0
9. Srinivasa R. Nirmala N. Imran A. Licto T. Arindam M. Saral T. Development and Validation of two LCMS/MS Methods for Simultaneous Estimation of Oseltamivir and its Metabolite in Human Plasma and Application in Bioequivalence Study. Asian J Pharm Ana 2016; 6(2): 91-101. doi.org/ 10.5958/2231-5675.2016.00014.4
10. Pinkie C. Sheela D. LCMS spectral analysis of Betacyanin Pigments in Amaranthus L. Res J Pharmacognosy and Phytochem 2017; 9(4): 219-222. doi.org/ 10.5958/0975-4385.2017.00040.1
11. Maruthi R. Chandan RS. Anand KT. Characterization of impurities in Teneligliptin hydrobromide hydrate by using LCMS/MS and NMR. Research J Pharm and Tech 2020; 13(8):3569-3576 doi.org/ 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00631.9
12. Srinivasa R. Anandan P. Arvind K. Sreedevi R. Arindam M. Saral T. Estimation of Gliclazide in Human Plasma by LCMS/MS. Research J Pharm and Tech 2013; 6(9): 985-989.
13. Sathiyaraj M. Vijay AR. Senthilkumar N. Bioanalytical Method Development and Validation of Esomepraole in Human Plasma by LCMS/MS. Asian J Research Chem 2010; 3(2): 477-484.
14. Srinivasa R. Nirmala N. Imran A. Licto T. Arindam M. Saral T. Development and Validation of two LCMS/MS Methods for Simultaneous Estimation of Oseltamivir and its Metabolite in Human Plasma and Application in Bioequivalence Study. Asian J Pharm Ana 2016; 6(2): 91-101. doi.org/ 10.5958/2231-5675.2016.00014.4
15. Srinivas R, Jibin VJ. Aravind K. Arindam M. Saral T. Method development and validation for estimation of Felodipine in human plasma by LCMS/MS. Asian J Research Chem 2013; 6(3): 263-267. doi.org/
16. Mahendra KH. Srikanth K. Srinath P. Development and validation of a high-performance liquid chromatography method for the quantification of talazoparib in rat plasma: Application to plasma protein binding studies. Biomedical Chromatography 2017; 32(2): 4046-64. doi.org/10.1002/bmc.4046