Archana Rajmane, Rahul Trivedi, Tanaji Nandgude
email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Archana Rajmane1, Rahul Trivedi2, Tanaji Nandgude3
1Research Scholar, B. R. Nahata College of Pharmacy, Mandsaur University, Mandsaur, 458001, MP, India.
2Associate Professor, B. R. Nahata College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacology, Mandsaur University, Mandsaur MP, India.
3Associate Professor, Dr. D. Y. Patil Institute of Pharmaceutical Science and Research, Pimpri, Pune, 411018, Maharashtra, India.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 6,
Year - 2022
A simple, accurate, precise spectrophotometric method was developed for the detection of Pirenzepine dihydrochloride (PZC). The optimum condition for the analysis of the drug was studied. PZC was subjected to stress degradation under different conditions like acidic, alkali, neutral, oxidation, photolytic, and thermal degradation as per recommended by the International Conference on Harmonization (ICH). The samples thus prepared were used for degradation studies by with the developed method. The lambda max i.e. absorption maxima found at 281nm and calibration curve linear over the range of 0-20µg/ml. The standard regression equation and correlation coefficient fond to be y = 0.04x + 0.056 R² = 0.998 respectively. Percent RSD found to be less than one. The accepted limits of accuracy (recovery) were found to be 90% - 120% and all observed data are within required range which indicates good recovery value. and LOD and LOQ found to be 0.165 and 0.500 respectively by simple UV spectroscopy.
Cite this article:
Archana Rajmane, Rahul Trivedi, Tanaji Nandgude. Development and Validation of UV Spectrophotometric Method of Pirenzepine Dihydrochloride in API and Stress Degradation Studies. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(6):2503-7. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00418
Archana Rajmane, Rahul Trivedi, Tanaji Nandgude. Development and Validation of UV Spectrophotometric Method of Pirenzepine Dihydrochloride in API and Stress Degradation Studies. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(6):2503-7. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00418 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-6-22
1. Humeida El-Obeid et.al. Analytical Profile of Pirenzepine dihydrochloride, Academic Press, New York 1987;16(1): 447-483.
2. J. Tu. et. al. HPLC determination of pirenzepine dihydrochloride in rabbit aqueous humor. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Science.2005. August; 822(1-2):300-3. DOI: 10.1016/j.jchromb.2005.03.026.
3. Galatage ST et.al. Determination Of Amphotericin B In Bulk And Pharmaceutical Formulation By Spectrophotometer. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences. 2020May;11(3):31-37.
4. ICH Harmonized Tripartite Guideline Validation of Analytical Procedures: Text and Methodology, Q2(R1), Current Step 4Version, Parent Guidelines on Methodology,1996.
5. Patil SM, Galatage ST, Patil AB. Development Of Validated UV Spectrophotometric Method For Estimation Of Fosfestrol In Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2013;6(3):2345-2353.
6. Hiremath R. et.al. Development and Validation of UV Spectrophotometric Area Under Curve (AUC) Method for Sildenafil Citrate in Pharmaceutical Formulation. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2016;9(3):235-237.
7. Sumithra M, Yuvanesh P, Mistry A. Analytical method development and validation of ambroxol hydrochloride by UV spectroscopy and forced degradation study and detection of stability. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2016; 9(7):794-800.
8. Pravallika KE et.al. Development and validation of UV spectrophotometric methods for the estimation of vortioxetine hydrobromide in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage forms. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology.(2017); 10(11): 3928-3932.
9. Sushma G.et.al New first derivative spectrophotometric methods for the determination of Sitagliptin - An antidiabetic agent. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology.2020;13(6): 2838-2842.
10. Bandgar SA, Jadhav NR. Validated UV Spectrophotometric method for Estimation of Simvastatin in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Formulation. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2019; 12(12): 5745-5748.
11. Manideep G. et.al. Development and Validation of A UV Spectroscopic Method to Estimate Etoricoxib in Bulk and Tablet Formulation. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2018; 11(2):758-760.
12. Kumar S. et.al. UV Spectrophotometric Method Development and Validation for the Estimation of Gliclazide in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Asian Journal of Pharma Analysis 2016; 6(3): 143-146.
13. Raut ID, Doijad RC, Mohite SK. Validated Spectrophotometric method for estimation of Paclitaxel in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Formulation. International Journal of Pharmacy. 2017; 7(1): 68-72.
14. Sreejith KR, Rajagopal PL, Premaletha K. Analytical Method Development and Validation of Anastrozole in Pure and Tablet Dosage Form by UV Spectroscopy Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2017;10(4), 1015-1019.
15. Mulsa N.et. al. Development of the UV Spectrophotometric Method of Phenytoin Sodium in API and Stress Degradation Studies. Inventi Rapid: Pharm Analysis and Quality Assurance. 2013; (1): 1-5.
16. Kaul N.et.al. The ICH Guidance in Practice: Stress Degradation Studies on Stavudine and Development of a Validated Specific Stability-Indicating HPTLC Assay Method, Journal of Chromatographic Science. 2005; (43):406-415.
17. Hussain QS, Bukhari K. Method Development and Stress Degradation Profile of 5-Benzyl-1,3,4-Oxadiazole-2-Thiol Studied by UV Spectroscopy. Pharmaceutical Chemistry Journal. 2018; (52):278–283
18. Patil SM, Galatage ST, Choudhari AU. Delopement Of UV Spectrophotometric Method For Estimation Of Letrozole In Pure And Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Indo American Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2018 May;8(04):1080-1085.
19. Galatage ST, Trivedi R, Bhagwat DA. Characterization of camptothecin by analytical methods and determination of anticancer potential against prostate cancer. Future Journal of Pharmaceutical science. 2021May7;104:1-9. doi.org/10.1186/s 43094- 021- 00236-0.