Mohammad Hashim Mansoori, Bharat Sahu, Kamal Shah
Mohammad Hashim Mansoori1, Bharat Sahu2, Kamal Shah3*
1M. S. College of Pharmacy Devghar Taq-Wada District-Palghar Maharashtra India.
2Adina Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Sagar, Madhya Pradesh, India.
3Institute of Pharmaceutical Research, GLA University, 17 Km Stone, NH-2, Mathura-Delhi Road, P.O. Chaumuhan, Mathura - 281406 (U.P.), India.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 6,
Year - 2022
A cost-effective and simple spectrophotometric technique is established for the quantification of Ofloxacin and Ketorolac tromethamine in bulk drug and eye drops. In the present case the method developed based on simultaneous equation method. The two wavelengths were selected that is 296?nm and 320?nm. The equation was designed and the absorption coefficients for both of the drugs at both the wavelength was calculated. The developed method was applied to formulations too. Analysis of results were statistically validated and by resurgence studies. For routine determination of Ofloxacin and Ketorolac tromethamine, the method was found to be suitable in bulk drug and in formulations. Therefore, the current work aims in developing an easy method for spectrophotometric determination of Ofloxacin and Ketorolac tromethamine in eye drop dose form.
Cite this article:
Mohammad Hashim Mansoori, Bharat Sahu, Kamal Shah. Simultaneous Estimation of Ketorolac Tromethamine and Ofloxacin. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(6):2498-2. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00417
Mohammad Hashim Mansoori, Bharat Sahu, Kamal Shah. Simultaneous Estimation of Ketorolac Tromethamine and Ofloxacin. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(6):2498-2. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00417 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-6-21
1. O'brien TP, Maguire MG, Fink NE, Alfonso E, McDonnell P. Efficacy of Ofloxacin vs Cefazolin and Tobramycin in the Therapy for Bacterial Keratitis: Report From the Bacterial Keratitis Study Research Group. Archives of Ophthalmology. 1995; 113(10): 1257.
2. Liu JL. K-ratio and Differential Spectrophotometry of Ofloxacin and Metronidazole in compound Ofloxacin Ear Drops. Chinese Journal of Pharmacy. 1997; 28: 514-515.
3. Donnenfeld ED, Perry HD, Snyder RW, Moadel R, Elsky M, Jones H. Intracorneal, aqueous humor, and vitreous humor penetration of topical and oral ofloxacin. Archives of Ophthalmology. 1997; 115(2): 173-176.
4. Choe CH, Bouhaouala SS, Brook I, Elliot TB, Knudson GB. In vitro development of resistance to ofloxacin and doxycycline in Bacillus anthracis Sterne. Antimicrobial agents and chemotherapy. 2000; 44(6): 1766.
5. Emmanuelle C, Bonnafous P, Evelyne P, Sougakoff W, Baohong J, Vincent J. Molecular Detection of Rifampin and Ofloxacin Resistance for Patients Who Experience Relapse of Multibacillary Leprosy. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2002; 34(1): 39-45.
6. Senthilraja M. Simultaneous UV Spectrophotometric Method for the Estimation of Nitazoxanide and Ofloxacin in Combined Dosage Form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2008; 1(4): 469-471.
7. Pattanayak P, Sahoo S, Mohanty B, Padhi SK. Anthelmintic and Preliminary Phytochemical Screening of Nymphaea nouchali Burm.f. Against Intestinal Helminthiasis. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2009; 2(3): 537-539.
8. Patel AN, Patel HU, Patel CN, Jayswal UP. Estimation of Cefixime Trihydrate and Ofloxacin in Combined Dosage Form by UV-Spectrophotometric Methods. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2011; 4(6): 976-978.
9. O'Hara DA, Fragen RJ, Kinzer M, Pemberton D. Ketorolac tromethamine as compared with morphine sulphate for the treatment of postoperative pain. Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics. 1987; 41(5): 556-561.
10. Brocks DR, Jamali F. Clinical Pharmacokinetics of Ketorolac Tromethamine. Clinical pharmacokinetics. 1992; 23(6): 415-427.
11. Singer AJ, Mynster CJ, McMahon BJ. The effect of IM ketorolac tromethamine on bleeding time: a prospective, interventional, controlled study. The American Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2003; 21(5): 441-443.
12. Chawla A, Ahuja M. In Vitro and In Vivo Evaluation of the Chitosan Microparticulate Ocular Delivery System of Ketorolac Tromethamine. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2009; 2(3): 456-462.
13. Begum MY, Shaik MR, Abbulu K, Sudhakar M. Ketorolac Tromethamine Loaded Liposomes: Development, Characterization and In Vitro Evaluation. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2011; 4(11): 1766-1771.
14. Annapurna MM, Vellanki Sevyatha SV, Sushmitha M. Simultaneous determination of Ketorolac tromethamine and Fluorometholone in Eye drops by spectrophotometry. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2017; 10(4): 1179-1183.
15. Chaithanya SM, Annapurna MM. Method Development and Validation of a new RP-HPLC method for the simultaneous Assay of Ketorolac Tromethamine and Fluorometholone. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2018; 11(7): 3119-3122.
16. Khatri U, Rathore KS, Saini S, Bharkatiya M. Formulation and Evaluation of Ketorolac Tromethamine using 32 Factorial Design. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2020; 13(6): 2556-2562.
17. Fegade JD, Mehta HP, Chaudhari RY, Patil VR. Simultaneous Spectrophotometric Estimation of Ofloxacin and Ketorolac Tromethamine in ophthalmic dosage form. International Journal of ChemTech Research. 2009; 1(2): 189–194.
18. Razzaq SN, Ashfaq M, Khan IU, Mariam I. Stability indicating HPLC method for the simultaneous determination of ofloxacin and ketorolac tromethamine in pharmaceutical formulations. Analytical Methods. 2012; 4(7): 2121-2126.
19. Vichare V, Tambe V, Joshi SV, Dhole SN. New Simultaneous UV-Visible Spectrophotometric Methods for Estimation of Ofloxacin and Ketorolac Tromethamine in Ophthalmic Dosage Form. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2013; 3(2): 53-57.
20. Gandla K, Kumar JM, Bikshapathi DB, Spandana R. A validated RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of febuxostat and ketorolac tromethamine in pharmaceutical formulations. Journal of Drug delivery and Therapeutics. 2012; 2(3): 173-176.
21. Sunil G, Jambulingam M, Thangadurai SA. Kamalakannan D, Sundaraganapathy R, Jothimanivannan C, Development and validation of ketorolac tromethamine in eye drop formulation by RP-HPLC method. Arabian Journal of Chemistry. 2017; 10(1): S928-S935.
22. Bhatt YJ, Sharma SK, Multani PJ. A Validated UV Spectrophotometric Method for the Estimation of Olopatadine and Ketorolac Tromethamine in Ophthalmic Dosage Form. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research. 2013; 20(2): 118-120.
23. Patil VP, Devdhe SJ, Angadi SS, Kale SH, Phalke SD, Shelke SD, Patil RH. Validated Spectrophotometric Method for the Estimation of Ketorolac Tromithamine in Bulk and Tablets Using Ninhydrin: A Modified Approach. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2014; 7(1): 19-24.
24. John P, Azeem W, Ashfaq M, Khan IU, Razzaq SN. Stability indicating RP-HPLC method for simultaneous determination of piroxicam and ofloxacin in binary combination. Pakistan journal of pharmaceutical sciences. 2015; 28(5): 1713-1721.
25. Parmar R, Tandel F, Patel N. Ratio spectra derivative UV Spectrophotometric method for simultaneous estimation of ketorolac tromethamine and phenylephrine hydrochloride in immediate release tablet. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2015; 7(11): 13-16.
26. Chintawar PP, Pawar PN, Harde MT, Joshi SV, Chaudhari PD. Spectrophotometric Methods for Simultaneous Estimation of Moxifloxacin HCl and Ketorolac Tromethamine. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2010; 3(3): 767-771.
27. Khairnar DA, Chaudhari CS, Anantwar SP. Method Development and Validation of Ketorolac Tromethamine in Tablet Formulation by RP-HPLC Method. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research. 2014; 5(9): 3696-3703.
28. Bhole RP, Jagadale PD, Chitlange SS, Wankhede SB. A Simple and Sensitive HPTLC Method for Simultaneous Analysis of Phenylephrine hydrochloride and Ketorolac tromethamine in Combined Dose Formulation. Analytical Chemistry Letters. 2015; 5(4): 206-215.
29. Rao J, Sethy K, Yadav S. Validated HPTLC Method for Simultaneous Quantitation of Cefixime and Ofloxacin in Bulk Drug and in Pharmaceutical Formulation. International Journal of Comprehensive Pharmacy. 2011; 2(4): 1-5.
30. Nanjwade BK, Manjappa AS, Murthy RSR, Pol YD. A novel pH-triggered in situ gel for sustained ophthalmic delivery of ketorolac tromethamine. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2009; 4(3): 189-199.
31. Devarajan PV, Gore SP, Chavan SV. HPTLC determination of ketorolac tromethamine. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis. 2000; 22(4): 679-683.
32. The United States Pharmacopoeia. National Formulary-USP XXIV. Rockville MD. United States Pharmacopeial Convention Inc. 1998; 2149-2152.
33. Kothapalli LP, Mare SG, Thomas AB, Nanda RK, Deshpande AD. Simultaneous Spectrophotometric Methods for Estimation of Metformin and Fenofibrate in synthetic mixture. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2008; 1(2): 86-88.
34. Kakde RB, Kotak VH, Barsagade AG, Chaudhary NK, Kale DL. Spectrophotometric Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Amlodipine Besylate and Bisoprolol Fumarate in Pharmaceutical Preparations. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2008; 1(4): 513-515.