A simple, Accurate, precise method was developed for the simultaneous estimation of the Sofosbuvir and Daclatasvir in Tablet dosage form. Chromatogram was run through Standard Ascentis C18 150 x 4.6mm, 5m. Mobile phase containing Acetonitrile: Water taken in the ratio 60:40 was pumped through column at a flow rate of 0.7ml/min. Temperature was maintained at 30°C. Optimized wavelength selected was 279nm. Retention time of Sofosbuvir and Daclatasvir were found to be 2.198 min and 2.765 min. %RSD of the Sofosbuvir and Daclatasvir were and found to be 0.4 and 0.3 respectively. %Recovery was obtained as 99.88% and 99.80% for Sofosbuvir and Daclatasvir respectively. LOD, LOQ values obtained from regression equations of Sofosbuvir and Daclatasvir were 1.73, 5.23 and 0.12, 0.36 respectively. Regression equation of Sofosbuvir is y = 9010x+ 21702, and y = 10136x+1757 of Daclatasvir Retention times were decreased and that run time was decreased, so the method developed was simple and economical that can be adopted in regular Quality control test in Industries.
Cite this article:
Anil Vikas Yamana, Chandra Sekhar Kothapalli Bonnoth. Validated Method development for estimation of Sofosbuvir and Daclatasvir in bulk and their dosage form by using RP-HPLC. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(6):2447-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00408
Anil Vikas Yamana, Chandra Sekhar Kothapalli Bonnoth. Validated Method development for estimation of Sofosbuvir and Daclatasvir in bulk and their dosage form by using RP-HPLC. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(6):2447-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00408 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-6-12
1. Vitarani N. Ari W. Isma F. Zullies I. Ahmad S. Mohammad I. Validation of an HPLC-UV Method for the Determination of Metformin Hydrochloride in Spiked-human Plasma for the Application of Therapeutic Drug Monitoring. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2018; 11(6): 2197-2202. DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2018.00406.7
2. Satya A. Ashutosh S. Saravanan J. Debnath M. Greeshma V. Sai Krishna N. Madhusudhan Rao Ch. A New RP-HPLC Method Development for Simultaneous Estimation of Metformin and Gliclazide in Bulk as well as in Pharmaceutical Formulation by using PDA Detector. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2014; 7(2): 142-150.
3. Sandhya SM. Shiji PS. Simple and Rapid Simultaneous RP-HPLC Method for Determination of Glimepiride and Metformin in Tablet Dosage Form. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2014; 7(8): 906-909.
4. Lata K. Shivaji M. Veeren D. Anupam B. Asha T. Nanda RK. Deshpande AD. Simultaneous RP-HPLC Method for Estimation of Metformin Hydrochloride and Fenofibrate in Synthetic Mixture. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2009; 2 (4): 694-697.
5. Manojkumar KM. Nilesh SK. Nikita BR. Dhanya BS. A Comprehensive Review on Analytical Method Development and Validation for SGLT-2 Inhibitors by HPLC in Its API and Dosage Form. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2020; 13(7): 3472-3479. DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00616.2
6. Asmita VG. Preeti K. A Comprehensive Review on various HPLC based Analytical techniques used for the Estimation of SGLT2 inhibitors type of Antidiabetic drugs in various dosage forms. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2020; 13(9): 4484-4490. DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00791.X
7. Bhanu B. Manish K. Bharti S. Vipin S. Shailendra B. Method Development and Validation for Estimation of Teneligliptin in Tablet Dosage Form by RP-HPLC. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2020; 13(4):1774-1778. DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00320.0
8. Parthiban C. Bhagavan M. Sudhakar M. A Novel Simultaneous Estimation of Metformin, Glimepiride and Rosiglitazone in Tablet Dosage Form by RP-HPLC Method. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2011; 4(10): 1576-1580.
9. Uttam Prasad K. Kumari T. Ram Mohan K. Abbulu. RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation for Simultaneous Estimation of Prazosin and Polythiazide in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2020; 13(4):1779-1787. DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00321.2
10. Rahane RD. Punit RR. Development and Validation of Simultaneous Estimation of Metformin Hydrochloride and Glimepiride in Physiological media. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2020; 13(11):5360-5364. DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00937.3
11. Khushbu S. Amit K. Paresh U. Development and validation of stability indicating RP-HPLC method for the simultaneous estimation of sofosbuvir and daclatasvir dihydrochloride in solid dosage form. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2018; 7 (3): 45-51.
12. MagdyAtef W. Samia M. Sobhy E. Mohamed E. Development and Validation of a New, Simple-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Determination of Sofosbuvir, Daclatasvir and Ribavirin in Tablet Dosage Form IOSR Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences 2017; 12 (5): 60-68. DOI: 10.9790/3008-1205036068
13. Benzil D. Ramachandraiah C. Devanna N. Analytical method development and validation for the simultaneous estimation of sofosbuvir and daclatasvir drug product by RP-HPLC method. Indo American Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 2017; 7 (07): 10-21.
14. Hanaa S. Gamal H. Mohammed A. Stability indicating HPLC method development and validation for determination of daclatasvir in pure and tablets dosage forms. Indo American Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2016; 3 (12): 1565-1572.
15. Shaadmin S. Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for quantitative analysis of sofosbuvir in pure and pharmaceutical formulation. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2018; 10 (5): 6647-6658.