Jyoti, Rishikesh Gupta, Alok Mahor
Jyoti1,2, Rishikesh Gupta2, Alok Mahor2
1Institute of Pharmacy, Bundelkhand University, Kanpur Road, Jhansi UP – 284128.
2School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Maharishi University of Information Technology, Lucknow.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 6,
Year - 2022
Objective: The objective of current study was to formulate and characterize nanolipid carriers of paclitaxel with increased solubility and % release profile of the drug which leads improvement of bioavailability. Methods: It is proposed to incorporate the hydrophobic anticancer drug such as paclitaxel in NLCs to increase the bioavailability and solubility of the therapeutic agent and to assess the developed formulation’s efficacy by in-vitro drug release profile. The main intents of the study are to utilize the various attributes of the proposed biopolymer (glycerol caprate) for the preparation of NLCs to encapsulate paclitaxel. The objectives of the study are to appraise the morphological, physiochemical characteristics of the developed system with their in-vitro performance. Result: The result of the NLCs characterization was evaluated by Zeta potential, poly dispersity index (PDI), percentage entrapment efficiency, drug loading, solubility and partition co-efficient. Conclusion: The result concluded stable NLCs formulation with improved solubility and extended in-vitro drug release.
Cite this article:
Jyoti, Rishikesh Gupta, Alok Mahor. Fabrication and Characterization of Paclitaxel Loaded ATO-5 Nano-Lipid Carriers (NLC’s) for Extended Drug Release. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(6):2442-6. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00407
Jyoti, Rishikesh Gupta, Alok Mahor. Fabrication and Characterization of Paclitaxel Loaded ATO-5 Nano-Lipid Carriers (NLC’s) for Extended Drug Release. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(6):2442-6. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00407 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-6-11
1. Daharwal SJ. Swarnlata S. Saraf S. Spectrophotometric method for simultaneous estimation of amoxicillin and tinidazole in tablet dosage form. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Education and Research 2007; 41(1):35-41.
2. Mishra B. Patel BB and Tiwari S. Colloidal nanocarriers: A review on formulation technology, types and applications toward targeted drug delivery. Nanomedicine 2010; 6:9– 24. doi:10.1016/j.nano.2009.04.008
3. Bornare AS. Saudagar RB. Nanostructured Lipid Carrier (NLC): A Modern Approach for Transdermal Drug Delivery. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2017;10(8): 2784-2792. doi:10.5958/0974-360X.2017.00493.0
4. Barratt GM. Therapeutic applications of colloidal drug carriers. Pharma Science Technology Today 2000; 3:163–171. doi:10.1016/s1461-5347(00)00255-8
5. Puri D. Bhandari A. Sharma P. Choudhary D. Lipid nanoparticles (SLN, NLC): A novel approach for cosmetic and dermal pharmaceutical. Journal of Global Pharma Technology 2010; 2:1-15.
6. Venkateswara Rao S. Sathesh Kumar S. Nanocarrier Based Anticancer Drug Delivery System: Current Trends and Prospects. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2017; 10(1): 330-336. doi:10.5958/0974-360X.2017.00067.1
7. Schäfer-Korting M. Mehnert W and Korting HC. Lipid nanoparticles for improved topical application of drugs for skin diseases. Advance Drug Delivery Review 2007; 59:427-443. doi:10.1016/j.addr.2007.04.006
8. Jordan MA and Wilson L. Microtubules as a target for anticancer drugs. Nature Reviews Cancer 2004; 4:253–265. doi:10.1038/nrc1317
9. Sahu K. Pathak R. Agrawal N. Banjare P. Sharma H. Sahu G. A Review of the Novel Drug Delivery System used in the Treatment of Cancer. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology 2019; 11(3):199-205. doi:10.5958/0975-4377.2019.00035.1
10. Sparreboom A. Van Tellingen O. Nooijen WJ. Beijnen JH. Nonlinear pharmacokinetics of paclitaxel in mice results from the pharmaceutical vehicle Cremophor EL. Cancer Research. 1996; 56:2112–2115. PMID:8616858
11. Mahapatra L. Swathi A. Biswal B and Jena A. Formulation and Evaluation of Paclitaxel Nanocrystals for Parenteral Administration by Using PVP, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Health Science 2017; 5(5):1424-30.doi:10.21276/ijprhs.2017.05.19
12. United States Pharmacopeia and National Formulary (USP-NF 34). Rockville, M.D.: United States Pharmacopeial Convention; 2016
13. Partition Coefficient (1-Octanol/Water):Slow-Stirring Method (Test No.123), OECD Guideline for The Testing of Chemicals. 11.07.2006
14. Jinnawar K.S and Gupta KR. Drug excipient compatibility study using thermal and non thermal methods of analysis. International Journal of Chemtechnology and Application 2013; 2(2):23-49.
1. Swidan SA. Ghonaim HM. Samy AM. Ghorab MM. “Efficacy and In Vitro Cytotoxicity of Nanostructured Lipid Carriers for Paclitaxel Delivery. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Sciences 2016; 6(09):18-26. doi:10.7324/JAPS.2016.60903
15. Hunter RJ. Zeta Potential in Colloid Science: Principles and Applications. Academic Press, New York, 1981.
16. Zhang HW. Dang Q. Zhang ZW and Wu FS. Development, characterization and evaluation of doxorubicin nanostructured lipid carriers for prostate cancer. Journal of Balkan Union of Oncology 2017; 22(1):102-111. PMID:28365942
17. Kumar P. Ganure AL. Subudhi BB. Shukla S. Design and Comparative Evaluation of In-vitro Drug Release, Pharmacokinetics and Gamma Scintigraphic Analysis of Controlled Release Tablets Using Novel pH Sensitive Starch and Modified Starch- acrylate Graft Copolymer Matrices. Iran Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 2015; 14(3):677–691. PMID: 26330856
18. Vicari L. Musumeci T. Giannone I. et al. Paclitaxel loading in PLGA nanospheres affected the in vitro drug cell accumulation and antiproliferative activity. BMC Cancer 2008; 8:2-12. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2407-8-212
19. Bornare AS. Saudagar RB. Nanostructured Lipid Carrier (NLC): A Modern Approach for Transdermal Drug Delivery. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2017; 10(8):2784-2792. doi:10.5958/0974-360X.2017.00493.0
20. Jagadeesan B. Hari Haran P. Praveen D. Ranadheer Chowdary P and Vijey Aanandhi M. A Comprehensive Review on Pancreatic Cancer. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2021; 14(1):552-554. doi:10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00100.1
21. Gatta AK. Philip NV. Chandrashekhar HR. Udupa N. Reddy MS. Mutalik S. Josyula VR. Strategic design of potential siRNA molecules for in vitro Evaluation in ABCG2 resistant Breast cancer and in vivo toxicity Determination. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2021; 14(1):55-61. doi:10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00011.1