Hplc method has been developed and validated for the quantification of Favipiravir in tablet formulation The chromatographic separation was achieved by using Luna® Phenomenex C8(150x4.6 mm,5µm) with the mobile phase comprising of water and methanol in the ratio of 95:5v/v. The flow rate was 1ml/min and the separated Favipiravir was detected at 229 nm. The retention time of Favipiravir was 4.3 minutes. The linearity data showed good linear relationship (r2= 0.9997) within the concentration range of 10-50 µg/ml. The method was successfully validated in accordance to the ICH guidelines and method was found to be sensitive, accurate, precise, and reproducible.
Cite this article:
M. S. Kalshetti, Sagar G. Adlinge. Development and Validation of HPLC Method for Quantification of Favipiravir in Tablet. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(3):1319-2. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00220
M. S. Kalshetti, Sagar G. Adlinge. Development and Validation of HPLC Method for Quantification of Favipiravir in Tablet. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(3):1319-2. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00220 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-3-63
1. Saber-Ayad M, et al. The Rationale for Potential Pharmacotherapy of COVID-19. Pharmaceuticals (Basel). 2020 May 14;13(5):96. doi.org/10.3390/ph13050096.
2. Sohrabi C, et al. World Health Organization declares global emergency: A review of the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Int J Surg. 2020 Apr;76:71-76.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsu.2020.02.034.
3. Zhu R, et al. Systematic Review of the Registered Clinical Trials of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). medRxiv; 2020.doi.org/10.1101/2020.03.01.20029611.
4. Bulduk İ, et al. HPLC-UV method for quantification of favipiravir in pharmaceutical formulations. Acta Chromatographica. Jul 7, 2021;33(3):209-215.doi.org /10.1556/1326.2020.00828.
5. Dong L, et al. Discovering drugs to treat coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Drug Discov. Ther. 2020;14(1):58–60. doi.org/10.5582/ddt.2020.01012.
6. Chen C, et al. Favipiravir versus arbidol for COVID-19. A randomized clinical trial, medRxiv 2020;3:17–20.doi.org/10.1101/2020.03.17.20037432.
7. Murugan S, Chandra Sekhar R. Method Development and Validation of Fingolimod in Bulk and Tablet Dosage Form by RP-HPLC. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2017; 10(8): 2573-2576. doi.org/10.5958/0974-360X.2017.00456.5.