Zeyad Khudhur Abdulrazzaq, Abdulkareem Hamad Ayfan
Zeyad Khudhur Abdulrazzaq1, Abdulkareem Hamad Ayfan2
1Department of Chemistry, College of Education for Pure Sciences, University Of Anbar, Anbar, Iraq.
2College of Pharmacy, University Of Anbar, Anbar, Iraq.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2022
This paper describes the synthesis of new Cu(II) complexes using copper (II) chloride and four ligands. L1 has been used to synthesize the (M1) complex. Three azomethine ligands have been used to synthesize the (M2, M3, M4) complexes. The synthesized compounds were characterized by FT-IR, 1H NMR and UV-Vis spectroscopy, moreover melting point. Molar ratio method has been used to determination of ligand to metal ratio, metal percentage in complexes has been evaluated by atomic absorption technique. Results showed that the complexes were square planar, and these compatibles with the proposed formula. Theoretical study was performed using Gaussian program W09 and AM1 method to evaluate HOMO, LUMO and some physical properties.
Cite this article:
Zeyad Khudhur Abdulrazzaq, Abdulkareem Hamad Ayfan. Synthesis, Characterization and Theoretical Study for certain Copper (II) complexes using Organic Chalcone Schiff bases as Ligands. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(3):1008-2. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00168
Zeyad Khudhur Abdulrazzaq, Abdulkareem Hamad Ayfan. Synthesis, Characterization and Theoretical Study for certain Copper (II) complexes using Organic Chalcone Schiff bases as Ligands. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(3):1008-2. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00168 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-3-11
1. A. Chakraborty, P. Kumar, K. Ghosh, and P. Roy. Evaluation of a Schiff base copper complex compound as potent anticancer molecule with multiple targets of action. European Journal of Pharmacology. vol. 647, no. 1–3, pp. 1–12, 2010.
2. S. M. Saadeh. Synthesis, characterization and biological properties of Co(II), Ni(II), Cu(II) and Zn(II) complexes with an SNO functionalized ligand. Arabian Journal of Chemistry. vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 191–196, 2013
3. M. Badea, L. Calu, M. C. Chiriuc, C. Bleotu, A. Marin, S. Ion, G. Ioni ta, N. Stanica, L. Maaru t¸escu, V. Lazar, D. Marinescu and R. Olar, J. Therm. Anal. Calorim. 2014, 118, 1145.
4. P. Panneerselvam, B. A. Rather, D. R. S. Reddy, and N. R. Kumar. Synthesis and anti-microbial screening of some Schiff bases of 3-amino-6,8-dibromo-2-phenylquinazolin-4(3H)-ones. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 2328– 2333, 2009.
5. X. Jin, J. Wang, and J. Bai. Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of the Schiff base from chitosan and citral. Carbohydrate Research, vol. 344, no. 6, pp. 825–829, 2009.
6. Y. C. Liu and Z. Y. Yang. Crystal structures, antioxidation and DNA binding properties of Eu(III) complexes with Schiff-base ligands derived from 8-hydroxyquinoline-2-carboxyaldehyde and three aroylhydrazines. Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry. vol. 103, no. 7, pp. 1014–1022, 2009
7. H. Nawaz, Z. Akhter, S. Yameen, H. M. Siddiqi, B. Mirza, and A. Rifat. Synthesis and biological evaluations of some Schiffbase esters of ferrocenyl aniline and simple aniline. Journal of Organometallic Chemistry. vol. 694, no. 14, pp. 2198–2203, 2009.
8. S. K. Bharti, G. Nath, R. Tilak, and S. K. Singh. Synthesis, antibacterial and anti-fungal activities of some novel Schiff bases containing 2,4-disubstituted thiazole ring. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 651–660, 2010.
9. G. B. Bagihalli, P. G. Avaji, S. A. Patil, and P. S. Badami. Synthesis, spectral characterization, in vitro antibacterial, antifungal and cytotoxic activities of Co(II), Ni(II) and Cu(II) complexes with 1,2,4-triazole Schiff bases. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. vol. 43, no. 12, pp. 2639–2649, 2008.
10. P.-L. Lam, K. K.-H. Lee, S. H.-L. Kok, R. Gambari, K.-H. Lam, C.-L. Ho, X. Ma, Y.-H. Lo, W.-Y. Wong, Q.-C. Dong, Z.- X. Bian, C.-H. Chui, RSC Advances. 2016, 6, 104575‒104581; DOI:10.1039/C6RA20186E
11. N. R. Palepu, S. L. Nongbri, J. R. Premkumar, A. K. Verma, K. Bhattacharjee, S. R. Joshi, S. Forbes, Y. Mozharivskyj, R. Thounaojam, K. Aguan, M. R. Kollipara. J. Biol. Inorg. Chem. 2015, 20, 619‒638; DOI:10.1007/s00775-015-1249-3
12. N. P. Rai, V. K. Narayanaswamy, T. Govender, B. K. Manuprasad, S. Shashikanth, P. N. Arunachalam, Eur. J. Med. Chem. 2010, 45, 2677‒2682. DOI:10.1016/j.ejmech.2010.02.021
13. Olalekan, T. E. Ogunlaja, A. S. VanBrecht, B. Watkins, G. M. Spectroscopic, Structural and Theoretical Studies of Copper(II) Complexes of Tridentate NOS Schiff Bases. J. Mol. Struct. 2016, 1122, 72−79.
14. Sundaravel K., Suresh, E., Palaniandavar M. Synthesis, Structures, Spectral and Electrochemical Properties of Copper(II) Complexes of Sterically Hindered Schiff Base Ligands. Inorg. Chim. Acta 2009, 362, 199−207.
15. Ayfan, A.K.H., Muslim, R.F., Noori, N.S., 2019. Preparation and characterization of novel disubstituted 1,3- oxazepine-tetra-one from schiff bases reaction with 3-methylfuran-2,5-dione and 3-phenyldihydrofuran-2,5-dione. Res. J. Pharm. Technol. 12, 1008–1016. https://doi.org/10.5958/0974-360X.2019.00167.7
16. Rasim Farraj Muslim, Marwan Mahmood Saleh, Suheb Eaid Saleh, 2019. Synthesis and characterization of new sulphur six-membered heterocyclic compounds and evaluation their biological activity, REVISTA AUS 26-2, 129-135. DOI:10.4206/aus.2019.n26.2.18/ www.ausrevista.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
17. Mahmood, R.S., Awad, M.A., Muslim, R.F. Preparation of some metallic complexes from selected organic ligands and characterization it spectrophotometry as a model of a ligand scavenger to metals in health applications, Annals of Tropical Medicine and Public Health. 23(13), 231374 (2020). http://doi.org/10.36295/ASRO.2020.231374
18. R. Muslim, H. Tawfeeq, M. Owaid and O. Abid. Synthesis, characterization and evaluation of antifungal activity of seven-membered heterocycles, Acta Pharm. Sci. 2018, 56(2), 39-57.
19. Hiba Maher Tawfeeq, Rasim Farraj Muslim, Obaid Hasan Abid, and Mustafa Nadhim Owaid. Synthesis and Characterization of Novel Five-Membered Heterocycles and Their Activity against Candida Yeasts. Acta Chim. Slov. 2019, 66, 552–559.
20. Ibrahim, N.S., Awad, M.A., Muslim, R.F. Synthesis and characterization of novel cadmium complexes from organic ligands. Biochemical and Cellular Archives. 20, 4079-4089 (2020).
21. Abdulkareem Hamad Ayfan, Rasim Farraj Muslim, Marwan Mahmood Saleh. Preparation, Diagnoses of novel hetero atom compounds and Evaluation the Antibacterial Activity of them. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 14(1), 79-84, 2021.
22. DJ Tozer, Chem. Phys. 2003, 119, 12697.
23. DJ Tozer ; FD Proft, J. Phys. Chem. 2005, 109, 8923.
24. Hiba Maher Tawfeeq, Rasim Farraj Muslim, Obaid Hasan Abid, Mustafa Nadhim Owaid. Synthesis and Characterization of Novel Tetrazole Derivatives and Evaluation of Their Anti-candidal Activity. Acta Pharm. Sci. 2019. 57(3), 45-63.
25. O. Abid, H. Tawfeeq and R. Muslim. Synthesis and Characterization of Novel 1,3-oxazepin-5(1H)-one Derivatives via Reaction of Imine Compounds with Isobenzofuran-1(3H)-one. Acta Pharm. Sci. 2017, 55(4), 43-55.