Solubility is a crucial characteristic for achieving the appropriate drug concentration in the systemic circulation and demonstrating pharmacological response. Poor water solubility can severely limit drug efficacy, and some medications can even cause negative effects as a result of their poor solubility. Enhancing water solubility can be done through several of methods. Increased water solubility can thus be a beneficial technique for enhancing therapeutic effectiveness and/or reducing side effects. This is true for solutions that are given intravenously, topically, or orally. Increasing the aqueous solubility of drugs that are weakly water soluble can be done in a variety of techniques. Hydrotropy is a solubility enhancement technique that uses hydrotropes such as sodium benzoate, sodium salicylate, sodium citrate, urea, ibuprofen sodium, and niacin amide to improve the solubility of poorly water-soluble drugs. Hydrotropic solubilization was employed in this study to solubilize weakly water-soluble drug like Dexamethasone utilizing hydrotropic agents like sodium benzoate (2M) and sodium salicylate (2M). Dexamethasone has maximum absorbance at 272.05nm, when sodium benzoate is used as a hydrotropic agent. In the 5-25 µg/ml concentration range, this substance follows the beers law. Dexamethasone shows maximum absorbance at 317.10nm, when sodium salicylate is used as a hydrotropic agent. In the concentrations ranging from 5 to 25µg/ml, this substance follows the beers law. The findings of studies have been statistically confirmed, as well as by re-examination studies. According to the ICH guidelines, validation parameters such as linearity, range, and assay were investigated.
Cite this article:
Santosh Karajgi, Sameersing Hajeri, Shripad Potadar. Utilization of Hydrotropic Solubilisation Technique for Quantitative Studies of Dexamethasone in Pharmaceutical preparations. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2022; 15(12):5785-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00976
Santosh Karajgi, Sameersing Hajeri, Shripad Potadar. Utilization of Hydrotropic Solubilisation Technique for Quantitative Studies of Dexamethasone in Pharmaceutical preparations. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2022; 15(12):5785-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00976 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-12-70
1. Dexamethasone [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. [cited 16 June 2021]. Accessed from: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/5743#section=Clinical-Laboratory-Methods
2. Nidhi K. Indrajeet S. Khushboo M. Gauri K. Sen DJ. Hydrotropy: A promising tool for solubility enhancement: A review. International Journal of Drug Delivery Research 2011; 3(2):26-33.
3. Kumar S. Singh P. Various techniques for solubility enhancement: An overview. The Pharma Innovation 2016; 5(1, Part A):23.
4. Nilesh S. Kulkarni. Sanghamitra B. Ghule. Shashikant N. Dhole. A Review on Hydrotropic Solubilization for Poorly Water Soluble Drugs: Analytical Application and Formulation Development. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2019; 12(7):3157-3162. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2019.00532.8
5. Jayakumar C. Mansa Devi . Reddy D.M. Prasad R. Sridar. New Quantitative Technique for estimation of solubility of Theophylline using Hydrotropic Solubilizing Agents. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2021; 14(2):793-796. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00138.4
6. Devika T. Nandini C. Dinesh Kumar S. Jagannath S. An Attempt to applying Hydrotropy Technique for Titrimetric estimation of Ketoprofen using Sodium salicylate as Hydrotrope. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2021; 14(4):2277-9. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00402
7. Santosh K. Shripad P. Hydrotropic Solubilization and Linearity Profile of Apixaban. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2021; 14(3):1576-1578. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00278.X
8. Priyadharisini J. Gigi G.P. Niraimathi V. Jerad Suresh A. Hydrotropic Solubilistion Technique of Metaxalone by U.V. Spectroscopy and First Order Derivative Spectroscopy. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2012; 5(1): 72-74.
9. Sable P.N. Chaulang G.M. Bhosale A.V. Chaudhari P.D. Novel Spectrophotometric Estimation of Olanzepine Using Hydrotropic Solubilizing Agents. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2009; 2 (2): 297-300.
10. Mahendra Kumar I. Investor's Attitude towards the selection of investment option with special reference to derivative investments. Asian J. Management 2014; 5(2): 145-149.
11. Jyoti D. Anuradha S. Shiv Kumar G. Babita Kumar. Spectrophotometric Estimation of Dextromethorphan in Bulk Drug using Hydrotropic Solubilization Technique. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis 2013; 3(3): 90-93.
12. Usha Rani N. Keerthana. K. Mitha M. Santhosh Kumar S. Kotamma. K. Kiran. T. M.N.U. New Spectroscopic Method for Estimation of Atorvastatin Tablets Using Hydrotropic Solubilization Technique. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis 2015; 5(2): 100-104.
13. Waghmare A. Taware G. Baokar S. Undare S. Ecofriendly Validated Spectrophotometric Method for the Estimation of Amlodipine Besylate by using Hydrotropic Solubilization Method. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis 2019; 9(1): 08-10.
14. Jyothi G. Shravan Kumar D. Bhavani P. Anjiah D. Sandeep Kumar G. Eco-Friendly Spectrophotometric Estimation of Gliclazide using Hydrotropic Solubilization Technique. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis 2019; 9(2): 45-48.
15. Minakshi D. Pawar A. Patil A.S. Ghodke M. S. Application of Hydrotropic Solubilization Phenomenon for Estimation of Fenticonazole in Bulk and Vaginal capsules using UV-spectrophotometry Methods. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis 2021; 11(2): 113-7.
16. Downloaded from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assay 20/03/2020
17. Sharma S, Goyal S, Chauhan K. A Review on analytical method Development and Validation. International Journal of Applied Pharmaceutics 2018; 10(6): 8-15.