Krishna Chandra Panda, B.V.V Ravi Kumar, Biswa Mohan Sahoo
Krishna Chandra Panda*, B.V.V Ravi Kumar, Biswa Mohan Sahoo
Roland Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Berhampur – 760010
Affiliated to Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT), Rourkela, Odisha, India.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 12,
Year - 2022
Microwave-assisted chemical reactions are utilized as an emerging tool in drug synthesis as this technique is simple, economic, and efficient. So, a new series of 1,2,4-triazole derivatives are obtained via multi-component reactions under microwave irradiation. First of all, benzohydrazide was obtained by esterification of benzoyl chloride with methanol in presence of concentrated sulphuric acid followed by reaction with hydrazine hydrate. So, carbon disulfide was added dropwise to benzohydrazide in ethanolic potassium hydroxide solution to yield potassium dithiocarbazinate which was cyclized by reacting with hydrazine hydrate to afford 1,2,4-triazole-3-thiol. Further, various Schiff’s bases were prepared by reacting 1,2,4-triazole-3-thiol with different substituted benzaldehydes under microwave irradiations. The characterization of the newly synthesized triazole derivatives were carried out by spectral studies including FT-IR, 1H-NMR, and LC-MS. The tested compounds exhibited significant in-vitro anthelmintic and antimicrobial activities as compared to the standard drugs.
Cite this article:
Krishna Chandra Panda, B.V.V Ravi Kumar, Biswa Mohan Sahoo. Microwave Induced Synthesis of 1,2,4-triazole derivatives and Study of their Anthelmintic and Anti-microbial Activities. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2022; 15(12):5746-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00969
Krishna Chandra Panda, B.V.V Ravi Kumar, Biswa Mohan Sahoo. Microwave Induced Synthesis of 1,2,4-triazole derivatives and Study of their Anthelmintic and Anti-microbial Activities. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2022; 15(12):5746-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00969 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-12-63
1. Sahoo S. Sindhu KN. Sreeveena K. The Significance of 1,2,4 Triazoles in Agriculture Science: A Review. Research J. Pharm. Tech. 2019; 12(10):5091-5097.
2. Bele DS. Singhvi I. A review on 1,2,4-triazoles. Asian J. Biochem. Pharma. Res. 2011; 2(1):38-58.
3. Kharb R. Sharma PC. Yar MS. Pharmacological significance of triazole scaffold. J. of Enzyme Inhib. and Med. Chem. 2011; 26(1):1-21.
4. Al-Masoudi IA. Al-Soud YA. Al-Salihi NJ. 1,2,4-Triazoles: Synthetic approaches and pharmacological importance. Chem. Heterocycl. Compd. 2006; 42: 1377–1403.
5. Maddila S. Pagadala R. Jonnalagadda SB. 1,2,4-Triazoles: A review of synthetic approaches and the biological activity. Lett. Org. Chem.2013; 10: 693-714.
6. Akram MD. Sayeed A. Akram MW. Studies on the Synthesis of some new 1,2,4-Triazoles Derivatives and Evaluation for their Anti-Tubercular activity profiles. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2018; 11(1): 153-164.
7. Singh BP. Synthesis, spectral characterization, and biological activity of the Schiff base complexes. Int. J. of Pharm. Res. and Dev. 2011; 4: 51-57.
8. Ye X. Chen Z. Zhang A. Zhang L. Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of Some Novel Schiff’s Bases from 1,2,4-Triazole: Molecules. 2007; 12: 1202-1209.
9. Mahajan NS. Manikrao AM. Shinde PN. Jawarkar RD. Khatale PN. Dhawale SC. A Review: Biological Importance of Mercapto Substituted 1,2,4-triazole Derivatives. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2012; 5(7): 863-876.
10. Karaalia N. Mentesea E. Y1lmaz F. Microwave-Assisted Synthesis of Some 1H-1,2,4-Triazole-3-one Derivatives. S. Afr. J. Chem. 2013; 66: 72–76.
11. Sahoo BM. Banik BK. Panda J. Microwave-Assisted Green Chemistry Approach: A Potential Tool for Drug Synthesis in Medicinal Chemistry. 2nd Edition, CRC Press, Chapter 12. 2018; 1-34.
12. Mounika P. Chenchu Lakshmi KNV. Sowjanya M. Rama Ayyappa M. Ravindra G. Synthesis, Characterization, Insilico and Invitro Screening of newly Synthesized Schiff Bases. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2021; 14(3):1663-1667.
13. Mobinkhaledi A. Foroughifar N. Khanpour M. Ebrahimi S. Synthesis of some novel Schiff bases containing 1,2,4-triazole ring. Eur J of Chem. 2010;1: 33-36.
14. Munj PP. Somani RR. Chavan AV. Synthesis and biological evaluation of some newer triazole based Schiff’s bases. Pharm Chem. 2010; 2(1): 98-103.
15. Agrawal R. Pancholi SS. Synthesis, characterization, and evaluation of the antimicrobial activity of a series of 1, 2, 4-triazoles. Der Pharm. Chem. 2011; 3(6): 32-40.
16. Salah ER. Mokhtar L. Evaluation of the Antioxidant Activity of some Hydrazone Schiff’s bases bearing Benzotriazole Moiety. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2018; 11(9): 4104-4107.
17. Pellizari G. Masm C. Synthesis of 1,2,4-triazole derivatives. J. Chem. Soc.1901; 80: 488-492.
18. Dayama DS. Khatale PN. Khedkar SA. Nazarkar SR. Vedpathak PA. Synthesis and biological evaluation of some novel 1,2,4-triazole derivatives. Pharm. Chem. 2014; 6(5):123-127.
19. Sahoo PK. Sharma R. Pattanayak P. Synthesis and evaluation of 4-amino-5-phenyl-4H-[1,2,4]-triazole-3-thiol derivatives as antimicrobial agents. Med. Chem. Res. 2010;19:127-135.
20. Jadhav Y. Varma R. VrushaliPatil AS. Bobade SV. Kar A. Chowdhary A. Synthesis and Study of Some 1,2,4-Triazole derivatives. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2010; 3 (4): 1144-1147
21. Bihdan OA. Parchenko VV. Chemical modification and Physicochemical properties of new derivatives 5-(thiophen-3-ilmethyl)-4-R1-1,2,4-triazole-3-thiol. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(9):4621-9.
22. Khan I. Ali S. Hameed S. Rama NH. Hussain MT. Wadood A. Synthesis, antioxidant activities and urease inhibition of some new 1,2,4-triazole and 1,3,4-thiadiazole derivatives. Eur. J. Med. Chem. 2010; 45:5200-7.
23. Sahu S. Dey T. Khaidem S. Jyothi YJ. Microwave Assisted Synthesis of Fluoro-Pyrazole Derivatives for Anti-inflammatory Activity. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2011; 4(3): 413-419.
24. Kaura A. Sharma L. Dhar VJ. Spectral and Antimicrobial Study of Some Novel Schiff Bases and Beta-Lactam Derivatives. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2012; 5(1): 129-132.
25. Kandile NG. Mohamed MI. Ismaeel HM. Synthesis of new Schiff bases bearing 1,2,4-triazole, thiazolidine, and chloroazetidine moieties and their pharmacological evaluation. J. of Enz. Inhib. And Med. Chem. 2016; 32(1): 119-129.
26. Pankaj SK. Honmane PP. Barkade RP. Mohite SK. Magdum CS. Microwave Synthesis of Some Novel 2-Substituted and N-Substituted Benzimidazole Derivatives and its Antimicrobial Activity. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2016; 9(8):1161-1165.