Any damage and bad stimulus causes pain and inflammation. The compound used for pain is known as analgesic and for inflammation is known as anti-inflammatory. The title compounds were evaluated for analgesic activity using Tail-Flick method and anti-inflammatory activity using Carrgenan Induced Rat Paw Edema. Diclofenac Sodium used as standard drug. The chloro, fluro and nitro containg derivatives showed best activity as compared to methyl, methoxy and hydroxy derivatives.
Cite this article:
Sunil Kumar, Sandeep Jain. Anti-inflammatory and Analgesic Studies of 2-aryl-3-(5-alkyl-1, 3, 4-thiadiazol-2-yl) 4-thiazolidinones. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2022; 15(12):5555-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00938
Sunil Kumar, Sandeep Jain. Anti-inflammatory and Analgesic Studies of 2-aryl-3-(5-alkyl-1, 3, 4-thiadiazol-2-yl) 4-thiazolidinones. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2022; 15(12):5555-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00938 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-12-32
1. Hardman J.G. and Limbird L.E. Goodman and Gilman’s The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Ninth Edition, McGraw-Hill Health Professions Division, New York, 1-2.
2. Tripathi K.D. Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Fifth Edition, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd., New Delhi, 2003; Reprint: 2004, 3-41996.
3. Brown F C. 4- thiazolidinones, Chemical Revi. 1961; 61 (5):463-521. doi.org/10.1021/cr60213a002
4. Parekh H H, Parikh K A, and Parikh A R. Synthesis of Some 4-Thiazolidinone Derivatives as Antitubercular Agents , Journal of Sciences. Islamic Republic of Iran, 2004; 15(2): (143-148). University of Tehran, ISSN 1016-1104
5. Vadodaria K, Ladva D, Shah V R and Parikh AR. Studies on 4-Thiazolidinones: Part-1: Preparation and Antimicrobial Activity of 2- Aryl-3-(p- cumenyl)-5-H/methyl-4-thiazolidinones. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences. 2013; 7(9),), 327-330. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/280096243
6. Mishra R R, Nimavat K S and Vyas K B. Synthesis and evalution of thiazolidinone for antibacterial activity and antifungal activities. Rasyan J Chem. 2012; Vol. 5 (2): 214-219. http://www.rasayanjournal.com
7. Sharma R, Samadhiya P, Srivastava S D and Srivastava S K. Synthesis and biological activity of 4-thiazolidinone derivatives of phenothiazine. J. Serb. Chem. Soc. 2012; 77 (1): 17–26. DOI:10.2298/JSC100924152S
8. Gangwar P, Sharma P, Shrivastava B, Sharma J, Sharma S. Synthesis and characterization of new Thiazolidinone derivatives and screening for their Anti-Inflamatory activity. IJCTPR. 2013; Vol. 1(3): 181-184. www.pharmaresearchlibrary.com/ijctpr I
9. Asati K C, Srivastav S K and Srivastav S D. Synthesis of 5-arylidene-2-aryl-3-(benzotriazoloacetamidyl)-1, 3-thiazolidin-4-ones as analgesic and antimicrobial agents. Indian Journal of Chemistry. 2006; Vol. 45B 526-531.
10. Pandey A, Verma S, Dubey RD, Dewanga D, Patel V, Deshmukh K. Synthesis, analgesic and anti-infilamatory activities of novel Schiff’ Base of 2-amino-5-aryl-1,3,4 –Thiadiazole. Asian J Research Chem. 2011,4(2):,278-281. https://ajrconline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2011-4-2-25
11. Aejaz A, Molvi K I, Khan G J. Synthesis, characterization and anti-inflammatory activity some 1-(4-substituted)-2-(−4-(piperazine-1-yl) bis-thiazole-5-yl) 2-methyl-4-nitro-10.5958/0974-4150.2017.00027.X 1h-imidazole-1-yl) ethenone. Asian Journal of Chemistry. 2017,10(2)158-165. DOI: 10.5958/0974-4150.2017.00027.X
12. Valluri K I, Allaka T R, Viswanath K V I, Nagaraju PVVS. Design, molecular docking studies of oxaprozin linked to 4-thiazolidinone derivatives as a potent anticancer, analgesic and anti-inflammatory agents. Asian Journal of Research Chemistry. 2018,11(3),617-627. DOI 10.5958/0974-4150.2018.00111.6
13. Niraimathi V, Jerad Suresh A, Kokli A R. Evaluation of (In-Vitro) Anti-Inflammatory activity of azomethines of aryl thiazoles. Research J. Pharma and Tech. 2011.,4(6) 942-943. https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx? PID=2011-4-6-11
14. Shinde P P, Khule S D Sonawane S, Shelke S. Analgesic activity and anti-inflammatory activity of methanolic extract of plant Sida cordata in carrageenan-induced paw edema in rats. Asian Journal of Research Chemistry. 2018, 11(3); 143-146. DOI: 10.52711/2231-5691.2021.00027
15. Thorat D B, Shivkumar B, Rao N, Mohankumar K M. Synthesis and Evaluation of new 4(3H)-quinazolinones derivatives as potential Anti-Inflammatory agents. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2021,11(3), 213-8. DOI: 10.52711/2231-5659.2021.00034
16. Debnath S, Manjunath S Y. Antibacterial, Anthelmintic, Analgesic and Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Conventional and Microwave Assisted Synthesized 3-(Substituted)-2-Phenylquinazolin-4(3h)-One. Asian J Research Chem, 2011.,4(9),1453-1459. .https://ajrconline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID= 2011-4-9-22
17. Uthale D, Mohite S K. Synthesis and Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Some 4,5 Diphenyl Pyrrole Derivatives. Asian Journal Of Research in Chemistry. 2014,7(1), 58-61. https://ajrconline.org/ AbstractView.aspx? PID=2014-7-1-11
18. Patil P, Sridhar S, Anusha V, Vishwanatham V, Swamy K, Suman D. Synthesis, Characterisaton and Evaluation of Anti-Inflammatory Activity of some new Aryl Pyrazole Derivatives. Asian Journal Research Chemistry. 2014, 7(3) , 269-274. https://ajrconline.org/AbstractView.aspx? PID=2014-7-3-4
19. Roopa H R, Saravanan J, Mohan S, Parmesh R. Synthesis, Characterization and Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Some Novel Heterofused Thienotriazines. Asian Journal Of Research in Chemistry. 2014,7(3), 285-292. https://ajrconline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2014-7-3-8
20. Sunil Kumar, S. K. Sharma and Sandeep Jain. Synthesis and antibacterial studies of some 2-(p-substituted benzylidene)-3-(5-propyle-1, 3, 4-thiadiazol-2-yl) thiazolidin-4-ones. Der Pharma chemical. 2016; 8 (12):143-148. http://derpharmachemica.com/archive.html
21. Vogel H.G. Drug Discovery and Evaluation: Pharmacological Assays, Second Edition, Springer-Verleg, Berlin, 2002; 751-752
22. Kulkarni S K. Heat and other physiological stress-induced analgesia Cathecholamine mediated and naloxone reversible response. Life Sciences. 1980; 27: 185-188. https://doi.org/10.1016/0024-3205(80)90136-8
23. Rakha P, Nagpal M, Sharma S and Parley M. Anti-inflamatory activity of petroleum ether extract of seeds of Ocimum Basilicum linn. Reasearch J. Pharm. And Tech. (2009), 2 (3), 589-591.
24. Winter C A, Risley E A and Nuss G W. Carrageenin-induced edema in hind paw of the rat as an assay for antiiflammatory drugs. Proc. Soc. Exp. Biol. Med. (1962) (111,), 544-547. doi: 10.3181/00379727-111-27849