Swaliha C K, Jayachandran T P, Shadiya C K
Swaliha C K1*, Jayachandran T P2, Shadiya C K3
1Senghundhar College of Pharmacy, Kumaramangalam (PO), Tiruchengode - 637205, Namakkal Dt, Tamil Nadu.
2Division of Pharmacology, Department of Pharmaceutical Science, CPAS, Cheruvandoor Kottayam, under KUHS Kerala 686631.
3National College of Pharmacy, Manassery P.O, KMCT Medical College Road, Mukkam, Kozhikode - 673602, Kerala.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 12,
Year - 2022
Inflammation is a neighborhood reaction to cell injury that is set apart by fine enlargement, leukocytic invasion, redness, heat, agony, expanding and loss of function. HDAC inhibitors play crucial role in regulation of inflammatory gene expression. The point of the investigation was to assess the anti-inflammatory activity of novel HDAC inhibitors having cinnamyl moiety. In the present study, two cinnamyl sulfonamide hydroxamate (CSH) derivatives (4a and 4b) were evaluated for their anti-inflammatory activity by in vitro methods, includes COX, LOX inhibitory assay, iNOS, MPO and determination of cellular nitrite level. The present study revealed that the newly derived compound 4a have potential anti-inflammatory activity and can serves as lead molecule in drug discovery.
Cite this article:
Swaliha C K, Jayachandran T P, Shadiya C K. Evaluation of Anti-inflammatory Activity of Novel HDAC Inhibitors using in vitro Methods. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology2022; 15(12):5455-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00919
Swaliha C K, Jayachandran T P, Shadiya C K. Evaluation of Anti-inflammatory Activity of Novel HDAC Inhibitors using in vitro Methods. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology2022; 15(12):5455-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00919 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-12-13
1. Abdulkhaleq LA, Assi MA, Abdullah R, Hezmee MNM. The crucial roles of inflammatory mediators in inflammation : A review. Vet world. 2018; 11:627–35. doi: 10.14202/vetworld.2018.627-635
2. Ghanshyam Dhalendra, Trilochan Satapathy, Amit Roy. Animal Models for Inflammation: A Review. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 3(4): Oct. - Dec.2013; Page 207-212.
3. Mital N. Manvar, T. R. Desai. In-vitro Anti-inflammatory and Anti-Arthritic Activities of Fruits of Vernonia anthelmintica Willd. (Asteraceae). Asian J. Pharm. Res. 4(4): Oct.-Dec.2014; Page 186-188.
4. Mohan h. text book of pathology. 6th ed. jaypee brothers medical publishers (p) Ltd; 2010. 911 p. 3.
5. P. Lalitha, V. Sachithanandam, N. S. Swarnakumar, R. Sridhar. Review on Anti-inflammatory Properties of Mangrove plants. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2019; 9(4):273-288. doi: 10.5958/2231-5691.2019.00045.5
6. Mital N. Manvar, Prakash Siju, Rohit Ghetia, Bhavin Vadher. In-vitro Anti-inflammatory of Fractions of Ailanthus excels Roxb. By HRBC Membrane Stabilization. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2015; Vol.5: Issue 1, Pg 29-31. Doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00637
7. Karankumar, V. Biradar, Amit Pawar. Corticosteroids and way of inflammation. Research J. Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics. 4(1): Jan. - Feb., 2012, 45-54
8. Halili MA, Andrews MR, Sweet MJ, Fairlie DP. Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors in Inflammatory Disease. Curr Top Med Chem. 2009; 9:309–19. Doi: 10.2174/156802609788085250
9. Ahmed AU. An overview of inflammation: mechanism and consequences. 2011;6(4):274–81. Doi:10.1007/s11515-011-1123-9
10. Hull EE, Montgomery MR, Leyva KJ. HDAC Inhibitors as Epigenetic Regulators of the Immune System : Impacts on Cancer Therapy and Inflammatory Diseases. Bio Med Research International, volume 2016 Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/20196/8797206
11. Paris M, Porcelloni M, Binaschi M, Fattori D. Perspective Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors: From Bench to Clinic. 2008;51(6). Doi: 10.1158/1541-7786
12. Chung Y, Lee M, Wang A, Yao L, Words K. A RTICLE A Therapeutic Strategy Uses Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors to Modulate the Expression of Genes Involved in the Pathogenesis of Rheumatoid Arthritis. 2003;8(5):707–17.
13. Cantley MD, Fairlie DP, Bartold PM, Marino V, Gupta PK, Haynes DR. Inhibiting histone deacetylase 1 suppresses both inflammation and bone loss in arthritis. rheumatology. oxfordjournals. 2015;1–11.
14. Reddy ND, Shoja MH, Jayashree BS, Nayak PG, Kumar N, Prasad VG, et al. Chemico-Biological Interactions In vitro and in vivo evaluation of novel cinnamyl sulfonamide hydroxamate derivative against colon adenocarcinoma. Chem Biol Interact [Internet]. 2015;2922482(March):1–14. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cbi.2015.03.015
15. Adcock IM. Commentary HDAC inhibitors as anti-inflammatory agents. 2007; 150, 829–831. doi:10.1038/sj.bjp.0707166; published online 26 February 2007
16. Harindran J. Comparative evaluation of invitro antiinflammatory activity of Psidium guajava and Syzygium cumini leaves, International Journal of Ayurveda and Pharma Research. 2017; 5(10):33-41, Vol 5 | Issue 10.
17. Riendeau D, Charleson S, CromLish W, Mancini JA, Wong E, Guay J. Comparison of the cyclooxygenase-1 inhibitory properties of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs ( NSAIDs ) and selective COX-2 inhibitors , using sensitive microsomal and platelet assays. 1997; 1095:1088–95
18. Sreejith. M, Kannappan. N, Santhiagu. A, Ajith. P. M. Analgesic and anti-inflammatory activities of aerial parts of Flacourtia sepiaria Roxb. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 5(1): Jan.-March 2015; Page 12-17. doi: 10.5958/2231-5659.2015.00003.X
19. Jacob J, B PK. Dual COX / LOX inhibition : screening and evaluation of effect of medicinal plants of Kerala as Anti- inflammatory agents. 2015; 3(6):62–6.
20. Suschek C V, Schnorr O, Kolb-bachofen V. The Role of iNOS in Chronic Inflammatory Processes In Vivo : Is it Damage-Promoting , Protective , or Active at all ? 2004; 763–75
21. Zamora R, Vodovotz Y, Billiar TR. Inducible Nitric Oxide Synthase and Inflammatory Diseases. 2000; 6(5):347–73.
22. Salome JP, Amutha R, Jagannathan P, Josiah JJM, Berchmans S, Yegnaraman V. Biosensors and Bioelectronics Electrochemical assay of the nitrate and nitrite reductase activities of Rhizobium japonicum. 2009; 24:3487–91.
23. Khan AA. medical sciences Myeloperoxidase as an Active Disease Biomarker : Recent Biochemical and Pathological Perspectives. 2018