Umar Faruk Sha A., Pravin S.
Umar Faruk Sha A.*, Pravin S.
Department of Pharmaceutics, Adhiparasakthi College of Pharmacy, Melmaruvathur, Chengalpattu District, Tamil Nadu, India, 603 319.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 11,
Year - 2022
The present study was undertaken with an objective of formulating the mouth dissolving films of Amlodipine Besylate to enhance convenience and compliance of the elderly and pediatric patients for better therapeutic efficacy. Various batches of Mouth dissolving Films of Amlodipine besylate were prepared by solvent casting method by using various concentration of gelatin and HPMC E5 with PEG- 400, Sodium starch glycolate, Sodium saccharine, Vanillin and Purified water and evaluated for appearance, weight variation, thickness, folding endurance, drug content, disintegration time and in-vitro drug release. The optimized formulation F4 (1:1 ratio of drug and HPMC E5) exhibited acceptable folding endurance (131±1.00), least disintegration time (26±1.00 seconds), highest drug content (100.01±0.89 %) and highest drug release (99.88±0.12%) in 10 minutes. It can be concluded from the study that the mouth dissolving films of amlodipine besylate, formulation F4 for sublingual administration can be an optimized formulation.
Cite this article:
Umar Faruk Sha A., Pravin S.. Formulation and Evaluation of Mouth Dissolving Films of Amlodipine Besylate by using Natural and Synthetic Polymers. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(11):5154-7. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00867
Umar Faruk Sha A., Pravin S.. Formulation and Evaluation of Mouth Dissolving Films of Amlodipine Besylate by using Natural and Synthetic Polymers. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(11):5154-7. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00867 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-11-52
1. Arya A., Chandra A., Sharma V., Pathak K. Fast dissolving oral films: An innovative drug delivery system and dosage form. Int. J. Chem. Tech. Res. 2010;2(1):576–583.
2. Alur H.H., Johnston T.P., Mitra A.K. Peptides and Proteins: Buccal Absorption. [In:] Encyclopedia of Pharmaceutical Technology. Eds.: Swarbrick J. and Boylan J.C. Marcel Dekker Inc, New York. 2001; 20(3):193–218.
3. Ramya Deepathi and Sathish Kumar. Formulation and Evaluation of Amlodipine Besylate oral thin films. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science and Research, 2016; 7(1):199-205.
4. Naga Sowjanya Juluru. Fast Dissolving oral films. International Journals of advances in pharmacy Biology and Chemistry. Jan – Mar, 2013; 2(1):108-112.
5. Martindale, The complete drug reference. Pharmaceutical Press. 2009; 36 th Edn:1214.
6. John Oluwasogo Ayorinde, Michael Ayodele Odeniyi , Olalekan Balogun-Agbaje. Formulation and Evaluation of Oral Dissolving Films of Amlodipine Besylate Using Blends of Starches With Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose. Polim. Med. Jan-Jun, 2016; 46(1):45–51.
7. Thakur Pragya, Ratnaparkhi M.P. Formulation and Evaluation of Mouth Dissolving Film of Felodipine. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. Oct. 2014;7(10):1145-1149.
8. Ashish Gorle and Girish Patil. Development and Evaluation of Fast Dissolving Film of Amlodipine Besylate. International Journal of Chem Tech Research. 2017;10(4):334-344.
9. D. Maheswara Reddy, C. Madhusudhana Chetty, Y. Dastagiri Reddy, P. Komali, B. Sri Divya, S. Sandhya Rani. Formulation and Evaluation of Fast Dissolving Buccal Patches of Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2021; 14(1):225-230.
10. K. Adinarayana Reddy, Y. Srinivasa Rao. Formulation and in Vivo Evaluation of Granisetron HCl mouth Dissolving films in Healthy Human Volunteers. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2018;11(1):236-244.
11. D. Jayaprakash, N. Swathi. Formulation and Characterization of Rosuvastatin Mouth dissolving films for the treatment of Hyperlipidemia. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2021;14(2):997-1002.
12. Sumedha Bansal, Gopal Garg. Design and Optimization of Fast Dissolving Film of Losartan. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2014;7(11):1211-1218.
13. Nikhlesh Birla, Kavita Mandloi, Rampal Mandloi, Sujit Pillai. Formulation and Evaluation of Quick Dissolving Films of Promethazine Hydrochloride. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2017;10(4):1025-1028.
14. Methaq H. Sabar. Formulation and In-vitro evaluation of Fast Dissolving Film containing Amlodipine Besylate Solid Dispersion. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci. 2013;5(4):419-428.
15. Sudhir Maddela, Buchi N. Nalluri. Development of Rizatriptan Mouth Dissolving Films: A Fast Absorbing Drug Delivery System for Effective Treatment of Migraine. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2019;12(6):2907-2916.
16. A. Srinivas, D.V.R.N.Bhikshapathi. Fast Dissolving Oral Films of Pramipexole HCl monohydrate: Preparation and in vitro evaluation. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2018;11(3):1001-1008.
17. Reddy PS, Murthy KVR. Formulation and Evaluation of Oral Fast Dissolving Films of Poorly Soluble Drug Ezetimibe Using Transcutol Hp. Indian J of Pharmaceutical Education and Research. 2018;52(3):398-407.
18. Gangurde A. B., Bairagi V. A., Borse K. Design and Quality Control of fast Dissolving Atorvastatine Calcium and Amlodipine Besylate Tablets. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2018;11(6):2424-2428.
19. Deepthi PR and Kumar KS: Formulation and Evaluation of Amlodipine Besylate Oral Thin Films. Int J Pharm Sci Res. 2016; 7(1): 199-05.