Madhuri Gaddam, Nagaraju Ravouru
Email ID Not Available
Madhuri Gaddam1*, Nagaraju Ravouru2
1Department of Pharmaceutics, Rao’s College of Pharmacy, Nellore, Andhra Pradesh, India.
2Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology, Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati- 517502, Andhra Pradesh, India.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2022
A novel omeprazole co-crystals instant dry suspension dosage was formulated by applying co-crystallization which is a particle engineering technique to enhance the physicochemical properties. As omeprazole has major critical draw backs in their solubility and stability (acidic pH degradation, thermal sensitivity, photosensitivity and highly hygroscopic nature) bioavailability of omeprazole was drastically reduced and purpose of administration of drug was not fulfilled. There by this formulation was invented to check maid these problems. In this present study in-vivo evaluation were performed. Pharmacokinetic parameters and pharmacodynamic parameters were determined and statistically analysed. The prepared formulation of omeprazole produced reliable satisfaction in solving the drawback problems of pure omeprazole by enhancing bioavailability. Statistical analysis was done by one way ANOVA test with P value less than 0.0001, Dunnet multiple comparison test was performed between the groups with P value < 0.01 which was considered to be significant.
Cite this article:
Madhuri Gaddam, Nagaraju Ravouru. Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic studies of Omeprazole Co-crystals dry suspension. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(1):494-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00080
Madhuri Gaddam, Nagaraju Ravouru. Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic studies of Omeprazole Co-crystals dry suspension. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(1):494-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00080 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-1-80
1. Abhishek S, Anil M, Vikas S, Pankaj M. Evaluation of antiulcer activity of different extracts of Clitoria ternatea leaves on experimental animals. UK Journal of Pharmaceutical and Bio Sciences. 2016; Vol 4(3): 60-63.
2. Neetesh KJ, Namrata S, Pushpendra K, Navneet G et al. Pharmacological screening of antiulcer agents: A Review. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research. 2010, Vol 1(9):29-37.
3. M Katashima, K Yamamoto, M Sugiura, Y Sawada and T Iga. Comparative Pharmacokinetic/Pharmacodynamic study of proton pump inhibitors, Omeprazole and Lansoprazole in rats. Drug metabolism and Disposition. 1995; Vol 23, Issue 7.
4. A Lavanya, M Pitchiah Kumar, J anbu, A Ashwini and S Ayyasamy. Antiulcer activity of Canavaliavirosa (ROXB) W&A leaves in animal model. International Journal of life sciences and Pharmaceutical research. 2012 Oct-Dec; Vol 2/issue 4.
5. WP Geus, RAA Mathot, PGH Mulder, CBHW Lamers. Pharmacodynamic and kinetics of Omeprazole MUPS 20 mg and pantaprozole 40 mg during repeated and administration in Helicobacter pylori – negative subjects. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2000; 14: 1057-1064.
6. Ananda Kumar C, Vasudha B, Krishna S. Pharmacological and phytochemical evaluation of gastric anti-ulcer activity of parthenium hysterophorus in different models. International Journal of pharmacognosy and phytochemical Research 2017; 9(4):449-455.
7. Binbin Wei, Yan Wang, H wu, Minjie Wei etal. Pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetics of a new type of compound lansoprazole capsule in gastric ulcer rats and Beagle dogs: Importance of adjusting oxidative stress and inflammation. Pharmaceutics 2019, 11, 49.
8. Peter J. Prichard, N.D. Yeomans, G.W. Mihaly, Willian J. Louis et al. Omeprzole: A study of its inhibition of gastric PH and oral pharmacokinetics after morning or evening dosage. Gastroenterology January 1985;Vol 88, No. 1, Part 1.
9. Sajal Kumar J, Roopa K, Venkatesh Dinnekere P, and Amitava Ghosh. Pharmacodynamics and Pharmacokinetics evaluation of Ranitidine microemulsion on experimental animals. Advances in Pharmaceutics. 2014, oct-20; 6 pages.
10. Neetesh K J, Namrata Singh, Pushpendra K, Navneet G, Akanksha G and S D Tonpay. Pharmacological screening of antiulcer agents: a review. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research (2010), Vol 1, Issue 9.
11. Saroj Kumar S, Himamshu Bhusan S, priyadarshini D, Soundarya G, Kishore kumar CH, Usha rani K. Anti ulcer activity of Ethanolic extract of salvadora indica (W) leaves on albino rats. Journal of clinical and diagnostic research. 2016 Sep Vol-10(9); FF07-FF10.